Family Dollar Stores / baking soda/unprofessionalism

1 Wilmington, North Carolina, NC, United States Review updated:

Cashiet rejected baking soda as a ebt food item. I requested the manger. Manger violently rejected baking soda as a ebt item. I told manger she was wrong. Manger began yelling get out. I said no. The manger told cashiet to reenter items. Baking soda entered as ebt item. Manger walked away as cashier stood disbelief. No apology for yelling or mistake

• Updated by Sophy13, Sep 12, 2018

This incident happened @ the Greenfield Street location.

So
Sep 12, 2018

Comments

• Wh
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

I didn't know baking soda was considered nutritional to qualify as EBT eligible. New one on me.

• Om
      14th of Sep, 2018

@what_ever Maybe you need to learn what baking soda is used for before you comment about nutritional value. Maybe take some time to educate yourself.

• La
      14th of Sep, 2018

@emoato lives with his elderly mom whose on ss and didn’t work and has food stamps to feed his racist self entitled jobless ass

• It
      19th of Sep, 2018

I think the point was being yelled at. That's uncalled for.. regardless. I have a neighbor that's a EBT abuser. . I get it. My best friend worked all of her life, lost her job at age 52 and refused to go on it, but did out of desperation...she got $45 /month, btw. I get the frustration. But, it doesn't change the fact that customer service sucked. That's not how to handle a situation. If you calm down an READ the original post @emoato, the employee re-scanned and it went through. Baking soda is considered a personal care and cleaning product (as well as vinegar... also no nutritional value), so it's covered. I can't stand the abusers, but to be treated like crap for using what you need on a legit item is ridiculous.

1st of Oct, 2018

@dear boss For all you know she could have a job and still not have enough to make ends meet. But she had no right getting angry at them for something that is out of their control.

1st of Oct, 2018

@ItsHardToBeTheNicerPerson Sometimes you need to yell. Seems like she was not in the right either.

1st of Oct, 2018

@ItsHardToBeTheNicerPerson Treat others with respect and you won't be treated like crap. Sounds to me like she was treating the employees like crap. She is lucky that they did not call the police when she refused to leave.

• Re
      20th of Sep, 2018

Welfare is not to be used for your career... it's supposed to act as EMERGENCY Assistance, to get you back on your feet.

I can understand each view, in this debate... but I think the question really is, how long has this person been on Welfare? A month? 15 years? It makes a difference in this situation...She could have been on Welfare, because she lost her job a month ago... OR, she could keep having babies, to boost her Welfare take...

While her response is completely inappropriate, (yelling at both the cashier and the manager), it is hard to form an opinion, because we dont know. 🙄

• Ca
      22nd of Sep, 2018

@serfeh I agree with you, One Million Percent!!!

20th of Sep, 2018

I read this complaint about dollar store because I shop there. Curiosity I guess? The customer was defiantly correct to be upset and airing her complaint about a store manager that became belligerent, especially when the customer was right. Right or wrong, there is no excuse for the manager of any store to act that way. Hopefully, the mucky, mucks at that particular chain became aware of this incident, and explained to the individual why he was put in that position and what the job actually involves, even if he does not retain his employment with that company.
    As for the responses from the majority, I see a lot of angry people, some of which could probably benefit from the services of a good psychiatric professional.

• Pr
      21st of Sep, 2018

Family Dollor how it is General Science

25th of Sep, 2018

Why is it ok for family dollar CEO's, get to have security at a store if their wife works at one, but it is not ok for a husband of a worker allowed to be at the store to make sure nothing happens to his wife! They got to put security tags on everything but not allowed to do anything if someone steals something! They are working basackwards! Family dollar stores only worried about the money and not stopping a robbery or theft!

1st of Oct, 2018

@dear boss Read his review, it seems like whenever his wife was working he was stalking the store to make sure that she was safe. Supposedly one of the managers threatened to take his wife away from him. But as for Family Dollar not stopping robbery or theft, they are not required to for their own safety. They are encouraged to give the robber what they want, and if it is a case of theft they cannot stop them until they have proof. In some cases they make sure they have stolen enough to be charged by law before getting involved. But you are right if the thief gets hurt they can sue. If the employee gets hurt because they tried to stop the robber or thief they can be sued or be paid for time of work due to their injuries.

• Us
      28th of Sep, 2018

All you illegal aliens need to go back to mexico... we dont want you in our country. you are destroying our economy. build the wall keep wetbacks out. that include all the blacks from nigeria. dont bring your 3rd world country problems here.

1st of Oct, 2018

@user1918165 You voted for Trump didn't you? But not all the users here are American.

1st of Oct, 2018

@dear boss Gives you an upvote. 9wood usually gives downvotes if you call him out for is homophobic behaviour.

2nd of Oct, 2018

dear boss is a complete [censored]. just makes comments to make comments.

get a job - loser.

5th of Oct, 2018

@chrisboggs He and everyone is speaking the truth here. If anyone's comments are censored it is that person that keeps making multiple accounts (Kevin Richards) who also posts on pissedconsumer.Sometimes also 9wood whose main response "What your bf said." But Dear boss makes valid points. Or maybe you meant that comment for user191865 who is racist?

6th of Oct, 2018

@chrisboggs Keep your fight with him on your own review. Thanks.

2nd of Oct, 2018

because you comment on people's comments with sheer ignorance and judgement. you have no dog in the fight, yet give an ignorant comment knowing exactly ZERO about any one claim. and my claim is absolutely report worthy. i tried to amend and cancel my order 10 minutes after it was made. The company said it was "too late". I hadn't even received email notification that it had been processed and yet they refuse to amend or cancel the order???? REALLY???? so - i do $180 worth of online ordering and the BEST hammit sports can do is tell me, "thank you - we can do nothing for us. the best YOU can do (since we don't want to extend any form of customer service) is tell YOU to deal with it... wait for it... AFTER the order has been filled and shipped. THEN, if you don't want the shoes that don't fit, you can send it back and we'll refund them after they have been returned. allow 30 days.

are YOU for real????

• Re
      2nd of Oct, 2018

@chrisboggs All of us are, 'For Real.'

You should have made Gawd-Damned sure you wanted the items, BEFORE YOU DECIDED TO PURCHASE.