Farmers Furniture / Crappy Service, Late Delivery

1 2770 Us 1 SouthSaint Augustine, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (904)797-1582

Well altogether I have spent thousands of dollars at this furniture store. Everytime I have purchased furniture at this location I have been promised a certain delivery time and they can never meet it. I am not talking a reasonable delay I am talking, 5 weeks the first time, 2 1/2 weeks the second time, and of course the third time is not the charm it will be another 2 weeks past the delivery date promised. When I contact the store the management never comes to the phone and the poor salesman has to feel the wrath of the unsatisfied customers. Do yourself a favor do not shop here!!!

Ka

Comments

• St
      19th of Aug, 2008

Do not judge all Farmers Furniture by just 1 store,
    Could have been new manager etc.Furniture items now come for other countries takes longer to get to us now than when it was made in the Good old USA.WE try to please everyone but you can please you will never please everyone every time even when you try .

26th of Jan, 2009

I went and purchased a couch at the farmers furniture in valdosta, ga. They told me i could do a plan for 9 months with no interest at $66 a month. I asked the salesperson several times, "are you sure there is no interest." He said that there would be no interest. I got my contract and noticed that the finance charges were added in and i asked them why they were added in. They told me that as long as i made a payment on time every month that i would not have to pay interest. For 9 months i assumed i was getting my interest back in the end but when i went to pay it off they told me i wasn't getting interest free because i did it for 9 months. They only had 6 months interest free. I specifically asked to get interest free and they said i would but then they said that i did the 9 month plan but i would have to pay it off in 6 months to get interest free...that makes no sense whatsoever. If that was the case, then i would have done the 6 month plan and paid no interest. I feel like the salesperson at the store flat out lied to me and I don't appreciate it. I had to pay almost $60 in interest..will never buy from them again!!!

• St
      28th of Aug, 2009

I'm having the same problem. So far we have ordered the same chest three times and each time it was delivered damaged. At no time did they call ahead to schedule delivery. I had to initiate all communications.

I called today to see if the new chest had been delivered to the store. It was delivered yesterday but was damaged. One has to wonder not only why they did not call yesterday to report the status of my already-paid-for furniture but also why they stock such crap.

They are sending the truck on Saturday to pick up the rest of the bedroom pieces as I am sick of this waltz. They SAY they shall call ahead to tell us when the truck is coming. Yeh, right.

• To
      11th of Sep, 2009

I bought a living room suit at the Newnan store. On this particular Saturday they asked if it would be okay to deliver it on Monday. I asked if they could come a few days later because I work and needed to arrange for myself or someone to be there. They informed me that if I did not allow them to come on Monday, they couldn't come until after Labor Day. Which was about three weeks away at the time. So I made the arrangements for my mom to come over and let them in. They told me they would call ahead so I could tell her about what time... yanno so she wouldn't be waiting at my house all day. So Monday rolls around and she waits around her house for me to call... myself, in turn, waiting for them to call me. Lunchtime rolls around. Still no call stating, " Hey mam.. it'll be before 2... " Or.. "it definitely won't be until after 4"... Nope nothing. I call the store and they tell me... the delivery guys are in Columbus.. they will come be coming by my house before returning to the store at 6.(And yep.. twas a poor saleslady giving me this info) Around 5, I get a call.. one of the delivery guys called out and they ran way behind.. they couldn't possibly deliver my set until Wednesday. (Wow thought it would be weeks if i didn't take Monday!!) But okay fine.. what's a gal to do? I do let them know I'd appreciate a call letting me know morning or afternoon that day. (Do you hafta ask?? Of course I had to call them @ 10 to get that info) They tell me.. afternoon.. and a delivery person will call me when they head in my direction.. so my mom can run let them in, if I'm not off work yet. Ha! They did call! Only because they were on my road and LOST! Finally after waiting for my mom to arrive, the furniture is delivered. They bring the leather and suede long sofa through the front door... do they cover it?? NOO! They make a great big scrape all the way down the front panel of the leather. Oh and beat up one of the legs... They took the legs off the front... idk why not the back, too. So after destroying the sofa, they get the loveseat out and wrap that great big quilt thing around it. ( Maybe the sofa was their very first delivery??? You tell me) No damage to the loveseat. They fill out a nice lil paper, promising repair to my satisfaction or replacement... noting every ding my mom could find( she was a lil perturbed by their oddness at this point too) The repair ppl call me about 3 days later... they come out and "look" at it about 10 days after the delivery. And now three weeks in, I'm still explaining to all my company why my brand new furniture has this huge scratch/tear/ shred down the front.Has one person from the store actually contacted me and asked how it's going?? Apologized?? Oh come on! You know the answer to that!