Fantastic Samsawful haircuts

I visited the Ashburn, VA location of this salon 5/22 just to get a trim. I had already made an appointment for a stylist, and I admit that I was about 10 minutes late, so I wasn't upset about waiting 10 more minutes myself for the stylist that had already been assigned to me to finish up with her client. She finally called me back and sat me in a chair. I explained that I was trying to grow out my hair and had gotten a bad layering job from another salon, so I only wanted 1/2 inch taken off of my back ends to start evening out my length with my shorter sides. She started cutting my hair, and I noticed that she was lopping off an inch instead of a half inch, and she started chopping 1/2 inch from the sides that I had not told her to cut. I asked what she was doing, and she claimed that she was evening everything out, and needed to cut off more than what I told her to make my hair even. Like a fool, I trusted that she would make my hair look good, so I went home and dried and straightened my hair. To my horror, my shoulder length hair was now barely below my chin, and my left sides were 1/2 inch shorter than my right sides!

The salon was already closed by then, so the next day, I called and requested that they fix my hair, and expressed anger about them cutting to much off. I told them that I needed a highlighting job, and said that if they could give me a discount on highlights for the crappy job they had done for my cut, I would get that done. The secretary told me to come by at 2pm that day to arrange that with the highlight stylist, Jenna. I came by a little bit after 2, and showed the receptionist my shorter left side. She remarked that both sides looked to be the same length, but said that the manager would fix them anyways. The stylist that ended up cutting my hair claimed that the sides were not uneven, that one seemed shorter because of the way that I had my part. She took a little bit off of my right sides, but still left them longer than the left side, even though she claimed that it was because of my part. When they were done, I waited a few minutes to speak with the highlighting stylist. She came out and told me that they would not offer me any discounts, as they had "fixed" my hair without charging me, so I should basically be grateful for that. She then told me that I would have to come back next week to get highlights done. I walked out the door of that place forever. I don't give my money to places that do as little as possible to please customers, that cut off more than I ask for, and that don't even notice one side being 1/2 inch longer than the other side (which shouldn't have been cut to begin with, but the stylist didn't care about what I wanted-she cut it the way that she liked it). And even worse, they make me come in to the salon to talk with the stylist when they knew that it would be too late to make an appointment with her...and refused to give any type of discount that they had been hinting about agreeing on when I had spoken with them on the phone at 11:00 that morning. I will not come back there again until they figure out hot to cut hair, please their customers, and give their customers what they ask for.

Ma