FastFloors.com / Price match guarantee a joke

1 MD, United States Review updated:

I tried to post this but your site required the business address and I could not locate it on their site, fastfloors.com

I was shopping for Daltile Cristallo perennial accent tiles and found them at south cypress floors for $17.38 each.? I asked fastfloors.com to give me their 110% price match guarantee on the product.? The order seemed to go through but then I had a message on my voice mail telling me there was a problem.? I called and was told a member of management would get in touch with me.? Three days passed without a word.? I called back and was told they had checked with south cypress floors and the price was $18.60 each.? I told them I had a copy of the published price of $17.38 from south cypress floors.? They said if I faxed that to them, they would honor it.? I faxed it immediately.? About an hour later, I got an e-mail from them stating that my order had been canceled and all my information deleted from their system.? They said they were sorry they could not honor the price match, without giving a reason why.? They did not even offer to match the $18.60 which they said south cypress quoted to them.? I hope customers will steer clear of this company.? They don't do what they claim.

Kimberly Nifong, MD

Va

Comments

• Ro
      10th of Mar, 2008

Yes, i did have a bad experience with fastfloors too. they cancelled my order and did the same to me. luckily i found Bid4floors.com they actually gave me a better price plus did not charge me for shipping. Bid4floors.com is the best website in my opinion.

Rob
    Laguna Hills, CA

15th of Mar, 2008

###. That is all I have to say about Fastfloors.com They have websites that give these extremely low prices on flooring. When you go to check out, these sites lead you back to Fastfloors.com where the prices are much higher. And the famous Price Match, ha, what a joke. Try and get it...watch the run around that you get from the staff--Kimberly, Hilary, and Aaron. Oh, and they lost my order also. What a scam. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE WEASELS OR YOU WILL BE SORRY. FASTFLOORS SUCKS.

• Ir
      18th of Jun, 2008

I will never do business with this company again. First i purchase a laminate floor for about 800.00 dollars. Went back to them two months later to buy some more of the same floor but this time i did the price match. They agree to it. But two days later e-mail me and said they could not do because i did not order enough. The hell with this company.

• Tc
      4th of Apr, 2009

If anyone has a problem at FastFloors.com they can always call in and speak with a manager or in most cases one of the owners who are both there five days a week. I am sorry that some customers either don't read it or get confused with the whole PriceMatch process so let me shed some light here. As it was mentioned by more than one person, in some cases we will not match a price you find at another site and let me tell you the biggest reason why. Most all of the sites that list these lower prices are what's known as "affiliate" web sites. They don't sell anything. They sign up with our affiliate program then display our list of products on their site. The hope is you will find their site, click on a link, go to our site and make a purchase. When you do, they get a small affiliate fee. Obviously a lot of small fees add up and some do quite well promoting in this fashion. The problem we have with some of them is they do not update the prices. We update our prices to them daily, some of them just don't update them at all or not frequently enough. That is why in some cases you see this lower price on a web site, then click on the quote-buy button and land on our web site to see a different price. This is no scam or trick, it's just something we have control limited over. If we have affiliates that don't correct this after being warned we will drop them from our program. Unfortunately there are thousands of them in our program so it can be a challenge to police this. Again if you have any issues with FastFloors.com ask to speak to a manager or an owner. We're a family owned and operated company and will always take the call. Also if you come across one of these affiliate sites with pricing issues please let us know and we will get it corrected immediately.

• So
      12th of Oct, 2009

To FastFloors.com and Kimberly,

In FastFloors defense the $17.38 per piece that Kimberly found online was an outdated price that was being advertised by a company that had gone out of business and no longer updating their prices. We make it a priority to keep our advertising prices updated through the internet but sometimes it can be difficult. Since that price had been listed with this particular advertiser our vendor had raised prices and the new price on our website was $18.60 per piece.

As for Kimberly, we were extremely happy to have you as a customer and it was our pleasure to honor the $17.38 per piece price regardless. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Matt Dyar
    Internet Branch Manager
    South Cypress Floors - love your floor
    1.800.891.2623

• Fa
      12th of Oct, 2009

FastFloors.com has been in the industry for decades. The company has more products than any other web site in the industry. FastFloors.com has been in the Internet selling these products since 1995 which is longer than most of these other companies have even been in business period. FastFloors.com has assisted millions of Internet users with their flooring and tile projects. If you consider all that, then consider the only very, very few complaints listed on these complaint sites are related to price match issues, I'd really consider the source of these complaints.

The price match guarantee at FastFloors.com is listed on their site. It explains you can't go to four different web sites, pick and choose the cheapest product from each them try to come to FastFloors.com and have them match that. FastFloors.com is about service. If you want the best TOTAL price for your entire order being product, accessories and freight, and you want a company that will really stand behind the order, now and ten years from now, then buy from FastFloors.com.

Read the price match guarantee. It's all clearly spelled out on the site. If you still have questions call 1.800.764.1212 and ask to speak with one of the managers on staff. They'll be more than happy to assist you.

• Vi
      19th of Nov, 2010

I wanted to buy some vinyl plank and researched several vendors. This company seemed like a good deal in that they offered a price match guarantee. I filled out the online application to verify the quote I had from another company and received an email stating their bid would be the same price less 10% provided they could verify the competitor's price. I spoke to another female sales person the following day since I received the quote online and asked (since it seemed too good to be true) if in fact the that was the price. She explained that yes that was the competitive quote and that I would hear from another member of her team. I didn’t hear back from any member of their company for 2-3 days. By the end of the week I heard from the assigned sales person who told me that he couldn’t honor the price and that the online quote wasn’t good.

So their online system said one price, the female sales associate agreed with it and then the male sales rep calls to tell me they won’t honor it.

My time is valuable and I won’t waste it on your website again. Get your story straight and your pricing straight. You lost a customer.