Fanworks Outlet, Inc / To all fraud victims of Fanworks

1 Lake Havasu City, AZ, United States Review updated:

To all fraud victims of Fanworks:

Same story with me- I never received the fan, canceled the order, and never received the credit. Called and emailed so many times, but no response.

After being scammed out of $425.00, I contacted the Arizona AG, BBB, Lake Havasu Chamber of Commerce, and event the Lake Havasu Police. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND OUT:

1. Fanworks is NOT a member of the Lake Havasu chamber of commerce. The CoC actually has a lawsuit against Fanworks for claiming membership and using the logo on their website.

2. The Arizona Attorney General CANNOT help with individual fraud cases.

3. I called the Lake Havasu police and after asking to speak to someone about frauds/ scams, they already knew I was calling about Fanworks! An officer went to the address of the business. Low and behold- an empty house!

4. According to the police officer I was in contact with, Fanworks went bankrupt and moved. Where, I don't know. Now its just a civil case.

Sorry if you got scammed too.

Vi

Comments

• We
      4th of Mar, 2009
    Fanworksoutlet.com - Charged credit card/never sent
    Fanworks, Inc.
    597 N. Lake Havasu Ave.
    Lake Havasu City
    Arizona
    Phone: 800-400-3026
    fanworksoutlet.com

I order a Hunter 52" Low Profile III ceiling fan from these people back on October 15th, 2008. They charged my credit card immediately. I was sent a confirmation e-mail which said that it would ship on October 30th, and they would send me a tracking number. The 30th passed and nothing. I sent them another e-mail and they told me that Hunter fans was slow on shipping the fans to their warehouse and they would get the fans in mid-November. Again nothing. I e-mail them again and was told early December. Nothing. The last time I got any response, they told me that Hunter would ship the fans to them in mid-January and they would ship it to me immediately. January passed. I tried to cancel the order via their website in February. I got no response. Now, the web site seems to be down. What these people did is criminal. They were taking orders, charging people for orders they never intended to fill.

21st of Apr, 2009

Thank you for posting this information. I too was scammed by this website.
    I have noticed that as of 4-22-09 their website is back up.
    To anyone thinking of purchasing from this company:
    DO NOT PURCHASE FROM FANWORKS.COM!
    They are an illegitimate company that will steal you money!

• Ka
      27th of Apr, 2009

Same story as everyone else. Just spoke with an attorney in AZ and they told me that basically my case would most likely go my way but to collect the money would probably harder to do. His other suggestion was to make sure to contact the Attorney General's office about this and that if enough people have the same complaint they may be able to work it from their angle. So please please contact the Arizona Attorney General's office and file a complaint. http://www.azag.gov/. I am posting this on all Fanworks related complaints to get enough people to contact the AGs office. They will not do anything with just a few individual complaints.

I noticed the website was back up too. But now on 4/27/09 it is no longer available.