Fanworks/colony ceiling fan / never getting my fan

Fanworks, Inc.
Lake Havasu City
On October 27th I ordered a 38" Monte Carlo Fan and hadn't received it but during that time I was told that it was to large for my ceiling so I reordered a smaller 28" Colony Fan. I still haven't received it and I have called several times. They did tell me there was a backorder and the item would be shipped on Monday Jan.26th. I never received confirmation of this. I was charged for the first fan 269.00 in October. There was a credit for the second fan that I was told would be applied to my charge that never was but I paid for the 269.00 fan way back when.

I spoke to Linda Kemp from fan works several times and a Mr. Devin Molzahin I didn't speak with him but he was to issue the credit to my account in 10 to 12 business days. Haven't received anything to date.

This is unacceptable, not only to me but for otheres as well.

I would appreciate a reply to this complaint as to whether or not they, Fanworks received it.

Mary Jane Koczot

A  9th of Mar, 2009 by
Your story is my story, including speaking with the very curt Lynda Kemp. Sounds like there is some scam going on here. I too ordered my fan back on 11/10/2009. I kept calling to find out when my fan would come and I was told it was coming from China but it would be in dock within 2 weeks. This occured several times. Thats one slow boat from China. Finally, I called back in February, cancelled the order and asked for my refund. I was told it would be on my card within 10-12 days. Needless to say no refund appeared on my card. I am on hold with my credit company as I write this...

I will wish us both luck on retrieving our money. It is so very sad at the greed that is escalating in this country with absolute no conscience who is hurt by the greed! Do unto others what you would have done unto you.
A  27th of Apr, 2009 by
Same story as everyone else. Just spoke with an attorney in AZ and they told me that basically my case would most likely go my way but to collect the money would probably harder to do. His other suggestion was to make sure to contact the Attorney General's office about this and that if enough people have the same complaint they may be able to work it from their angle. So please please contact the Arizona Attorney General's office and file a complaint. http://www.azag.gov/. I am posting this on all Fanworks related complaints to get enough people to contact the AGs office.