Fanworks Inc. / credit card charged but no product

1 597 N. Lake Havasu AveLake Havasu City, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-400-3026

I ordered 2 fans and was told that they would be delivered in 2 weeks. After that day came and went I called and waited 30 minutes with no answer for 1 week. I finally got through on Saturday and was told my order would be shipped in the 3rd week of Jan 2009. I told her this was unexceptable and cancelled my order. She told me that I would receive a cancellation order on Monday by email, which I never received and the payment has never been returned to my credit card. These people need to be shut down. I believe they ar eworking out of an apartment in Lake Havsu.

Comments

31st of Dec, 2008

You are one of many who have been defrauded by Fanworks. They gave me a credit immediately when I filed a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General. You can do it on-line at http://www.azag.gov/AllComplaints.html. Just file the complaint, then call Fanworks back and tell them what you have done. Try to get their main flak catcher, Devin Mohlsen. She can do a credit immediately and e-mail you a verification number, which you can then check with your credit card company. I don't know if the Arizona AG can do anything because the company is clever enough to refund quickly when you complain, but sooner or later it might have an impact.

Good Luck

• Hf
      15th of Jan, 2009

My experience with them is nearly identical. We ordered five fans on November 13, 2008. Our credit card was charged that same day for $573. On the 14th, they informed us that three of the fans would not ship until January, 2009. We cancelled those three fans but accepted the two that were to ship immediately. I did get a credit confirmation email complete with a cancellation number. The email was from DevinMohlsen@fanworksoutlet.net. When I tried to respond to that address, I got an "undeliverable, no such email address" error. It has now been 60 days and no credit has been issued. I called the credit card company to dispute the charge and that is in the works. My next step is to call the AZ attoney general and the Better Business Bureau.

22nd of Jan, 2009

Been there. Done that. They are very good at delay tactics. Usually they tell you the manufacturer has had delays and item will be shipped to you in 2 week, then 10 weeks, than one month, than mid-January. When your anger begins to show, they complain about manufacturer delays and offer you a replacement from something they have in stock! Etc. etc. etc. I'm still waiting for my refund. Will try the AG office.

• Jw
      2nd of Feb, 2009

We had exactly the same outcome. We are building a new home and unfortunately ordered 7 ceiling fans from Fanworks in October 2008. The very few times we have been able to reach them, we have been told the computers were being replaced, the fans were on back order, and they would contact us immediately when they would be shipped. Now 4 months later, we have never recieved a call or email that they promised. The number always goes to an answering machine during business hours and obviously we were scammed. We ordered many products online for the new house and this is the only website that we found to be disreputable. We will also be reporting this company to the Arizona Attorney General. I wish I would have read this website before we purchased the fans.

• Ka
      27th of Apr, 2009

Same story as everyone else. Just spoke with an attorney in AZ and they told me that basically my case would most likely go my way but to collect the money would probably harder to do. His other suggestion was to make sure to contact the Attorney General's office about this and that if enough people have the same complaint they may be able to work it from their angle. So please please contact the Arizona Attorney General's office and file a complaint. http://www.azag.gov/. I am posting this on all Fanworks related complaints to get enough people to contact the AGs office.