Farouk Chi flat iron / Chi flat iron

1 215 Gay stVan Wert, OH, United States Review updated:

My husband bought me a CHI flat iron for christmass this past year. It lasted 6 months, and when i took it back to the store he bought it from, they said I had to send it in to manufacturer and they would repair or replace it. So I paid $10.45 to send it in three weeks ago. Just got it back today with a letter saying that they were not able to fix it or replace it because I did not send in $15.00 and the original receipt. This is ridiculous! I called customer service and they said I would have to pay to send it back, then be without it for another three weeks, and there is no guarantee that it will come back fixed or replaced. I could have went out to Wal-Mart and bought one for $20 that would have lasted longer than this one that my husband paid over $100 for. More expensive does not always mean better quality. Also, their customer service sucks! They should have taken care of it the first time I sent it in, in the original box even!

Comments

11th of Oct, 2010

The same thing happened to me as well. I have filed a complaint with the Better business bureau and urge you to do the same.

Go to http://www.bbb.org/ and then search by inputting the manufacturer's website in http://www.farouk.com/ and the following will come up:

Business Name / Address Type of Business BBB Accreditation
    Farouk Systems Group
    250 Pennbright Drive
    Houston, TX 77090
    View Report | File Complaint

click on "File Complaint"

• Ho
      19th of Nov, 2010

Any idea the nature of malfunction?
    Was this UL-listed or ETL-listed?

• Dy
      7th of Dec, 2010

I am a top hair designer in my area. i have ALWAYS used Chi tools. all of them. when a new iron comes out, i am the first one to buy it.
    I am so unhappy with my Chi Royal Treatment Iron.
    total waste of money. yes, its pretty. but the controls are in the wrong place, and it constantly turns itself off. i cannot change the 'mode' even tho i follow the directions.
    total waste of money.
    the royal treatment product line is awesome.
    but i would love my money back on the iron.

• Pr
      17th of Feb, 2011

Thats why it pays to buy it from salons, they can back you up and get a new replacement free in one week.
    I love the Chi Iron, and I always got my ladys a new in no time.
    Sorry to hear you ladys did't have the same luck

• Je
      20th of Mar, 2011

I have been through 3 CHI's in 2 years. This was the last straw, I will never purchase another one! The first one I dropped and it broke, my fault, so I buy another one, it stopped heating up unless you held the clamps together, which didn't work. So I buy another one week ago today, and this morning it has stopped working, again the same problem, it stopped heating and will only heat when clamps are squeezed tightly together. The LED indicator light won't stay on and therefore it won't heat up. I don't have the receipt, foolish on my part not to keep it given the problems I had with the last CHI. I will NEVER buy another one! Thanks for over-priced products that don't work CHI!

18th of Mar, 2014

The same thing happened to me and I took the advice given by angrycustomer22 and filed a complaint with the better business bureau. We will see what happens.

• St
      6th of Nov, 2015

Lol they are called "pro" meaning professional tools which we as stylists offer to you as a courtesy and if in fact you read the warranty information it asks where you purchased it because... Wait for it... Common sense... Because the manufacturer only guarantees warranty replacement only... ONLY... When purchased at a salon or a licensed cosmetologist not ... Not !!! ... Your local Walmart or ulta... So ... It isn't the manufacturers fault you went to a third party to purchase their tools to get a discount because we all know who you are, take it back to where you bought it as I said before in the fine print it says only guaranteed when sold at a salon or by a licensed cosmetologist for your warranty because ulta and your local smart styles aka Walmart is the ones responsible not Farouk "chi" because you were too cheap to buy it from an actual salon 💋

• Ta