Family Equine Sales of Central New York / Worthless horse registration papers cannot transfer ownership

1 90 Old Peruville RoadGroton, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: (607) 898-3808

WORTHLESS HORSE REGISTRATION PAPERS / CANNOT TRANSFER OWNERSHIP

I have been looking for a new horse in the East Coast states and found Family Equine Services of Central NY on an internet chat/blog which said they sold Registered horses at a decent price. I got on their website to see what they had and took a look at the pictures and writeups of the Registered horses that they have for sale. 2 horses were Registered with the American Quarterhorse Association and the 3rd was Registered with the American Paint Horse Association. The 4th horse was a Grade.

All 4 of the horses I looked at was said to have been with the SAME Family for 5 years since 2002 (figuring its 2007 now). In addition to each horses biography, they included a PICTURE of 2 of the horses REGISTRATION PAPERS at the bottom of the page (I contacted the AQHA on the 3rd). When I looked at the picture of the horses Registration Papers placed under their writeup I became suspicious since there weren't any ownership transfers on the papers since the 1990's. I emailed this business and brought my concerns to their attention 2 or 3 times. They NEVER emailed me back. I even copied and pasted the Ownership Records that the AQHA provided me of a horse named Apple Crate Sonny. I asked them why hadn't this horses registration papers not been updated since 1999? Again, NO response.

Their failure to email me and answer my concerns prompted me to contact both the AQHA and the APHA and they confirmed that each horse is STILL registered under the same owner since 1993, 1996, and 1999.

Both organizations said "A TRANSFER FROM THE REGISTERED OWNER ON FILE IS NEEDED TO ANY AND ALL OWNERS IN ORDER TO UPDATE THE TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP HISTORY OF THE HORSE. These are the 3 horses I contacted the AQHA and the APHA about:

1. Apple Crate Sonny AQHA Registration Number 3831987. CHESTNUT Born 05/03/1999 NY BREEDER and CURRENT OWNER ON FILE SAME since Birth in 1999. This horse has changed hands over the past 8-9 YEARS YET is still Legally Registered with the Current Owner on File with the AQHA since 1999.

2. Tibbers Magnum Opus AQHA Registration Number 2944780 Born 07/01/1990 NY age 17. Transferred to 2nd and CURRENT OWNER ON FILE 07/13/1993. This horse has changed hands over the past 14-15 YEARS YET is still Legally Registered with the Current Owner on File with the AQHA since 1993.

3. MK BARS APHA Registration Number 358,053 PAINT born Peotone, Illinois on 4/26/1996 age 11 3/4 years. Transferred to 2nd and CURRENT OWNER ON FILE WITH THE APHA on 8/3/1996. This horse has changed hands over the past 11-12 YEARS YET is still Legally Registered with the Current Owner on File with the APHA since 1996.

These horses are being advertised by Family Equine Services of Central NY as Registered with the AQHA & APHA which they are. BUT what they fail to mention is that they are STILL LEGALLY REGISTERED WITH THEIR FORMER OWNERS ON FILE WITH THE AQHA AND THE APHA since 1993, 1996, and 1999.

WHY would 3 REGISTERED horses NOT have had their
1. Registration Papers &
2. Transfers of Ownership Updated with the AQHA or APHA since 1993, 1996, or 1999? Once sold, These 3 horses do not legally belong to the new owner unless the CURRENT OWNER ON FILE TRANSFERS THE OWNERSHIP of the horse over to the new owner with proper Transfer Paperwork. Their Registration Papers are WORTHLESS if the TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP HAS NOT BE DONE. Sure, the horses can be sold by this business or anyone for that matter but be aware that the CURRENT OWNER ON FILE STILL TECHNICALLY OWNS THE HORSE. They can come back at any time and take their horse back.

By posting pictures of these 3 horses OLD Registration Papers on their website without FULL DISCLOSURE, this business has placed false information to entice people to buy the horses. FULL DISCLOSURE STATES that these horses are still legally owned by the owner on file with the AQHA & the APHA.

I took a picture of these 3 horses Bios and Registration Papers that Family Equine Services of Central NY posted on their Website.

If you are new to buying a Registered horse, be sure to contact the appropriate horse Registration agency and compare the Current Owner on File with the Current Owner listed on the horse's Registration Papers. The names must be the SAME.

Make sure the current owner who is selling you the horse fills out A Transfer of Ownership form with their name and YOUR name. Check to make sure the former owner signs and dates the form. Next, the former owner gives you the actual Registration Papers of the horse. The Registration Papers will have the horses Registration Number on it along with the horses parents names, grandparents, etc. On the back of the Papers will show the horses distinct markings- CHECK EVERYTHING. Sign and date The Transfer of Ownership Papers and mail that form along with the Registration Papers to the Appropriate Registration Agency (ie: AQHA). You will be mailing TWO forms. The agency will mail the Registration Papers back to you once they update the new ownership. Put them in a SAFE place. If you sell the horse, You MUST fill out a Transfer of Ownership Form with your name, the new owners name, horses name, sign and date. This releases your Legal ownership of the horse over to the New Owner. Next give the owner the horses Registration Papers. Make out 2 Forms, have them sign both, so you have a copy of it. That completes the transfer on your end. The new owner then signs and dates the form, sends it in to the Appropriate Registration Agency which legally registers the horse in the new owners name. If they fail to send in the Transfer of Ownership Papers and Registration Papers, you still legally own the horse. You may want to check with the appropriate registration agency to see if the new owner Registered the horse. If they didn't, contact them. They may have simply lost the Transfer Papers which you can easily mail since you have a copy.

Comments

• Mk
      18th of Dec, 2007

IF ANYONE HAS COMPLAINTS AGAINST THIS COMPANY, PLEASE PROVIDE A DETAILED LIST AS TO THE NATURE OF YOUR COMPLAINT, ALONG WITH YOUR FULL NAME, PHONE NUMBER, AND BEST TIME TO REACH YOU.

I WILL NOT ANSWER ANY EMAILS UNLESS SPECIFIC INFORMATION IS PROVIDED.

22nd of Dec, 2007

BUYERS BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE! DON'T EVER BUY A HORSE FROM THIS BUSINESS SIGHT UNSEEN! EVER!

I disputed my credit card with Family Equine based on False and Misleading Advertising on a horse I purchased from them. They won because they presented VIDEOs to their Credit Card Company of the "HORSE" I bought from them. I would absolutely LOVE to see the videos, showing my horse McGoo being ridden by children, doing lessons, being ridden by handicapped folks, ridden in TEAM PENNING events (he must have done great with that neglected front hoof that was so long it curled upwards and was torn in 4 vertical pieces!) McGoo must have been a show stopper competing in TEAM PENNING with all those fresh scratches all over his young 4 year old body, fresh cuts, abrasions, swollen and scarred knees, and that fresh 4 inch gash between his ears! What did they do? Ride him with the auction sales tag on his rear end? Because that was ripped off right down to his flesh and still raw when they delivered him to me. I couldn't let him outside for a week because of those wounds! Also would LOVE to see videos of him doing trail rides with persons who never rode before, roped off by BOB and Lorraine, and pony'ing green horses at their farm. FUNNY how they NEVER provided ME with ANY videos of McGoo when I told them I was filing a dispute based on this horse's lack of training and the severely NEGLECTED condition he was in when the Aicheles delivered him to me. I can get copies of those VIDEOS and I am betting they aren't even McGOO! Unless he was on Promazine! Because you have LIED yet again, I may POST everything - to include dated PICTURES of McGoo on the day YOU delivered him to ME on July 3, 2007 and unless I see those videos for myself- BET on it. My dispute was NEVER about the $2600 I paid for McGoo. My dispute was based on two people who lied and lied and lied to me from Day 1 Based on NYS False and Misleading Advertising Penal Law Article 190.0

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!
    Not only did they advertise on 5 different Equine Websites stating BOB drove to South Dakota and HAND-PICKED my horse DIRECTLY right OFF a WELL-KNOWN ranch- they also EMAILED and told me IN PERSON thats where they bought him.
    NO... They bought McGoo at the Corsica, South Dakota HORSE AUCTION

BIG DIFFERENCE WOULDN'T YOU THINK?

I don't know how these people sleep at night.

22nd of Dec, 2007

HERE IS MY ORIGINAL EMAIL LETTER I WROTE TO FAMILY EQUINE INQUIRING ON MCGOO WHEN I READ AN ADVERTISEMENT ABOUT HIM ON EQUINE.COM. I WROTE THEM VIA EQUINE.COM

LORRAINE'S RESPONSE VIA EMAIL IS BELOW IT. I ALSO COPIED AN INTERNET AD FOR MCGOO DATED 6/26/2007. IF YOU WANT TO FIND IT- COPY THIS INTO YOUR WEB BROWSER:

I CALLED HIS FIRST OWNER AND TRAINER IN SOUTH DAKOTA - T MOODY, HE BROKE MCGOO FOR HIS LITTLE BOY WHO RODE HIM IN AN INDOOR AND OUTDOOR RIDING RING! NO CATTLE ON THAT RANCH! ONLY HORSES! MY HORSE DID NOT COME OUT OF THE FEED LOTS OF A CATTLE RANCH AND NEVER SAW A COW IN HIS LIFE. HE WAS NEVER ROPED OFF OF, DID TEAM PENNING OR LESSONS, WASN'T HACKED DOWN A ROAD, MATTER OF FACT- NEVER TRAIL RODE EITHER. THIS HORSE WAS FORCED TO DO THINGS AGAINST HIS WILL. HE WAS SO SHELL-SHOCKED I HAD TO SEND HIM OUT FOR PROFESSIONAL TRAINING- JOHN LYONS CONDITIONED RESPONSE TRAINING- THE NATURAL, GENTLE, AND RIGHT WAY.

I SAY LET PEOPLE DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES IF THEY WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH PEOPLE WHO LIE CONTINUALLY. IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE WHAT I HAVE- EMAIL ME!

From: ShelleyC
    To: 625627
    Date: Monday, June 25, 2007 6:50 PM
    Subject: Equine.com TM Pepper McGoo Response 6/25/2007

Name:
    Username ShelleyC
    City, State: ROCHESTER, NY
    Phone:

Comments:
    I am very interested in this horse as well. I am looking for a: Kid broke bomb proof trail horse that can hack down the side of the road safely to get to the park. I live in NY and my zip code is 14534. What would trailer fee be? Thanks!

From: robert aichele
    To: shelley camacho
    Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 10:54 PM
    Subject: RE: Equine.com TM Pepper McGoo Response 6/25/2007

This real nice gelding has been here for around 2 months. I have worked cattle off him, roped with him, led trails, did pony rides for little kids, lessons, and July5, he is at cayuga co. fair doing security. He is very broke and a real nice gelding.

"My husband bought him in South Dakota directly from a ranch. A well known ranch." Please call if more questions.

He is shod on front and healthy. I ride him myself frequently. Real nice. Big trot, soft canter, good rein. roadsafe.

2600 delivered. I am firm at that price. Lorraine

This is G o o g l e's cache of http://horsetrip.equine.com/horses/ad_details.aspx?lid=433422 as retrieved on Jun 26, 2007 09:24:37 GMT.

McGoo is the real deal. "Bob drove to South Dakota and hand picked this fine gelding". He is but a 4 yr. old, standing 14.3 hands, easily 1000 lbs, branded, "out of the feed lots of South Dakota of Terry Moody's ranch."

The New York State Penal Law Article S 190.00 (False Advertising) reads:
    OTHER FRAUDS ARTICLE S 190.00

S.190.20 False advertising: A person is guilty of false advertising when, with intent to promote the sale or to increase the consumption of property or services, he makes or causes to be made a false or misleading statement in any advertisement or publishes any advertisement in violation of chapter three of the act of congress entitled "Truth in Lending Act" and the regulations there under, as such act and regulations may from time to time be amended, addressed to the public or to a substantial number of persons; False advertising is a class A misdemeanor.

AT LEAST I CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING I SAVED A HORSE!

24th of Dec, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I would like EVERYONE to take a look at this fantastic video of Jill Letcher - who is ranked #3 in the world for womens Barrel Racing. Her husband trained my horse McGoo for his little boy (they owned him from birth for 4 years). Look at the bridle and bit she uses on her horse while competing. Her husband told me over the phone this was how he trained McGoo.
    YET - the Aicheles took it upon themselves to RUIN my horse by using a CURB CHAIN and a TIE DOWN attached to his breast collar and forced him to do things against his will and be ridden with harsh tack he was not accustomed to. NOW I know why he arrived so messed up- with so many wounds and injuried.

THIS VIDEO SAYS IT ALL.

When I rode McGoo for the FIRST time- I used the exact type of bridle- without a CURB CHAIN. When I complained to Lorraine that McGoo didn't know what to do or wouldn't whoa- she stopped over because she was delivering a horse 30 miles away. When she saw that I was riding McGoo with the same bridle and bit as SHOWN in this Video- she went BALLISTIC. She told me that it was VERY DANGEROUS to ride a RANCH HORSE without a CURB Chain. She put her OWN bridle on McGoo - complete with a Harsh Bit and a Harsh Curb Chain and then she asked if it was "SAFE" for her to ride McGoo on my property. When she mounted McGoo- he basically just stood there- so she proceeded to kick and beat the crap out of him- said he was barn sour and I ruined him because I didn't ride him with a freakin' Curb Chain.
    She also said that cowboys wouldn't "sissifying" themselves by having to say WHOA to their horse to stop it (what happens if a rein breaks- then what?)
    ENJOY the video! I did. I d love to see BOB and Lorraine ride like this.
    Copy and Paste entire contents into your webbrowser or type it in. If it still doesn't open, email me and I will send you the direct link which will open. Jill Letcher is the first vide on the white horse

PS McGoo is in the process of being re-trained to ride the way he was trained to and doing great!

24th of Dec, 2007

I have actual PICTURES taken off Websites showing LORRAINE riding McGoo with so much harsh tack its a wonder the poor thing could walk. Because of the 6" tie-down attached to his breast collar he could only hold his head in one position. No wonder his back was sore (when BOB dropped McGoo off- he said "by the way McGoo bucks. We had a chiropractor treat him (no name) who said he must have rolled on shale rock and injured his back but now he is fine. BUT when Lorraine came to my farm and I asked her about his bucking and back pain- she said "the Chiropractor said he must have twisted his NECK and thats why he bucked"

Email me. I will be happy to send the pictures - take a good look at those scarred and swollen knees too.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

• Wh
      27th of Dec, 2007

Neon Nights was just traded back to them. They had him up for sale last summer and WE have pictures and the original writeup the Aicheles posted a few months ago. NOW they are selling him as a "RESCUE" because he bucks. Don't tell me they didn't know that he bucked last summer when they first had him up for sale. They are now ADVERTISING him as a TRADE-IN.

The Aicheles BRAG that they "TRAIN" horses using methods similar to Frank Bell and Monty Roberts which is a crock. If that is true, then why didn't they take the time to train this horse a few months ago? My guess is that the lady who wrote before me was right- they are AFRAID and don't know how to ride. Neon Nights looks sad in his pictures this time around.

Shelly said:

"When I rode McGoo for the FIRST time- I used the exact type of bridle- without a CURB CHAIN. ... and I ruined him because I didn't ride him with a freakin' Curb Chain. "

Please do some research on the uses of snaffle vs curb bits. A snaffle applies direct pressure only to points in the horses mouth, and can be used without a curb chain. A curb bit uses leverage to apply pressure to multiple points on a horses face. When used without a curb chain, a curb bit is very painful to a horse. A curb chain is not necessarily a chain. It can be made of linked metal or leather. It applies pressure to the chin, and keeps the shanks of the bit from rotating too far in the horses mouth. The following is taken directly from the wikipedia article on curb bits, found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb_bit

"The action of the bit is therefore also dependent on the tightness of the curb chain. If the bit is used without a curb chain (very uncommon-- and dangerous), it loses its leverage action"

A complete description of the various types of bit can be found at

where is also states :
    "All shanked bits require the use of a curb chain or curb strap for proper action and safe use."

27th of Dec, 2007

YOU SELECTIVELY LEFT OUT MY ENTIRE SENTENCE WHICH READ"
    "When she (Lorraine) mounted McGoo- he basically just stood there- so she proceeded to kick and beat the crap out of him- said he was barn sour and I ruined him because I didn't ride him with a freakin' Curb Chain.

AND LORRAINES ADVERTISEMENT READ ON JUNE 4, 2007:

Super Quiet Gelding used for TRAIL RIDING CHILD SAFE. MCGOO is dead quiet w/t/c big trot- NICE REIN- no vices ties clips loads willingly, a beautiful well-bred gelding. HAS COMPETED in TEAM PENNING AND SORTING. WILL ROPE Quietly. Not a lot of top end speed.

Rides dead quiet in SNAFFLE OR ANYTHING. Ad CREATED 6/4/07

She said "RIDES DEAD QUIET IN SNAFFLE OR ANYTHING.
    IF YOU CAN'T EMAIL ME DIRECTLY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY OR ARE A COWARD TO LEAVE YOUR NAME-STAY OUT OF THIS. I have ridden horses for over 40 years and own 3 which I rode with a halter or bitless bridle - and NO - Not a Hackamore or Bosal- A HALTER.

11th of Jan, 2008

Family Equine's new shipment of horses will be arriving after January 20, 2008. Their website advertisement BRAGS:

"Robert will be traveling to the West to get a load of good ranch horses that have all have been working in the feedlots! Ready after the 20th of January. These horses come from CJ Oakwood.

C.J. Oakwood is their good old boy. He is a Livestock Auctioneer in Illinois and owns and operates CJ Cattle Company. Family Equine buys former worked to death feedlot horses from CJ and then offers them for resale in New York. They also truck horses to C.J. to unload the horses they can't sell. "You know, "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine."

C.J. is an avid supporter of HORSE SLAUGHTER and wigged out when hearings were being held and finally, the last remaining horse slaughterhouse was closed down for good this past summer in Dekalb, Illinois.

Here are a few of CJ's rantings and ravings I found on the internet so potential customers of Family Equine can get a gist of the "characters" of the people and business associates that they surround themselves with.
    Heres CJ's website:

Copied from the-
    FARM AND RANCH GUIDE

"Horse slaughter ban would be a blow to production agriculture"

C.J. Oakwood wrote on Feb 13, 2007 9:50 AM:

" Our politicians have not a clue what is going to happen to the equine industry and the welfare of horses IF WE BAN THE PROCESSING OF HORSE MEAT FOR EXPORT. .
    The ANIMAL / TREE HUGGERS in this country need to find another planet to live on before they ruin this one.
    FOR ALL THOSE " HORSE HUGGERS"... what are you going to do with these animals if we cannot dispose of them???
    I PERSONALLY THINK WE SHOULD HAVE HORSE MEAT AVAILABLE AT THE IGA! If anyone thinks hitting a deer with your vehicle is a bad deal.....try hitting a horse that has been turned loose by its owner....you will probably die...seat belt on! "

Updated: Jun 17, 2007 - 01:29:45 am CDT
    Daily Chronicle Online Dekalb Illionois
    OPINIONS:

In Our View: Message to Judge and Cavel Inc.: Enough is enough

CJ OAKWOOD wrote on Jun 20, 2007 4:17 PM:

" "Why is Belgium telling United States judges what they should do in regards to American laws? Judge Kapala accepted a letter from Belgium that attempts to sway his decision in favor of horse slaughter. I think we need to let Belgium know that we Americans will not stand for any country dictating to us which of our laws is constitutional or not" KEEP PROCESSING HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Cow-Calf Weekly Mailbag December 31, 2004

HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH SAVING HORSES
    Apparently Rep. John Sweeney (R-NY) and Sen. John Ensign, DVM (R-NE) don't have a clue ("Horse Slaughter Ban Poses Broad implications"). How did Ensign get through vet school?

I will SUPPORT NCBA 100% on FIGHTING this piece of legislative FECAL MATERIAL ! I hope R-CALF gets on the wagon, too.
    The next thing these NUTS will try to do is stop the harvesting of beef, pork and chicken!
    C.J. OAKWOOD
    CattleCo Data Systems
    Oakwood, IL

I don't know of any REPUTABLE Equine business who would associate with or buy horses for resale from someone who writes nasty ### like this. Selling horses for slaughter are his meal ticket. He could care less if they are sent to slaughter and in the violent manner in which these horses are killed (in Mexico they stab them to death with a dagger).

If anyone buys a horse that came from CJ OAKWOOD, they are in essence keeping him in the horse auction/ slaughter business. Please consider to NOT buy horses that are sold at auction. If you feel you are saving a horse, you are doing just that.... saving ONE. But if you STOP buying horses that are sold at Auction, you will be saving thousands or more in the end.

Legislation is in the works to pass into Law banning the transporting of horses outside of the United States for slaughter.

This is GOOD. This Law will shut down the irreputable horse auctions once in for all . Once that happens, irresponsible horse owners won't be able to dispose of their unwanted healthy, sick, lame, disabled, elderly, pregnant, horses and foals at the most disgusting and disgraceful auctions in the US just to make a buck. They will be forced to spend the $50 to have their horses humanely euthanized- rather than stabbed to death in Mexico or Stun-Gunned in Canada.

Before buying a horse from a Horse Dealer and not a well-known reputable Equine establishment, ask where the horses came from. Feedlot horses have been worked into the ground. They work 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, for years on end. They walk on concrete in many situations, drag semi trailer truck tires, work in rain, sleet, snow, and windy dust bowls. They start their day at 3 am moving 1000s of head of cattle and herding them into the trucks bound for slaughter. Their frustrated "cowboys" spur and whip them to keep moving the cattle. They are rammed by cattle, fall down, and after a hard days work- put in a stand stall for a few hours. They are not groomed or brushed out, feet picked, or loved .... once the horses finally give out from all of the hard work.... they are sent to auction.

PLEASE BE A RESPONSIBLE HORSE BUYER!

• Su
      15th of Jan, 2008

Where is a vet that will euthanize a horse for $50? That's just the farm call charge to come to your barn! This statement makes me wonder who is your veterinarian? I may consider hauling my horses to your vet for their vaccines this spring. Even with gas over $3/gallon it may be a savings. Rates must be much cheaper in your area if vets would come to your barn and administer the drugs for $50. And how much is the rendering service in your area? You can't leave the carcass lying there. A bigger hole is needed than for a dog or cat.
    I hope you have several acres. Better have and know how to operate a backhoe too. I know what euthanasia does costs and involves. I had to have my 31yr mare put down 3 years ago.

I disagree that closing slaugherhouses will force irresponsible horse owners to spend money for euthanizations. If they don't buy good hay and provide water, or maintain foot care and vaccines I seriously doubt they will put the animals out of their misery. Those horses will only suffer longer and die of hunger with sore feet.
    I strongly agree that horses should never be transported in cattle trailers or double-deckers. And there should be layovers where the horses would be let out to eat and drink and rest.

Didn't think I'd ever respond to such articles, but Shelley is irresistable!

15th of Jan, 2008

Our equine Vet actually charges $50 for the Euthanasia. The farm call is $45.
    Our backhoe operator charges $100 to bury a horse. So lets see... thats $195 to humanely euthanize and bury a beloved pet and you think thats a LOT? Well, I live in a very tight knit horse community, Pittsford-Mendon, NY. The most affluent subburb in our area. Look it up. My farm is a 5 minute walk from Walnut Hill Farm. Maybe you have heard of them. They host the largest carriage horse show in the WORLD. My other neighbor owns and operates Highview Farm. He is one of the top riding instructors in the United States. My property backs right up to the heir of Firestone Tires. She owns Oakridge Stables, and about 500 acres. I ride back there all the time. I live right next door to an 11,000 acre park. Gas is how much now? $3 a gallon? Really don't care. As long as my Jaguar and new 2008 Hummer is gassed up - I'm content. All of my pets are cared for, so I'm happy. I obviously live in a different world than you SUE.
    Losers don't care for their animals and even bigger losers sell their horses at auction. For your viewing pleasure, here's a video inside a Mexican horse slaughterhouse. Grab CJ, Lorraine and Robert, make some popcorn and enjoy!

16th of Jan, 2008

I was incorrect on the charge of euthanizing a horse. So sorry SUE. Since I haven't had to euthanize a horse in almost 20 years, I estimated the cost from the 1980's. I called our horse Vet, Genesee Valley Equine Clinic, and the charge is $110 for humane euthansia of a full sized horse. I was correct on the farm call at $45. When any of our farm animals pass away, we are only charged $100 for burial by our friend who owns an Excavating company.

So, I was OFF $60 measly dollars, The total cost to euthanize and bury a beloved horse here in Pittsford-Mendon is $255.

I own 4 horses. Bingo is 26, Spenser is also 26 and being treated for Cushings Disease with Pergolide, Flicka is 19, and McGoo is 4. None of my horses has ever been sick with the exception of Spenser. Money is NO OBJECT when it comes to providing the highest quality of care for all of my pets. We spend at least $1000 a month for feed, Vet and Farrier Care, etc. which doesn't include the $700 for McGoo's professional training.

Since you are complaining about how expensive it is FOR YOU to have your horses vaccinated, you obviously can't afford it and shouldn't own any horses at all.

• Ad
      17th of Jan, 2008

Holy Cow! What a cat fight we have going on here. I have been reading the various "comments" and just thought I'd through my two cents in being a 'green' horse owner. I am 52 yrs. old and have always loved horses. Although I hadn't ridden one since I was 17 yrs. old I decided at the ripe old age of 49 to buy one. I bought him as a PMU rescue - he was 6 mos. old.I bought him at the type of facility that you are describing. Boy, have I learned a lot in these three yrs. I boarded him at the facility for awhile. I didn't even know how to put a halter on then.Then I believed that I had been taken advantage of and began moving him to other boarding places. ( I live in a village - and my husband did not want to move to the country for a horse) So boarding has been my only option. EVERY place that I had him at told me everything I was doing was wrong - even the ritzy ones. Let's see there was the trainer that put the saddle on wrong - that turned under his belly and she fell off and he took off - and she beat the stuff out of him saying he was bad. Then there was the idiot that tied the saddle under him repeatedly (after the 1st trainer - a college graduate in equine training no less) telling me that this was a way to get him used to scary things. This guy owns a dude ranch that's been in business forever. He was also the one that shoved a curb bit in his mouth and I watched my horse hit the moon! After all this I decided to take him back to the place where I bought him because it was closer to my house and began to train him myself. He is completely trained - by me .Having no background in training or horses I had no stupid preconceived notions as to what should be done. And yes this place is still in business with questionable practices, but I have learned to stop complaining and to coexist peacefully with them. My horse is well taken care of by me on a daily basis and he is fully trained by me and I use a bitless bridle. I thought what a cruel idea to put metal in a mouth. How foolish of me a know nothing. I guess what all this rambling is meant to say is that I wish I had money like you Shelley so I could take care of my horse like I want - but I don't and probably never will. To deny us less fortunate, monetarily,of owning and loving these wonderful animals is not right either. Yes my horse has all his shots and gets his feet trimmed regularly and what not. But let's face it ,there will always be horrible places and we can't save everything. I try my best to feed the "rescues" and take as many under my wing as possible - there are good people who do come and adopt them and give them forever homes. Isn't that what really matters? Most horse people would of said that I should have never been sold a horse - but it's been one of the best things I've ever done.

17th of Jan, 2008

I still have the letter you emailed me a month of so ago, Addie. Remember you said you visited the Aicheles farm and was not at all impressed by it and that they seemed like the typical horse "flippers?" so you left. I wish you would have added that in your comment above.

• Ad
      18th of Jan, 2008

Excuse me but I have been misquoted - I did not say that I visited the Aicheles farm. I did say that I drove PAST it and was not impressed. I guess my underlying comment is if you know so much about horses and the people who deal with them - then you should also know , that you get what you pay for. If I was smart enough with as little experience as I have then certainly people who are more affluent and have been around horses longer should know better. I do not have a personal vendetta against the Aicheles since I never purchased a horse from them or even looked at one they had for sale. Please stop jamming my antispam site with your nasty emails. I enjoy my life, I suggest that you go find one Mike and enjoy yours! Do not email me again. Thank you.

18th of Jan, 2008

Where in your December email letter that you wrote to me say that you just drove past their their farm? It seems like you have a personal vendetta against Mrs. Camacho because she has the money to take care of her horses and you don't and that bothers you. What she spends on her horses care is irrelevant to this Complaint Board. Because of the economy, horse prices have plunged. There are plenty of nice dead broke registered horses for less than $2000.

From: "Addie Laudin"Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
    Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:04:40 -0800

E-Mail from "Addie Laudin" to "MK ROMANO" at https://www.complaintsboard.com
    Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:04:40 -0800
    I read your complaint posting on Family Equine services of CNY. I went down there a few yrs. ago - took a look, was not impressed - figured he was just your normal horse "flipper" - turned around and came home.

• Wh
      18th of Jan, 2008

I see the crapola about Family Equine is still going strong. Especially love Lorraine's damsel in distress routine that they have been victimized by threats to their life and business. (that email you posted may not help you sell horses).

What is it that Mrs. Lorraine said on their website --------
    WE do not promote horse slaughter in any way!

Right. Why the hell do do you buy former feedlot horses from CJ Oakwood? You are promoting this guy on your website like hes equal to buying horses from the Keenland Sales or something. The guy fought like a lion to keep the horse slaughterhouses open. I remember he stuck up for you the last time complaints were posted about you. And you don't promote horse slaughter? Feed us all another line of B.S. Lorraine or Bob. Its hard to tell who writes what on their website seeing as how they change it every day.

If you don't promote horse slaughter then why does your Customer Letters of Reference Page say

"all email addresses and full names are withheld to prevent harassing animal rights NUTS to email our customers trying to cause problems."

Is that the way a business should behave? If you truly loved horses then why would you even call someone an animal rights NUT? I thought you said you believed in "turning the other cheek" You write with so much hate and anger on your website,and downright rage and then you quote bible scripture below it?

Last time I looked you didn't have any reference letters up there. Never had any last summer either. Its very easy to make up reference letters with nothing to back them up. Why not show pictures of some of your satisfied customers over the past 7 years or so with the horses they bought from you instead? You've probably sold at least 700 horses so how hard can it be to get lets say 200 pictures? Now thats a thought.

23rd of Jan, 2008

Of course all the crap about them is still going strong. Looks like they toned their website down some and made a public appology to their unsatisfied customers. They also wrote " If we use terms that you do not completely understand in our ads or when you spoke to us, Please ask us to explain. We are use to using cowboy jargon and sometimes assume everyone understands us. " Since when is "dead broke, kid safe, bomb proof, trail rides, road safe, quiet, lesson horse, no bad habits, camp horse, no vices, sound, comes with a shoe on every foot, blah blah.... cowboy jargon?" An appology is better late than never I guess.
    I do have a comment for Adrienne Laudin who wrote a couple of postings above. I'd like to see Adrienne Laudin - who says she trained her horse by herself with no formal horse training experience- to re-school a horse that has thrown her, run away with her, reared, bolted, bucked, snapped halters off, cinches, bit, kicked, .... a horse that she bought as dead broke child safe horse anyone can ride. It is one thing Addie to train a horse from a foal- anyone with half a brain can do it- but its quite another thing to re-school a horse that is out of control. I personally think you are full of it. You are also mad at me because I am a responsible horse owner that can afford to have my horse professionally trained as well as provide all of my animals with the highest care. You basically came right out and said you provide your horse with its basic needs. What happens if he becomes sick or injured and needs surgery at $5000 a pop? What if he has a chronic illness and needs expensive medication which costs $300 month on top of the board you are paying now? YEAH... I DIDN'T THINK SO ADDIE.