FastHost.com / Useless organization! Customer service is zero!

I have an on-line business and have suffered with a few problems form our hosting company, their customer is zero . They have a ticket system and a supposedly on-line tech support but none of them respond , the just close tickets without completing the work. I have run into big problems now trying to change hosts as they will NOT respond to any emails when I ask them for transfer details. Its so frustrating and as a purely on-line business we rely on these HOSTS 100%.

If anyone has any ideas how I can get fasthost.com to release info to our new host PLEASE HELP!!

Comments

19th of Mar, 2007

I stongly agree with you, I have also been having the same crap from them and now I want to leave they will not stop charging me, they told me payments will be "reversed" I'm not sure what he meant by this so I asked them, they closed the topic without answering... and now yet again.. they have taken my money. I'm not sure what I should do, I have contacted my bank and since I openly gave them my details, there is nothing they can do. (which is the mos ridiculous thing I've heard in my life... someones taking your money but your bank can't do anything about it?!?) I am thinking the only thing I can do now is goto the Police, but since the host is aboard, do I contact my local Police, or do i contact theirs? I dunno but I strongly suggest ANYONE looking to host with fasthost.com DON'T!!! you will PAY for PROBLEMS that is all it is... sending them your money for hassle, problems and Zero support. Their support staff is dispanding I'm sure of it, their used to be three members when I started, one of them told me he is leaving. Another has gone offline and not heard from him in about 3+ months now... (since 2006) the only member left is the ### that never replies...

• Gi
      5th of Apr, 2007

I worked at Heritage Web as well. Like you said, the owners and many of the employees are VERY nice people. But it was one of the most stressful jobs I could have ever had. Most professional graphic designers only need to get approximately 2 designs done per week… but at Heritage we were pushed to get 4 designs out each day. They told us to spend no more than 30 minutes on the initial design. This was a very difficult thing for me to get used to - as I’m picky about the quality of graphics I make - and you just can’t crank out a beautiful website in 30 minutes. They can’t keep employees because of the huge amount of stress involved in this job. They need to 1) hire a group of people to be solely responsible for customer service calls (don’t make the graphic/web designers answer random phone calls all day while trying to get 4 designs completed) - and create more of a professional environment with PROFESSIONAL expectations (2 designs/week would make more sense) rather than having that sort of sweatshop feel. This is only increased by the fact that they don’t require that you know HTML or Photoshop very well (or at all) when hiring you (which might be because of employees quitting all the time)

11th of Oct, 2007

I also s*ck with this company, not like I should tell more, but would repeat all the texts above. I even reported that they got a small script problem (caused by a slash), they just closed the report, omg. The only temporary solution i see - which seems to work - is to leave less money on the card than this [censored] company would get (after a service they aren't giving).

They are not 99%, there were many shut downs, once i couldn't reach my site for 2 days. Earlier they replied with "maintance", etc.

They are closing all tickets - or leave them opened, that's new, you submit.

They have sites at testimonials which have dead links (many).

I didn't canceled my account just set up new name servers for the domain and when the domain name expired, they had a page instead of my site that the domain name expired: at first I asked them why is that but got no answer. My second step was to take out my money from my car's balance so when they couldn't charge me they sent me a notification WHERE i told them i didn't get what i payed for (1 free domain name). Later I saw with domain tools that my domain name never expired, it was re-registered the day when the registration ended. So they just .. (words here). It was ONE FULL MONTH without my domain name, including without website and emails (.. and without visitors).

Since I'm still able to enter after I've canceled my account I will take out my money again (I hope this can stop them thieving).

I hate this company. I lost plenty of visitors.

11th of Oct, 2007

After thinking a lot, i had the following idea: when they couldn't charge my credit card, there was a new ticket system for billing. I searched for the message and navigated to the below address and opened a ticket describing that I've canceled my account and don't charge me again.

So what, I'm still able to log in at the fasthost site but I've submitted a ticket at https://support.2co.com/deskpro/newticket.php and got the following reply (I say WOW, a reply at least):
    =============== :: Message :: ==============

Hello Gábriel,

Thank you for contacting 2Checkout.com. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

If there is anything that we can help you with, please contact us again.

Feel free to reopen this ticket, or call for any additional assistance. We appreciate your patience, as well as, your
    patronage. For your convenience, our Customer Care department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

(a name was here, i cutted to avoide any futher problems)

2Checkout.com Customer Care
    2Checkout.com

(614) 921-2450

(877) 294-0273 (US & Canada)

08718718283 (UK & Northern Ireland)

Fax: (614) 921-2451 or (866) 921-2451 (US & Canada)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This message was sent by the 2Checkout.com Help Desk Helpdesk.

Have a question we can help you with? Visit our Knowledgebase for a list of questions and answers:

Alternatively, ask our staff a question:

The 2Checkout.com Help Desk :: http://www.2checkout.com

<=== 2066-WOFV-0177 --- a692ed3f ===>

I will see what's up a month later and will let you know.

7th of Nov, 2007

Oh man, 3 days more... I really wonder if i was successful or not. By the way, I found a very nice page which just briefly describes how the fasthost.com support working: http://www.cippico.com/Docs/The%20Fasthost%20Fiasco.htm

At first I laughed a lot, then recognized how our cases are the same, and closed the page with sad face. I sent the info for Pc Pro's watchdog, maybe they'll like it or at least they can write a good story about our cases which might stop further sign ups at that terrible company.

4 more days - just to wait that 24h anyway - and I'll report back.

Geza.

12th of Nov, 2007

Here you go, no more charges on my credit card! Even if on a very hard way, I was able to cancel the accounts at fasthost.com. I still wonder what will be with my home pages but i guess they are lost. Keep on hopping.

• Un
      3rd of Mar, 2008

On the subject of Fasthosts, I can on advise any current or future customer, home or business, to steer clear from this company. Their recent security issues can only backup any claims of incompetence’s. For numerous months, I have been attempting to downgrade 2 packages. With most other ISP's this would be a relatively simple task. Given the unresponsiveness and unprofessional manner in which Fasthosts have dealt with this simple task, I am left with no other alternative but to move all accounts and services to an alternative provider. For anyone who cares to read my view on Fasthosts, please...please take your business elsewhere, if you want an all round good service. I am truly dissatisfied with Fasthosts!!!

• Ku
      26th of Apr, 2008

This is the first time that I am having trouble with Fasthost.com. I am not a happy camper. Not sure if Victor is still working there or not, but he used to take really good care of my two accounts. Maybe he moved on :-(

My domain hosting is paid up, but there seems to be a problem with my domain name. Now they replaced my website with money making click throughs and nobody can access my site anymore.

I have phoned them for three days straight and left messages on their anwering machine, opened 2 tickets and launched an online complaint with their customer service dept. several days ago. Also tried to contact two of their techs over MSN. No luck with anything.

So what happens now? How do I get my domain name back, if these people don't respond to my polite emails?

I have had numerous emails from friends and customers, advising me that my site is down. This is costing me money and Fasthost is not doing their job. What recourse to I have, legal or otherwise?

Kurt

• Ku
      27th of Apr, 2008

Another day just went by, after three days of leaving phone messages, MSN messages and tickets with them. No answer :-(

• Tr
      19th of Jun, 2008

Yup, I have suffered all of the comments that others have given.

They stole my domain names and I'm a charity out of pocket reseller which means I don't charge for anything.

I requested the registration of three domain names and they decided to register them in their name. Two domain names expired and so I paid for the renewal and submitted a support ticket. They eventually did so; then in feb 08, I had a friend pay for the renewal fee and so I submitted another support ticket. They didn't honour it until a month after the expiration date. Yup, their IM was crap, the responded to support tickets in 23 hours 59 mins to never bothered. They closed my reseller account with some ### and bull excuse of a 'spam investigation' and ThePlanet.com, where my data is at, wont even give me my data and sql databases because it is down to fasthost.com to deal with unless I got a subpoena. So now I did some checking, they're not at stemmons freeway; ThePlanet.com is at stemmons freeway. Directi who is the sponsoring registrar stated that fasthost.com is in new Jersey. Clearly, fasthost.com is in breach of ICANN regulations and I haven't the time of day to take them to court over 3 domain names...and I still want my data back. I went to a lawyer and they wanted $1500 which I don't mind paying together with everyone else's complaints as well. I'd love to take these guys down let alone go around to Gregory Chase's house and batter the living daylights out of him.

20th of Jun, 2008
    FastHost.com - Did not deliver but charged
    FastHost.com
    www.fasthost.com

I tried to buy a new web domain. First they confirmed the deal, later they canceled it. My credit card was charged. Endless email contacts. Finally, refund has been promised, but after 1 week still not done. Similar problems for some of my friends with this company.

Not a good partner for web hosting. I will cancel my existing account with them.

28th of Jun, 2008

Same bad experience with fasthost.com.
    I ordered a new domain name. They never delivered but charged my credit card.

Endless emails and phone calls to fasthost and 2checkout.com. Did not just resend order ( easy because just an email ). Finally agreed to send the money back. Again endless process, claimed to have money sent back.

Looks like fraud at the moment.
    Got my bank involved now. A have email confirmation from 2checkout.com, clear evidence.

Keep away from this company! Also keep in mind, that your domain is not on your name. They can do what they want. There are much better deals out there.

Werner

18th of Jul, 2008

Final:
    It took about 1 month to get my money back.
    My credit card bank was involved, too.
    Again, avoid this company, not relaiable.

24th of Nov, 2008

Same problems here.

Will not return emails or messages, never online, despite claim of 24/7.

I will not sit by and get screwed by these people.

I was dumb enough not to research this company before transferring to them, and bringing my clients over.

That's my mistake, so I will correct it, one way or another.

This domain was registered through godaddy.com under domainsbyproxy.com.

I am going to file complaints with everyone from the BBB to [redacted], godaddy, 2checkout.com...and whoever else is affiliated or associated with this organization.

I have just began my research.

If anyone here can help, or would like to combine resources, please email me.

ingenuitylabs@gmail.com

25th of Nov, 2008

I called 2checkout.com at 12:30AM and instantly got a response.

Two minutes later they canceled the recurring billing from fasthost.com. Two seconds later I had the confirmation email.

Now, that's a real company (2checkout), with damn good customer service.

25th of Nov, 2008

If anyone has these same problems, as dozens of us have had, and if you used 2checkout.com as fasthost.com's payment gateway to pay for their services, simply call 2checkout.com and they will cancel the billing to your credit card. This is what I did, and they were fantastic.

As for fasthost.com...nothing but ripoff liars.

I will not be surprised if 2checkout.com drops them very soon.

• J9
      13th of Jan, 2009

I run my own Electrical Contracting company in Ireland and my website is hosted by yours truly FASTHOST.COM. My website has not been operationally now for 5 weeks now and I cannot access my emails.
    I am missing out every day on work opportunities because of my website and emails not working. I`ve tried contacting them on numerous occasions and as yet I am to get a response. I then contacted 2 CheckOut.com and they have also tried contacting them, but they also have received no response!!
    I am really angry now because of this. I want to change hosts but I need all relevant details from Fasthost.com for us to do that, and cant get them because of their lack of commitment and customer service to their customers!!
    If I hadda knew as much back when I got Fasthost than I know now then I would not have touched them with a barge pole.
    Can anyone tell me what I can do to get in touch with this excuse for a company? I cant change my domain name either because I have all my letter heads, vehicles, business cards, adverts etc made up with all my details on it.
    Someone please help I am at my wits end!!!

PS. 2Checkout.com have been great

Jerome

• Ha
      13th of Feb, 2009

Yes I had the same problem - automatic rebilling without permission and they failed to refund.

The one way to solve this is to write to their local Trading Standards, i.e. Gloucestershire County Council Trading Standards, :

Fasthosts was investigated by Trading Standards in 2002 (http://software.silicon.com/webservices/0, 39024657, 11031397, 00.htm)

If enough people notify Trading Standards of their experiences another investigation may follow.

HL

• To
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Im not happy, cant transfer my account for 60 days or something, is this normal for all hosts? Just cant sort anything out. If I cancel do I get my money back because I am still under the 30 day guarantee? I really want to leave and try someone else. Why o why did I not just get a month?!?!?!?

Any answers would be great

• Ke
      26th of May, 2009

After weeks and weeks and endless support requests to cancel my account with no joy, I took someone elses advice from this page and just called up 2checkout.com. After less than 2 minutes on the phone I was able to cancel my recurring payment and received receipt of my cancellation.

Hopefully this will be the last I hear of fasthost.com and their rip-off charges and zero support. Thank goodness for 2checkout.com! I am forever grtateful for their high level of support. I will be keeping this cancellation confirmation just in case fasthost try to bill me again (although I hope that isn't likely since I cut them off at their billing provider).