FAN WORKS / PAID NO SHIP AND NO REFUND

1 597 N. LAKE HAVASU AVELake Havasu City, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 400 3026

I ordered a fan for $570.37 on 8/13/2008 never received it but they charged my account immediately. On September 13, 2008 a month later with no fan and many excuses and lies that it would be coming, I canceled the order and got a cancellation number of 960572. It is now October 13, 2008, and no refund.

This is a real scam operation.

rick hertzon

Comments

5th of Oct, 2008

I am actually suprised to hear this. I ordered from Fanworks, Inc. twice and had pleasant experiences on both occasions. I will admit that one of my fans was on backorder for an additional 10 days from what was originally told to me but I also recognized that this was an ESTIMATED ship date and they gave me an additional 10% off the price of the fan for my trouble. Anyway, I just noticed this comment and find it unfortunate that customers take the time to list complaints online but don't take the time to praise a company. So I just wanted to add my experience as an additional comment.

• Il
      14th of Oct, 2008

Do you not get what we are saying? Forget ESTIMATED ship dates. My ESTIMATED ship date was August 1st. It still hadn't shipped by the middle of September. I am still waiting for the credit and so are these other folks.

I have also come to find out that they don't pay their vendors. They charge customers, don't ship merchandise and don't pay their vendors. Can you imagine if everyone conducted business this way? We all work very hard for our money and to have a company charge your credit card, not ship and not return calls or emails is a total slap in someone's face...not to mention criminal.

By the way, do you have any relationship to Keri Butler. I'll bet you do.

• Ra
      9th of Dec, 2008

I ordered a very expensive ceiling fan from Fanworks and was given a delivery date of 16 days. After it didn't arrive in the promised time I called and was given a new delivery date which came and went. This scenario repeated itself several times; I called again and again after subsequent deliveries were missed, on hold every time for 10 - 20 minutes.

As others said, they charge your card the instant you place the order. After 7 weeks of no fan delivery, I cancelled the order. Now 30 days later they still have not credited my account, nor have they returned calls to their accounting department. I have to contest this charge with my credit card company.

After giving up, I ordered the fan I wanted from another online retailer. I told them about my experience with Fanworks and the sales guy I was speaking to on the phone said, “let me guess, Fanworks right”? He said he hears the same complaint about them frequently from his customers.

Stay away from this company, there are too many others that provide fast, honest service.

• Ih
      22nd of Jan, 2009

ours started in july, we ordred 3 got 1 2 months later cancelled the rest after another 2 months, still waiting on refund currently working withBBB and states attorney generals 1 in arizona and 1 in home state

THIS COMPANY IS THE WORST

• Ge
      27th of Jan, 2009

I certainly can't agree with Janice Holmes. I have had the same experience with the vast majority of these posts. Ordered a fan in July and after months of excuses, delays and postponements, I finally gave up. Cancelled my order recently and am having the same delay, postpone etc., from them about returning my money as shipping my order. Their return policy is a sham. You can't even talk with their accounting department now. It's a recorded message blaming everything on many returns and cancelations due to the economy. They claim they will only respond to e-mails in order that they receive them. They must have hundreds because I sent my e-mail 5 days ago and still no word. Their sales dept. says that accounting works in the evening. Yah, like I believe that. Of course, the same recorded message was played. Contacted Keri Butler, and lo and behold she replied that she will see I get my credit. Thank goodness I didn't hold my breath. I also contacted the AZAG, BBB and the Federal Trade Commission. Seems like there isn't a lot of interest, because these posts demonstrate that many, many individuals have also filed complaints, yet nothing much has been done. In fact, they are still selling fans to the unsuspecting. Good luck to them and all of you. PS Has anyone actually gotten a refund from this company?

• Br
      29th of Jan, 2009

They are AWFUL!!! When I first placed my order, they said it would be in the next week...2 months later-many excuses later...nothing! I decided to cancel my order and have called numerous times and emailed getting all the same info as others have stated...we are going on 5 months now, and waiting on a credit to our account. They literally said on their message (when you call accounting) if it was taking to long, to file a dispute with my credit card company...I never received any merchandise whatsoever-how can this even be possible?? Never, never again!!

4th of Feb, 2009

Two weeks ago fan works accounting department could not be reached. Their recorded message claimed they were trying to catch up on their credits and refunds and would only answer e-mail inquiries. Twice e-mails were sent to them, and twice no response was forthcoming. Calls to the sales department/ customer service, (the only living person that would answer phone calls) were met with rudness, but no resolution. They will only refer you to the non-human recording in accounts. This week...no one answers the phone! A recorded message says they are closed this week for inventory. Sure they are! More likely, they need to pack and scram before the AGAZ and local authorities snag them for fraud and theft.

• Ze
      20th of Feb, 2009

I could go on and on but my story is the same. Ordered 2 fans 10-14-08 and cancelled a couple months later after several "it should be here next week" stories. Now it's 2-20-09 and they still have my $600 that I don't expect I'll ever see again. Since then I've ordered 3 fans from Bellacor, the same fans I ordered from fanworks took less than a week to get here. From now on I will always check online companies on boards just like this.

• Fa
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I guess I need to join the club. Ordered my fan on 11-21-09. After a really nice email at Christmas telling me it was back ordered...nothing. I am filling out the paperwork with my bank to get my money back. I wish us all a lot of luck. And Zeek is right, I should have checked these thieves out first :(

Fanless in Hot Springs

• Un
      24th of Feb, 2009

ME TOO! Orderd two fans with 2 extra sets of blades on 11/15/2008. $525 worth. I was told it would ship by 11/30/08, then on 12/22/08 we made contact and was told it would ship by mid-January. On 1/29/09 we were told we should have them by 2/5/09. On 2/23/09 and 2/24/09 we could no longer get a response of any kind. Contacted AZ BBB and made a complaint with them as well. They already have an "F" rating. In my resolution request, I asked that the owner of the business, Keri Butler, be arrested for mail fraud. Hundreds of people have been taken for a ride and they should have more options than to just complain. Mail fraud and theft are still crimes, aren't they?

Un-Luckydawg in GA

11th of Mar, 2009

This company is the worst... STAY AWAY. My experience was the same as most. Instantly charge your card upon order, missed promised deliveries, lies, long phone wait. After an email to K Butler I did get them to credit my account... 33 days after I asked for it. (_!_)

• Js
      25th of Mar, 2009

I post the same story several days ago. So what can we do??? I tried to report to the BBB, but was unable to complete complaint due to a family issue. Their web site is down, phone disconnected...How can we get our money back. I have all my paper work... what about the states attorney generals. How can this Keri Butler get away with this? I lost $408.00, that a lot of money to me. Suggestions...small clams court???? How can anyone ever fine this person?

• Ka
      27th of Apr, 2009

Same thing happened to us. Order the fans, never showed, cancelled the order, never refunded. Too late to get a refund from our credit card company. I was still under the impression they were refunding my money. We ordered 5 fans for a grand total of 1382.80. Filed with the BBB and they said they could not do anything b/c it looks like the company is out of business. I just filled out a for with the attorney generals office. I am going to look into small claims court. I will post any updates if I make some progress.