Farfetch.com / they took some large sums of money from my bank account and I haven't even ordered anything from them

This company is just a scam company please avoid. They took some large sums of money from my bank account and I haven't even ordered anything from them. You cannot contact them by phone and the only way to contact them is via e-mail. Eventually someone from Farfetch phoned me, but they were incredibly unhelpful. Didn't want to give any details of the company, when I insisted on them giving me a phone number to contact them they gave me some bogus number in Portugal and they said they were a London based firm! Scammers, avoid at all costs.

Do

Comments

• Fa
      21st of Nov, 2011

Dear sir,

As per our previous emails to you, please understand that it was not farfetch.com who illegally withdrew money from your bank account. Apparently, your credit card was cloned and the person who did it, has made a fraudulent purchase on farfetch. Please note that, because the card was cloned, the details were a perfect match and, for that reason, we had no way of knowing this was a fraudulent charge. The standard procedure in these cases is to place a complaint for theft with the authorities and a complaint with your Bank or Credit Card Company.
    Farfetch.com has two offices: one in London and another one in Los Angeles. Our Customer Services are indeed based in Portugal and the telephone number we provided is for the Customer Services. Our working hours are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm GMT London time.
    Please contact us if you require any further information or assistance and we will be more than happy to help you.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Da
      11th of Apr, 2018

Hello,
    My problem of fraud is related to FARFETCH too, but also with HMRCUK. Yes, that is exactly what I received.
    THIS IS NOT REAL HMRC!!!
    I received in last Thursday, at 10:34 PM message on my mobile phone number: “You have a pending payment of 265.84 GBP from HM Revenue & Customs. To proceed please fill your form on our link provided.
    govuk.2fa-id.top”

I entered on that website at 03:45 AM of next day, which was 06.04.2018, but at that time website was not working.
    After that, in Saturday, 07.04.2018 I received same message, but with different link:
    govuk.tax.2af-ukk.com”

Unfortunately, I entered that website and filled a form, that was provided.
    Today, they were trying to debit my card by payment of 610 GBP, which I did not make, but bank reacted calling me.
    Investigated that in my bank, and they informed me that I was a victim of a scam, but my money will be given me back in next working day.
    They were trying to cheat me for 610 GBP, luckily, unsuccessful.
    I will tell you, what I was told in bank:
    HMRC NEVER ASKS FOR YOUR BANKING DETAILS.

What is most ridiculous is that, that writing this now, Wednesday, 11.04.2018. 17:12 I received same message, this time with different link:
    gov.uk.ref6133.com”

The reason why I responded on that message was that, that I was thinking, that HMRC made on-line tax return too. It was looking like they are making my life more comfortable and they will give me money on my account from tax for previous year (so fast).
    Scammer was very clever, smart, cheeky. (S)He knew when to strike. And I am afraid, that I am not the only one, so I leave this message to warn everybody:
    DO NOT RESPOND THAT KIND OF E-MAILS/MESSAGES; REPORT IT.

Good luck, guys.
    Dariusz.

• Da
      29th of Nov, 2018

The same thing has happened to me - over £1000 worth of transactions have been taken from my account for Farfetch - seems very strange that someone would clone a card and then only buy stuff from Farfetch!

• To
      6th of Dec, 2018

Farfetch scam.
    Just now 3 payments were taken from my card and I haven’t ordered or heard of Farfetch up until now. I am from Bulgaria and the payments were taken fromFarfetch London and Farfetch Douglas, that’s the message that I got.
    Nearly 2000 Euros were withdrawn from my card, I have contacted my bank and I will place a complaint first thing in the morning, but I want to address your security - clearly you need better verification security or some additional authorization protocol like other websites, because there are people stealing money from numerous cards using your company.
    I am so upset and angry just before the holidays to be put in a position where all of the money from my card were taken is so aggravating.