Fast Water Heater Company / Fraud and lies

1 12601 132 Ave NE, Kirkland, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-417-0022

This report is filed to confirm report# 328940 filed by Toni in San Diego. My experience was almost a carbon copy with the exception that Home Depot contracted with Fast Water Heater Company here in the San Francisco Bay Area (note that the main office for Fast Water Heater Company is located in Kirkland Washington). The Tactic was much the same, where the technician inspects the home and generates a long list of items that he claims are mandatory upgrades to meet California Plumbing codes. The technician places fear in the consumer that the home owner will be fined for not meeting the codes.

The list was extensive and ridiculous, the additional cost was $899.00. My wife and I could not believe this value was over and above the purchase price of the premium 12 yr water heater. We were under intense pressure to get the water heater installed because our heater was already 'dead in the water'. We believe Fast Water Heater was aware that they have the advantage in cases like this. Fortunately we did not sign the agreement to have all the work done.

Over the next 3 months I attempted to do the work myself and decided at one point to see if the city inspector would be satisfied with the items I thought were within reason, such as installing earthquake straps and a drain pipe from the drip pan. The inspector came out and told my wife that the work was satisfactory and that we had passed the inspection. She did not push the matter of the list, but we now had confirmation that Fast Water Heater had bolstered the list to their advantage. I sincerely hope that those who are in need of a water heater installation will Google for this report before signing up for the scam. Good luck.

Ti

Comments

• Ms
      17th of Aug, 2009

This is also true in Oregon and Washington operation of the Fast Water Heater Company. I ended up turning them in to the County Plumbing Inspector and once they confirmed multiple violations, they turned them into the State of Oregon Inspectors and so far the installer has been fined and the Fast Water Heater will be fined as well this fall. I hope more people file complaints on this type of predatory practices.

The problem is that the plumbing permits are issues in bulk and one out of ten gets inspected unless you ask to have your work inspected, chances are that they do not even get inspected and the company gets away with it. In rare instance that they get penalized, they just consider it the cost of doing business and move on to the next victim.

I am extremely disappointed at Sears and Home Depot for being in bed with companies like Fast Water Heater.

• Sp
      8th of Jun, 2011

All though this job was quite some time ago I dare to have this customer have both the installer and the inspector ( not his friend the inspector ) there together and a news crew. I was the tech that was sent to this home and I do not take his comments about me lightly. The fact is we pull permits for every job we do and only quote work either needed by the code or manufacture installation instructions. If a customer wants to decline they are welcome to and we can still do the job as long as there is no safety issues. By quoting the additional work and giving the customer the option they take the resposibility as the home owner. We are only trying to do the right thing. We have had jobs that failed and cost the customer much more the second time around for the same issues that this customer has. Customers like this just want something for nothing and when it goes wrong they have no problem blaming us for their down falls. Welcome to the new America and thoughs that want everything for nothing!!!
    As noted before if you are so sure of you comments take my challenge...