FasterThanThem.com / Poor follow-thru and service. Absolutely not recommended!

Needing a rack & pinion bushing kit, I found their website through a popular search engine. On the website, the product was clearly indicated in stock with guaranteed delivery in 3 days or less, so an order was placed. As expected, I received a confirmation receipt via email, and also another puzzling email thanking me for a parts inquiry and that a sales rep would be in contact with me within 24 hours. That was confusing enough, and then 10 days later, no product still at the door. Upon sending an email inquiring to the order, an auto response email was sent back, again thanking me for my parts inquiry and that a sales rep would be in contact. Harold finally did send an email stating that they had sent 4 emails to inform me that they did not have the red (as ordered), but they did have black in stock but they canceled my order since they "weren't getting replies". Never got any of those emails, so I placed the order again online, this time for the black set. They again canceled my order, claiming that the black set was on extended backorder. Come'On Harold.. which is it? Being on Backorder ISN'T having it in stock. And, you had my contact number.. a phone call would have been appropriate.

I do a lot of purchases online, and I think this organization has to be one of the lowest on the scale in terms of customer service and ordering follow-through. Seeing the other complaint on here for the same company, and their feedback on eBay, I am thankful I didn't endure any worse than this before learning this etailer is just concerned with the buck and not the foll0w-thru and service that comes with the sale.

Absolutely not recommended!

Comments

• Va
      2nd of Nov, 2006
    FasterThanThem.com - Horrible seller and even worse customer service!

I bought the same item twice off of ebay, and the first time they just refunded my money and didn't give me any explination. So i ordered a part again and they wouldn't give me my money back and in the end they gave me an unpaid item strike on ebay and left me 2 negative feedbacks. I tried to contact them MANY MANY TIMES and all i have to say is that, their customer service is a joke. When you call a woman will pick up and every time its the same story, they're not here or on break or lunch, and they would just ask you to leave messages. So I kept calling and leaving messages, and no one would ever call back. I called at least 40 times and left maybe 20 messages and never heard a word from them. This was,by far, the worst customer service experiance i have ever had! I urge any one who tries to do business with them to think twice and readthis over, because I'd hate for any one else to go through what I went through.

• Jp
      5th of Jan, 2007

This is a post to fully state the nightmare time I had with an ebay company called “fasterthanthem”. I have no worries about any statement I make on this post, as I have complete and full documentation involving the ordeal I had to go through. Please read this entirely as YOU COULD BE NEXT!
    August 21st, 2017- I send an email to a seller called “fasterthanthem”, inquiring about a roof top carrier for sale, item #250021407628 .
    The item states “99 available”, but it also states that you should contact the seller for verification or they are not contractually obligated. I also ask if I can receive it by September 7th, as I need to use it for that upcoming weekend.
    August 22nd, 2017- After getting no response, I call their 24 hour number. I get an operator who takes my number and assures me that they will be in touch.
    August 24nd, 2017- I call again, and an operator takes my message. One hour later I receive not one, but 3 emails in a row stating:
    “Hello, thank you for the question.
    This product is in stock and ready for immediate shipping.
    Go to www.FasterThanThem.com to purchase this item direct for a lower price and free faster shipping”
    Within 2 minutes of receiving the email, I purchase one of the 99 for sale with a “buy it now”. I pay immediately by paypal as is my habit.
    Paypal Record-
    Total Amount: $215.99 USD
    Date: Aug. 24, 2017
    Time: 17:37:26 PDT

August 28th, 2017- I receive an email from fasterthanthem-
    Subject: Your auction purchase has been submitted for shipment from www.FasterThanThem.com
    Total: $215.99
    Please check your Paypal/Ebay Account and your Paypal/EBAY ***EMAIL*** address
    for your tracking information. We take the time to provide your tracking
    there so please check there before emailing about your tracking information.
    It will be provided there once available. Usually tracking is delivered
    3-4 days after the item has already been shipped. In many instances, customers receive their package before the tracking email. We apologize for this, but our server loads are high.”

September 5th, 2017- After not receiving any tracking info, I email for status, and receive this email-
    “Subject:Re: Question for item #250021407628 - Thule 668TT Frontier - Auto Generated
    Hello, thank you for the question.
    This product is in stock and ready for immediate shipping.
    Go to www.FasterThanThem.com to purchase this item direct for a lower price and free faster shipping.
    Just search the auction title on our website search box (upper left hand corner) to save more money.
    A sales reprentative will be reply with a direct answer shortly. “
    I get suspicious and call. Once again, an operator takes my message.

September 6th, 2017I receive this email:
    “Subject: Order Cancelled / Full Refund Processing - PLEASE READ BEFORE EMAILING OR CALLING! eBay item #250021407628 Thule 668TT Frontier
    Hello, unfortunately we have cancelled your order.
    At the time of listing; products are available, however items do sell out
    due to our website sales. We realize this is an inconvenience and hope you
    understand that we do apologize for it.
    *PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT*
    Please ignore all “payment reminder” or ?item shipped? emails you may receive from eBay. These are automatically sent by Ebay and not us.”
    So, to recap, they are saying that, in the 2 minutes bewteen when they said they had them and I bought it thru “Buy it Now”, they ran out.
    I called again for explanation, once again my information was taken.
    A refund came on paypal later that evening.
    I email inquiring about what happened, and I get this reply-
    “Subject:Your auction purchase has been submitted for shipment from www.FasterThanThem.com
    Hello, thank you for purchasing our Thule 668TT Frontier
    Item title: Thule 668TT Frontier
    Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250021407628
    Item number: 250021407628
    Buyer User ID: fuzzy_melon
    Total: $0.00
    Please check your Paypal/Ebay Account and your Paypal/EBAY ***EMAIL*** address
    for your tracking information. We take the time to provide your tracking
    there so please check there before emailing about your tracking information.

Now they’re shipping? After a refund?
    After 1 more auto-response from another email, I give up, scurry to buy another container locally and move on. I decide not to leave feedback, as I do not want negative feedback returned (my record is spotless)

September 17th, 2017- I receive an email from ebay as follows:
    “Subject:eBay Unpaid Item Strike Received for Item #250021407628
    Dear fuzzy_melon,
    You have received an Unpaid Item strike.
    You were the winning buyer on eBay item Thule 668TT Frontier (#250021407628). The seller, fasterthanthem has informed eBay that payment for the item has still not been received, or that the two of you were not able to come to agreement. As a result, you have received an Unpaid Item strike.
    After catching my breath (and a few curse words) I challenge the strike wth my documentation and receive a reversal from ebay-
    “Subject:Your eBay Unpaid Item Strike has Been Removed for Item #250021407628
    Thank you for contacting eBay concerning the Unpaid Item strike you
    received. Our records indicate that this is the first Unpaid Item strike you have appealed. Based on your effort to contact us, and the information you
    have provided, we have removed the Strike from your file.
    To assist you as well as possible, we are providing the following
    information regarding our Unpaid Item policy. Should you have any
    concern not addressed in this response, please contact the appropriate
    department through the Trust and Safety web form, located at the end of
    this email.”
    September 20, 2017-I then send a nasty email to fasterthanthem-
    “Did I mention how much your company sucks?
    I have contacted members who are passing my story and the email documentation around concerning our little transaction. I trust they will continue to circulate…hey, this is even better than negative feedback!
    I too have started an ebay disput claim.
    Have a nice day”
    Believe it- I receive 2 MORE auto emails stating product is in stock and ready to ship.
    I then finally receive an ACTUAL EMAIL FROM A PERSON AT FASTERTHANTHEM stating-
    “Hello this has been forwarded to ebay’s trust and safety whom are
    currently investing malicious bidding with similar IP’s to you in
    excess of $14000, that is a felony and will be prosecuted as such.
    If you had a problem you should have contacted us first. We take care
    of every customer that gives us a chance.
    Thank you, your business is valued and appreciated
    Glenn”

So, they try to scare me off with some job about a fraud investigation? After I paid them and they refunded the money!?

I still moved on until today, when I have just discovered that they gave ME negative feedback, stating “Failure to fulfill auction obligations, Your threats have been sent to ebay!” Can you believe this crap??
    I do this post to make sure that hopefully everyone who reads the feedback I leave for this company gets here and reads about who they are getting ready do deal with. I had a spotless record, just wanted to buy an item, got screwed in the transaction and got my first negative feedback.
    Anyone who wishes actual email headers for authentication, please email me and I will greatfully submit all material.

• Je
      5th of Mar, 2007

fasterthanthem.com - On 1-12-2017 I purchased a Borla Exhaust system from fasterthanthem.com I received it on 1-15-2017. Unfortunately I ordered the worn g part for my viper. I thought for sure this was going to be a hassle. I called Faster Than Them Corp. about my problem. They said "no problem", sent me a free return label ands shipped me out the part I needed. It arrived 3 days later and fit perfect. I love these guys.

• Ra
      17th of May, 2007

I got bowled over before u. Right now i want to buy stuff from ebay and is so afraid because of fasterthanthem. I bought a civic mount inserts and did not get it. Im so upset a year later. They also sent an unpaid strike in my account as well and have to contest it in ebay. These people have soured me from buying from ebay. I bought a phone since and got it but im so skeptical right now. Thanks for your post i feel better i am not alone having problems with this company. Can u give me their contact number? Have you called for an investigation for fraud with this company?

• To
      14th of Sep, 2007

I have been purchasing from fasterthanthem via their website for years. They always answer the phone shiop fast and have the best prices you sure its not some ebay scam? I never shop on ebay just buy directly from FasterThanThem.com and you will be happy like me.

• Jp
      8th of Nov, 2007

Can you believe this Tom? Gee, I wonder if he's from the company? I wonder... It's not enough you ripped many many people off that you have to try and cover your by posting this junk?

Please heed the advise people. I had a spotless record on ebay before my dealings with FasterThanThem!

Also, please note:
    FASTERTHANTHEM WAS KICKED OFF OF EBAY FOR DISHONORABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES! DOES THIS TELL YOU SOMETHING?!?
    Sometimes, the system DOES work!

• Mi
      14th of Aug, 2008

They should change their name to "SLOWER than them". I will never purchase from they again. Treat to dispute thru Paypal to get a response which was not fast either. I still do not have the product I purchased.

• Ru
      27th of Sep, 2008

I also had a similar experience with Faster Than Them a couple of years ago. I bought a Borla exhaust for my Cobra on eBay. I immediately paid with PayPAl:

From: [protected]@paypal.com [mailto:[protected]@paypal.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 10:16 AM
    Subject: Receipt for Your Payment to [protected]@fasterthanthem.com

Dear *******,

This email confirms that you have paid [protected]@fasterthanthem.com $623.98 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *FASTER DIST".
    Payment Details
    -----------------------------------
    Purchased From: fasterthanthem

Item #: 270012316572
    Item Title: Borla Exhaust System 99-00 MSTANG-COBRA PWRSET 4.6L 148 Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270012316572
    Quantity: 1
    Price: $623.98 USD
    Subtotal: $623.98 USD
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Shipping & Handling via Standard Delivery to 322XX $0.00 USD(includes any seller handling fees)

Shipping Insurance (optional):--

Total:$623.98 USD

I immediately received an email from FasterThanThem thanking me for my prompt payment:

From: eBay Member: fasterthanthem [mailto:[protected]@ebay.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 10:20 AM
    To: *******
    Subject: Thank you for your payment! eBay item #270012316572 Borla Exhaust System 99-00 MSTANG-COBRA PWRSET 4.6L 148

www.FasterThanThem.com

Your payment has been received for the following item:
    Item title: Borla Exhaust System 99-00 MSTANG-COBRA PWRSET 4.6L 148
    Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270012316572
    Item number: 270012316572
    Buyer User ID: *********
    Your total: $623.98

Your Borla Exhaust System 99-00 MSTANG-COBRA PWRSET 4.6L 148 will be shipped whithin the time specified in the auction.

*****Don't forget to check out www.FasterThanThem.com we have free shipping
    on everything every day..*****

www.FasterThanThem.com

On 9 Aug 2017, I received this email:

From: [protected]@paypal.com [mailto:[protected]@paypal.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 3:29 PM
    To: *******
    Subject: Your payment has been refunded

Dear *******,

Faster Than Them Corp. ([protected]@fasterthanthem.com) has issued you a full or partial refund for your payment.

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

Message From Seller:

Original Payment Details

Date Payment Sent: Aug. 2, 2017

Amount: $623.98 USD

Sincerely,
    PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

On this same day, I also receive this email from FasterThanThem:

From: [protected]@fasterthanthem.com [mailto:[protected]@fasterthanthem.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 9:13 AM
    To: ***********
    Subject: Re: Message from eBay Member Regarding Item #270012316572

Hello, thank you for your interest in Faster Than Them Corporpation.

Would you like your item to be shipped today for less?

We have over 3, 000, 000 parts on our website. Orders made directly on our website ship the same day with tracking.

Don't forget to tell your friends about www.FasterThanThem.com

480-626-4292

***This is an automated reply. An associate will reply to your specific message as soon as possible.***

Needless to say, I was not happy that my order had been unilaterally cancelled. So, I fired them off an email through eBay:

Item: *Borla Exhaust System 99-00 MSTANG-COBRA PWRSET 4.6L 148*
    (270012316572

This message was sent after the listing *closed*.
    ******** is the *winner*.

I bought this item from you on a Buy It Now basis. This is a binding contract and I expect to receive the item I purchased for the price I purchased it for. Simply refunding my money is NOT a solution and is NOT acceptable to me. If this is your final position on this item, I will have no other alternative than to list negative feedback and pursue ADR through eBay and/or outside elements.

Awaiting your response.

Here's their response:

From: FasterThanThem.com [mailto:[protected]@Fasterthanthem.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 5:33 PM
    To: **********
    Subject: Re: Message from eBay Member Regarding Item #270012316572

Hello, as stated in the auction:

"Listing errors of price, qty, backorder, etc. We reserve the right to cancel the order and issue a refund for any error of this nature. A cancellation is not a fair reason to leave negative feedback. "

We do apologize for the inconvenience

Thank you, your business is valued and appreciated

Harold

Tell Your Friends About FasterThanThem.com, we now stock over 3, 000, 000
    products.

You can find Lower Prices and Faster Shipping at www.FasterThanThem.com

Faster Than Them Corp.
    480-626-4292

Their next action really gave me heartburn. They sent me an email through eBay stating that they had submitted a "withdrawal action" to eBay to cover the fees they have incurred for this transaction. (It should be noted that this email was sent AFTER they had fully refunded my money through PayPal):

From: eBay Member: fasterthanthem [mailto:[protected]@ebay.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 3:28 PM
    To: *********
    Subject: Order Cancelled / Full Refund Processing - PLEASE READ BEFORE EMAILING OR CALLING. eBay item #270012316572 Borla Exhaust System 99-00 MSTANG-COBRA PWRSET 4.6L 148

Dear **********,

The remainder of your refund will be issued immediately after you agree to the withdrawal we have submitted with ebay. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Hello, unfortunately we have cancelled your order.

This item is on backorder for an extended period of time. As stated in the auction we do ask that you inquire about availability before purchasing. At the time of listing; products are available, however items do sell out due to our website sales. We realize this is an inconvenience and hope you
    understand that we do apologize for it.

*PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT*
    Please ignore all "payment reminder" or ?item shipped? emails you may receive from eBay. These are automatically sent by Ebay and not us.

*PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT*
    We have refunded your payment in full aside from the fees we have incurred. We will initiate the "mutual agreement to withdraw" from this transaction with eBay (eBay requires a 7day period from the date of purchase before this can be done).

When you are asked for consent to withdraw from the transaction please respond that you do. This allows us to recover the fees we have incurred. We will then issue the remainder of your refund.

Please remember you did agree to these terms as stated in the auction by purchasing our item.

Thank you again for your patronage and understanding.

Next, I received an email from eBay indicating nonpayment for the item:

Dear *******,

fasterthanthem has informed us that they have not yet received your payment for the following item: Borla Exhaust System 99-00 MSTANG-COBRA PWRSET 4.6L 148 (#270012316572)

No action is being taken against your account at this time. However, it is important to remember that when you bid on or buy an item you are agreeing to a contract between you and the seller. If the situation isn't resolved within 7 days of this reminder email, you may receive an Unpaid Item strike under eBay's Unpaid Item Policy or lose feedback privileges for this transaction

Most Unpaid Item disputes can be resolved through direct communication between the buyer and seller, and we encourage you to work with your trading partner to reach a resolution.

eBay

This email was followed by a second email from eBay:

Dear ********,

You have received an Unpaid Item strike.

You were the winning buyer on eBay item Borla Exhaust System 99-00 MSTANG-COBRA PWRSET 4.6L 148 (#270012316572). The seller, fasterthanthem has informed eBay that payment for the item has still not been received, or that the two of you were not able to come to agreement. As a result, you have received an Unpaid Item strike.

If you would like additional information regarding the item in question, please review the dispute details page.

Important: Repeated Unpaid Item strikes may result in your suspension from eBay.

You can appeal this Unpaid Item strike if you believe it is not deserved. First, read the requirements for appealing the strike. If you meet them, you can submit your appeal on that page. If your appeal is successful the strike will be removed.

If you have recently paid for the item or have otherwise resolved this dispute, you can ask the seller to remove the Unpaid Item Strike.

eBay

The really funny thing about this is the fact that I did pay for the item immediately through PayPal and it was them that provided me with a FULL refund when they cancelled the order. Thus, there was no way for them to collect their "fees" for cancelling the transaction.

Anyway, I provided this response to eBay:

Customer concern: I won item no. 270012316572 (Borla Exhaust System) on 2 August 2017 and promptly paid for the item using PayPal. The email above documents this fact.

On 9 Aug 06, I received another email from PayPal indicating the seller (Faster Than Them Corp) had cancelled my order and had refunded my money. (A copy of this email including header is listed below.) Thus, at this point, my order had been cancelled and my money refunded from the seller. This should have been the end of the transaction.

On 10 Aug 06 I received an "alert" indicating I had not paid for this item. I responded to the alert and provided proof that I had, in fact, paid for the item on the date of purchase. Subsequently, the seller cancelled my item and refunded my money to PayPal.

Now, I have received this totally unjustified "strike" and am (once again) providing proof that the item was paid for promptly and it was the SELLER that cancelled the item and refunded my money. I take offense to the fact that the seller has sought to have my feedback tainted and firmly believe HE is the one practicing unscrupulous business practices. I am hereby requesting eBay to fully investigate this matter and pursue any actions warranted against Faster Than Them Corp.

If you have any questions or require additional information regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Fortunately (from my perspective), eBay is considered to be an honest broker. After reviewing the documentation provided, they removed the Unpaid Item Strike

Dear *********

Thank you for contacting eBay concerning the Unpaid Item Strike you received.

After reviewing all of the information provided about Borla Exhaust System 99-00 MSTANG-COBRA PWRSET 4.6L 148 (#270012316572) the Unpaid Item strike has been removed from your account.

This action only applies to this particular transaction. Other strikes could still negatively affect your account. Remember, repeated Unpaid Item Strikes may result in your suspension from eBay. We recommend you save any documentation regarding your transactions for future reference. You can read about the online appeals process at:

To help ensure success in future transactions we would like to provide you with a few tips for successful buying on eBay. To see tips, please visit:

We appreciate your understanding regarding this matter and wish you the best with your future eBay endeavors.

eBay

Needless to say, if anyone still chooses to do business with FAsterThanThem after reading all the comments on this site, be SURE to keep all documentation regarding the transaction.

By the way, every email I received from FasterThanThem included the verbiage, "Tell Your Friends About FasterThanThem.com" so I'm doing just that...

22nd of Apr, 2009

FasterThanThem.com is also related to DropShipAutoParts.com and I thought I had found a great dropship company for my very own parts store. NOT!! Even though it says "Ships Today" on the dropship auto parts site, don't believe it for a minute! They Always ship late, and they will KILL your business before you are able to get it off the ground! I don't know why this guy has such a hard time running a tight ship, but let me warn you, if you decide to go with this company, your company will suffer and you will regret it like I did.

A few months ago when I had my parts company going, I would usually receive an email the same day my order was placed saying the order was shipped. I would then tell my customers it had shipped, but after a few days of not getting a tracking number, I decided to e-mail them. After another day passed and no return e-mail, I decided to email again and still nothing. This went on for three days and then I decided to give them a call. He told me that he would look into it asap and get back to me, which he did with a tracking number, BUT the item hadn't even shipped yet! I wish I would have read these reviews before destroying my business.

• Sc
      25th of Jun, 2010

same with me they send me the wrong part so i wanted to return it i called like 50 times in3 days and finally this guy picked up the phone he told me he was gonna send me an e-mail with a code and return the item with it he was mean as [censor] and almost yield at me i never got that e-email they said the were going to send me this piece of [censor] faster than them is a [censor]in joke customer service sucks i would never buy from this site agin!