Fanworks, Inc / doesn't ship orders

597 N. Lake Havasu Ave.Lake Havasu City, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 928-854-8686
I ordered 2 ceiling fans on June 11, 2008, my credit card was charged at that time. Tow weeks later I called to track my order and was told it was on backordered and would ship shortly. For the next 3 months I would call and was told it would ship the next week, or within a few days. Three and a half months later it still has not shipped and I am outside of the 60 day charge back period with my credit card company.
Ds

Comments

Il
  30th of Sep, 2008
I have experienced the same exact issue with them. I ordered 4 fans in July of 2008. They sent one fan without blades. I have been trying to get a credit from them now for 3 weeks. I was able to dispute this with my credit card. I would strongly urge you to file a complaint with the BBB. That is what I did. They may be able to get you some type of restitution or at minimum look into their fraudulent way of conducting business. You can't get anyone on the phone, no one responds to emails. They are a disgrace.
Bb
  1st of Oct, 2008
WOW...im not the only one...these i*iots did the same thing to me, 2 ceiling fans, charged my card right away and 3-4 months later, NOTHING. Every week they promised it was going to come the week later and after a couple weeks of waiting you dont want to cancel thinking it may come...3 months later you feel like a idiot. When you call there they give you attitude instead of trying to apologize. I think there is only 3 girls working there including the owner...but lets get real...shes not really a owner, she a person with good credit who applied with these ceiling fan companys...I did the same and i was approved to be a dealer, goes to show anyone can do what that id*ot did.
Ka
  14th of Oct, 2008
Definitely appears to be a total scam "business". I ordered an "in stock" fan in May. Received email saying it would ship on such and such a date 2 or 3 weeks later. My credit card was billed in full within 24 hours of the order being placed. When the ship date came and went, I called to check on it. The girl told me their website specified they had no obligation to ship the fan for some period of time but they would bill immediately. I asked her why they wouldn't ship it. She said they didn't have to, that they could just charge me for it then ship it when they wanted to ship it. Which said to me this was some kind of credit kiting scheme if there is such a thing. I told her to cancel the order. I received an email confirmation of the cancellation along with an offer for a 10% discount on a subsequent order. Within an hour or two I received a second email worded quite rudely saying the 10% discount offer was a mistake and there was no such offer but that I would have my credit card credited and it should appear on my statement within 30 days. Not very much time passed - 2 weeks perhaps - before I decided I needed to dispute the charge via AMEX since I didn't trust Fanworks, Inc to keep their word. In fact, they never did process the credit until forced to do so by AMEX. They had the use of that money for perhaps 3 months until it got resolved. I'd canceled the order within 3 weeks after placing it.

I don't know why I didn't check for reviews before ordering from them. All in all, I got off fairly easily considering they appear to be nothing more than shysters.
Jo
  17th of Oct, 2008
I had the same problem and have been dealing with trying to get a refund since June. I keep getting the same run around and attitude. I reported them to the BBB today. Total scam!
Ma
  24th of Oct, 2008
ME TOO! Here is my complaint to Discover Card. Bought fan online 8/21/08. Never got any confirmation of sale or delivery of fan; no communication about purchase AT ALL!. Cancelled about 9/1/08 by email because of no confirmation. Later received a phone message: cancellation had to be by phone. Cancelled by phone same day (about 9/12-15/08 and received cancellation # 960890. Then got email from Devin Molzhan devinm@fanworksoutlet.net on 10/16/08 that refund would be posted by yesterday 10/22/08. It was not. They have had my money for 63 days, and my cancellation for over a month. I AM FURIOUS! Can you get me my money back? Discover card emailed me within 24 hours that they will refund the money, and will take it up with seller. I agree: total scam. The same outfit runs several other businesses online. Avoid those too,
An
  28th of Oct, 2008
I am in the same situation! Ordered my fan 8/15/2008 with est ship date of 8/28. Got them by phone after an extremely long wait on hold and was told 9/15. Calls and emails not returned, I finally got through on the non-800 number and was allowed to hold forever, before being told 10/20.

Now I am trying to get them by phone or email and cannot. Found this thread of complaints...I too am furious. I shop online all the time and have never been treated like this. Guess I will have to call Amex and hope somehow the purchase can be reimbursed...
Ja
  6th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
So I did a search on Google trying to find Fanworks Ceiling Fan Outlet as a return customer and I am shocked at these responses. I had no trouble with this company and was treated with excellent customer service on my last order. All I can say is perhaps they are under new management or are just suffering the consequences like many businesses today in this tough economy. Nevertheless I will be ordering some more fans from them but I will post another comment with my experience...good or bad.
Ch
  11th of Nov, 2008
I canceled an order with Fanworks because they were backordered. (Had no trouble getting the same item from several other sources, including Amazon.) They promised to credit my Visa, but have not done so. Going on 3 months now. I have called them, e-mailed their owner, whose name is David Butler (dbutler@fanworksoutlet.net), contacted the Lake Havasu City Chamber of Commerce, and the Arizona Better Business Bureau. No response from Butler. The BBB says they will process a complaint on my behalf. I wish I had read this posting before I wasted my money.
Ch
  12th of Nov, 2008
Following up on my previous comments, I don't expect to get my money back, but I want to make things as painful as possible for David Butler and his mob. Found an online complaint form for the Arizona Attorney General, which you all might want to use, as I did. It is at

You can also contact the Arizona BBB at: info@arizonabbb.org. They have a complaint procedure. You can use e-mail and be sure to give them the business name of Fanworks, Inc. as well as their address. Also give them your name and mailing address.
Ro
  19th of Nov, 2008
I did not realize it this Company was that bad, I just found this site. I ordered my Fan back inSeptember and got the same run-around, its shipping next week, next week...Back order...Its shipping from over seas...Unbelievable this company still Exsist. I just ordered the Same fan today from Lighting universe and it will be here in 3-days. Buyer beware
Fi
  23rd of Dec, 2008
I read your comments about Fanworks; I am experiencing the same nonsense. I am going to contact the Arizona Attorney General with my complaint. Would you me to send you any appropriate information about filing a complaint also? This is the first time I have been burned by a merchant conducting sales via the internet and will do whatever it takes to make them stop their practice.

Please let me know.

Thank you and I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas (or other Holiday)!

- Jim Means
Dr
  23rd of Dec, 2008
Fanworks advertises "Buy Hunter ceiling fans 30-50% off! Lifetime manufacturer warranty ". I ordered 2 Hunter fans mid-July 2008. They charged my credit card promptly. After 2 months, I called them and was told that Hunter was not shipping product in a timely fashion but they were expecting my fans shortly and they would be shipped ASAP. Two more months elapsed, I called and was told the same thing. Finally, in mid- December 2008, I asked for a refund by e-mail. I was told to call and get a refund number. I did and I was told that my money would be promptly refunded. It was not. A follow up call on December 17, 2008 to Devin Molzhan (devinm@fanworksoutlet.net) "confirmed" that they had issued a credit. My bank said otherwise. THESE PEOPLE ARE LIARS AND THIEVES. Don't try to deal with them. Go straight to your credit card company with your complaint. We did and received a refund within 5 mins. Our credit card co. plans to pursue their reimbursement from Fanworks' bank. This was our worst internet purchasing experience ever!!!
  29th of Dec, 2008
I'm wishing I would have seen this before ordering my fan from fanworksoutlet back in September of 2008. I've waited over three months, called five times, left messages, emailed four times... and got no replies whatsoever. I was finally able to wait out the hold music in late November, and a lady told me that the fan had been backordered, but it was on it's way there and they would ship it out the week of Dec 1st. She assured me I'd have it before that week was out. It's Dec 29th and still no fan. And predictably, no responses to further messages I've left and and emails I've sent.

I took the advice of Charles and just now filed a complaint at http://www.azag.gov/consumer/complaintform.html. I'll be filing another with the BBB as soon as I finish typing this.

Sigh...
Su
  8th of Jan, 2009
Ordered a fan from this company, never received it. Was told repeatedly it was on a truck, and would be received at their company "next week" and would be shipped to me as soon as it arrived at their location. Of course, they charged my credit card as soon as I placed my order. I cancelled my order 2 months later, and received a notice that my credit would be put on my credit card in 10-12 business days. It is now 37 days after THAT, and still no credit. The story I'm getting NOW is that they are upgrading their computers, and cannot access their accounts to issue my credit. I was told they couldn't even take any orders. I called the next day and told the sales person I wanted to place an order. She said she would be glad to help me. I said I wanted to order two fans, but I understood their comuters were down, and were they back up? She said they certainly were! I said in that case, I wanted to talk to someone about my credit refund. I was transfered back to the credit department, where I was told that the computers were NOT back up, and I would get my credit issued on January 22. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. They are borderline illegal and should be shut down.
Fs
  15th of Jan, 2009
I am having the exact same issues as you describe. I am contacting my credit card company to report fraud
Fs
  15th of Jan, 2009
na
Su
  26th of Jan, 2009
Oh my gosh! I have the same complaints from this website. I ordered 2 fans in October 2008 and it is now the end of January 2009. After waiting 2 weeks I called to inquire about my order. They said they were on backorder but they never sent me an email stating they were on backorder, which is in their policy to do so. They said they would be available in December. So after waiting another month I called and they said they would be available the second week in January. After the third week of January I called and they said they will be arriving within the week and sent out the following week. I called the following week and they said they should be sent out Friday if not Friday then Monday. I called Monday morning and they said they had not arrived from the warehouse yet but was scheduled to be arrive that day. If they do not arrive today (Monday) we will send them out Tuesday. So I called later in the day to see if they had arrived and of course they had NOT! I finally cancelled my order. They said I should have my refund within 10 days. I will notify my Discover Card to help with the refund if it takes longer than that. The woman I have spoke with seemed to not care at all about the delay, my frustration or my canceling the order. Terrible customer service! Even if I did wait for my fans and received them, I would not trust them to honor their product if there was a problem after delivery. Two thumbs down to this website. My advise is to look elseware. There are so may other places that are more than happy to take your money and deliver your product without the grief. : ( I am happy to say I found my fans on another website for less, and they will be at my home in one week.
La
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Oh no! Why didn't I find this website before I ordered from Fanworks. I ordered a fan and called to see where it was - I've been calling and emailing for a week now and not a single response. I just need status on the order - I have to get my certificate of occupancy for my house and just need to know if I need to buy a cheapo fixture in the meantime. A simple reponse would have been invaluable!! I ordered my fan in the beginning of January so I guess if I ever get it, it'll be here around summer.

I really thought they weren't answering the phone because everyone was Super Bowl crazy there, but now I know there really is no excuse for them to treat people like this.
Up
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Same thing ordered my fan on 12/29/08 still have not received it. Tried calling the number on my sales order 800-400-3026 for it to just be an invalid number. I also called the local number they have posted on their site and always receive the after hours message. I then got curious about weather or not this was a scam and discovered this web site. Guess I will do a little more research next time before ordering something online. I have filed a complaint with my bank since I used my check card to purchase the fan and luckily they will return my money but something needs to be done to shut these people down.
Dl
  9th of Feb, 2009
Same issues. I lost $15 for fan blades I ordered last September which never came in. I requested my refund back in December and have not seen it yet. Now you cannnot even contact them by 800 number they have taken it off their website. Fraud, Fraud, Fraud. Nobody should buy anything from them. They should be shut down