fake windows scam / illegal entry to your computer

1 greater manchester, United Kingdom Review updated:

a dangerous scam from a group per porting to be from microsoft windows.
they phone and tell you they can help to clear a virus from your computer and that windows have reported that this must be done immediately to your computer, after 5 minuet's of listing to what they said, I was then handed over to a foreign male voice who asked me to press the windows key and R at the same time, to then clear what ever was written in the box that appeared and type in TEAMVIEWER, at this point I said if I do that then I know about team viewer and that I would be giving you free access to any part of my computer and that I would not feel right in doing this move, he said it would be fine and that I should trust him fully since he was working for windows.I said I am sorry but I don't wish to do this, to cut a long story short he then started to get annoyed and threatened that my windows licence would be withdrawn unless I followed everything he said I had to do or the police would be around my house and arrest me, by know it was an obvious scam and I put the phone down on him he was still saying all sorts of redresses for my uncooperative attitude.I contacted the police and outlined this story they put me in touch with.WWW.action fraud.police.uk.their telephone number is.[protected]. they know about this scam and are doing something about finding these idiots, so if you get a phonecall like this, their advice is put the phone down asap and dont listen to the jargon they will tell you, non of which is true.

Jo
Feb 14, 2014

Comments

• Pu
      26th of Mar, 2014

I also, got several of these phone calls. One time I was at Wal-mart, she asked if I was in front of my computer. I told her NO and told her where I was. She then asked me to go in front of my computer, (huh?). She said she'd call later. I really thought she WAS from Windows at first. Then I got another call from another woman with a strong accent. I told her I wasn't near my computer. I wasn't home she still wanted me to go to my computer. Boy was I getting annoyed. I told her to take my number off her list and "Do Not Call Me "! She replied "yes, I'll call you tomorrow!" I again said NO but louder, and she again said yes. I hung up. I had another call, I asked the woman how she got my phone number? She Stumbled for words. well... you used it when you bought your computer. Nope, I didn't buy it. Well, ... your husband used you phone number when he ordered your computer. Nope, he didn't buy it. So how did you get my number? Click... SCAM!!!

I looked the number up on "whocalled.us" & at the bottom of that page there is a link to the "National Do Not Call Registry" AND how to "File a Complaint" with the "FTC". You better believe I filed a complaint