Fast Move Inc / Criminals

1 39899 Balentine Drive suite 200Newark, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 408-526-9901

They quoted me an extremely low price 1300 initially to move my belongings from San Francisco to Irving, Texas.. The movers came on the 30th of April and told my wife that they could not load the truck unless she signed papers and they were all blank. The next day after the moving company had left they filled in the paper work and repacked all of our boxes into new boxes which we did not ask for nor were we informed that they would be doing so and we were not told about the 1750 in extra charges. they left an estimate of 5200 dollars which was added to the paperwork that was blank the day before. Later that day at noon on May 1st they claimed to have actual weight and said the total was 4200. I called the company and complained about the repacking they said they always do that. I told them I needed to be informed on this. She said she didn't have to inform me and that it was perfectly legal to have the customer sign blank pages. I went back and forth with them. Last Friday I asked the manager Tom how much would I need to get my stuff back so I could just use a uhaul or budget truck. He said 1000 plus storage when I called the next day to get the exact figure I was told 2500.00 to get my stuff back. I have already moved with my 19 month old son and my wife to Irving Texas, but we have nothing and I can't even work as my computer was packed as well. These people are criminals and need to be stopped. They have put me in a horrible financial emergency and hardship. I was warned not to go to authorities or get a lawyer or else.

More Fast Move Inc Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fa
      29th of May, 2009

I work for Fast Move and would just like to make a few very important things clear regarding this move. It is a very unfortunate situatiton that has occured here along with a lot of bad communication. This job was arranged by another person entirely (not the person who is posting this complaint) and unfortunately they grossly underestimated the amount of items to be moved and the misconstrued the terms. In regards to Packing or "re-packing" as the customer states we do NOT always have to repack there are many customers who will have no packing on their orders at all in this case it was needed and so it was done. The customer was informed that packing was not included on the estimate and if needed would be charged on a per item basis. So the estimate went up for 2 reasons because they had approximately 2, 000 additonal pounds than they had listed in their inventory and they did have quite a bit of packing that was needed. As for claiming that we say we always re-pack, the $1000 plus storage fees for pick up, and especially the do not go to the authorities or a lawyer or else no one from Fast Move made those comments. In addition NO payment whatsoever (not even a cent) has been made toward the balance of this move which is the main reason for the hold up of the shipment.

• Ri
      13th of Aug, 2009

Please see yelp website on this company I am not the only one complaing. This company has 10 complaints this year to the Federal bureau of transport and safety regulations. It takes a lot to get people this upset. If you have been ripped of by these guys please e-mail me at onelunar1@gmail.com and join in the class action suit against them