Farm Bureau of NC / Bad faith

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I have a fully insured 1994 z 28 camaro insured with Farm Bureau of NC. The car only has 82, 000 miles on it. On 3-20-12, the paint on the car was chipped like crazy due to a hailstorm that lasted over 20 minutes dropping hail from the size of a dime to the size of a quarter. The car had already been hit and run in a parking lot that day. Anyhow, the hoops they are making me jump through is unbelievable. I turned in the claim the next day along with pictures of the vehicle. (Unknown to them at the time I had also taken video of my car caught in the storm.) Anyhow, to this day they are still investigating my background, taking statements from witnesses, and trying to grasp at every straw possible to debunk my claim, even though I have pictures of the vehicle before and after the storm, witnesses and video to boot. They have really sucked, and it looks like I'm gonna end up in front of a magistrate on this. I am a disabled vet, and the undue stress this is causing me is literally making me physically sick. I'm not asking them for anything extra, just what I paid for. : (

Comments

11th of May, 2012

Follow up...I had to file lawsuit. Received a 10 page response letter from their lawyers out of greensboro, stating Farm Bureau does not exist, therefore we are asking the courts to dismiss the claim...also trying to say since I filed bankruptcy 10 years ago, I am trying to fraud their company even though I'm waiting for them to file charges. Can't wait for judge to see my pics and video.

15th of May, 2012

Follow up 5-15 ...Beware of this company, they are operating under assumed business names, in other words they are not FARM BUREAU in a legal sense, the real company name is American Farm Bureau insurance services, inc. out of the state of Ill. Customer service is non existant if you file a claim. (of course they are happy and greet you with a smile when you become a customer and buy their bogus insurance). They will pull out all of the legal stops if you file a suit esp if you have incriminating evidence. They are NOT accredited by the BBB of NC. Go to the BBB's website and read complaints !