Farfetch.com — clarification from the ceo
As CEO of farfetch.com I welcome any points of view and as a company we really listen to all complaints.
We are a young company and we are improving our processes, feedback is, therefore, very important to us.
I would like to comment on the posts above.
I don’t know where these customers are based, but judging from the posts, I believe these are orders shipped to the US (or to non-EU countries) from European boutiques.
It is true that if you live in the US buying in *any* European retailer does not offer the best shopping experience. First because there are import duties on the inbound, and second because in case there is an return, there are more duties applicable on the return.
At farfetch.com we were very clear in our checkout information that these duties did apply and wouldn’t be refunded in the case of a return to the EU from the US or other non-EU country.
farfetch.com has been working hard to improve our service, and make purchases from European retailers into the US much easier.
We have, in the beginning of April 2011 introduced a free returns collection service worldwide.
In particular, international customers will greatly benefit from this new service as it means any returns via our designated courier will be free of return transport charge and free of return duties. Please refer to our new returns policy for exact details.
I am confident that with this new service, the satisfaction levels when purchasing in Farfetch.com will improve significantly.
Following the introduction of our free returns and collection service, we took the initiative today (12th April 2011) of offering a 100 USD voucher to ALL US or non-EU customers who have ever bought and returned an item with us.
We know we have a long way to go, but we are determined to fulfil that mission and welcome any comments along the way!
More Farfetch.com Complaints & Reviews
- Farfetch.com - they do not honor what they've put up on their website and neither do their suppliers 
- Farfetch - counterfeit products - boutique verified
- Farfetch.com - they took some large sums of money from my bank account and I haven't even ordered anything from them 
- Farfetch - order cancellation and not refunding money
- Farfetch.com - they sell items from europe, don't respond for weeks, send to the us and for their returns they make you pay 200 customs and $55 shipping 
- Farfetch - I'm very disappointed with farfetch
- Farfetch - wrong size
- Farfetch.com - the shoes do not fit
- Farfetch.com - would never recommend them to a friend
- Farfetch - fraud