Family Readers Club Inc. / Family Readers Club Stealing money

United States, Hawaii Review updated:
Family Readers Club Inc.
This company Family Readers Club took money out of me and my husbands bank account. We've never signed up with this company and we've never heard of it until we read our bank statement. They withdrawl $49.95 from our account. We were trying to figure out what this company was so, we Googled it. We were suprised to see how this company has been stealing money from everyone and we are very upset with the facts that we are victims too. I can't believe what kind of scams this company has been running. I hope these people will get caught and put away for good.

A  30th of Jun, 2011 by
My sister "subscribed" to a magazine via a school fundraiser. Since then, we've gotten a lot of unsubscribed to magazines in the mail and unending and unwanted phone calls from these so-called "readers services" (and there are other companies set up the same way as Family Readers Club like United Readers, and Family Readers Circle etc). They usually ask for my sister during working hours (she is not home) and have even threatened to turn us over to "third party collection agencies" and have lawyers come after us. When they have gotten hold of my sister, they try to sell her more "services" and ask for her credit card information. This has been going on for at least 3 years now, and the magazines still come. We've generally just ignored them and no legal action or anything has resulted from them (though they have sent mail with threatening statements from apparent collection "companies"...most of whom when looked up are apparently "front" companies who go out of business quickly or have extremely poor BBB ratings (if any). In fact their "staff" is usually one or two people, and apparently they use third party telemarketers to extort people into paying for services and subscriptions that they never signed up for. I don't know why the government lets these people get away with what they are doing. It is extremely upsetting to say the least.