[Resolved] fake charges and it too difficult to stop them

5 Review updated:

Don’t deal with the website www.stateregistration.org. Their services are terrible scam and rip off. After you gave them your personal information and provide your card info, they start to charge you for nothing. I made such mistake and tried to cancel everything, but it was almost impossible. I only wanted to share my view and warn other people. Because it is so difficult to stop these charges.

• Resolution statement

StateRegistration.org customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

• barbara bruno's Response, Jul 11, 2018

Same as above.

Wi
Jul 25, 2015

Comments

• Co
      Sep 02, 2015

Do not use the website www.stateregistration.org! I was up on the official state website to renew my vehicle registration and somehow got diverted to this site. They did not give me a receipt showing charges, so I had no way of knowing they were inflating the cost of my registration until I saw the charge on my credit card. When I complained, they did send a receipt. The charges didn't match the county charges, these were inflated and then they added a large processing fee. Next time I'll buy a stamp.

• The user did not respond to the messages. The review should not be taken into consideration.

• Mi
      Aug 10, 2016

I agree. Stateregistration.org is a scam, do yourself a favor and go to the official DMV website. On August 8, 2016 i made the mistake of placing an "order" with them to renew my registration. There was an additional charge of $15.00 that was explained on the website. However, they deducted the entire payment of $54.00 instantly and never performed any task. They took my money and did NOT renew my registration! They also did not email me a receipt like they specifically stated they would. I sent a message on their website demanding a refund and have not heard back - I assume my money has been stolen. I believe that the content of their website constitutes False Advertising at best but could be looking at more serious legal actions against them. Do Not Use This Site!

Mar 25, 2019

@mike009 We did not scam you, Mike. We're a legitimate third-party agency, and we have never taken anyone's money without renewing their registration. If your registration was unable to be renewed, you would have received a full refund and an email explaining the reason for cancellation. If you reach out to support directly, we'll be happy to look into this and inform you of what happened with your specific transaction: [protected]@stateregistration.org

Nov 02, 2016

I thought I had gone to the BMV registration to renew my vehicle. I was fooled by their site. Later when I found out from my husband that I'm not eligible to renew online because I require e-check I realized this was a scam. I tried asking for them to refund the money and they said it was being processed and there was nothing that could be done. I had to call the bank and cancel the card. DO NOT USE THEM.

Also as another poster noticed they do not post a phone number to call. That is because they are in Queensland Australia. YOU HAVE NO RECOURSE other than to cancel your card/do chargebacks.

Here is some info if others want to do some digging. Their domain info is listed to this company:

Admin Name: Domain Admin
    Admin Organization: Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org
    Admin Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16
    Admin Street: Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org
    Admin Street: to contact the domain owner/operator
    Admin City: Nobby Beach
    Admin State/Province: Queensland
    Admin Postal Code: QLD 4218
    Admin Country: AU
    Admin Phone: 45.[protected]

• Ba
      Aug 15, 2018
    Stateregistration.org - A registration renewal that I never received.
    Somerville
    Alabama
    [protected]@aol.com

This renewal transaction ID is DHW63TSR, and was paid for on 6/21/18. The plate no.
    is 5GH-331. Want to know where it went, because it never came to my address.
    My name is Barbara Bruno.

Mar 25, 2019

@barbara bruno Barbara, it's best to contact the business you're trying to reach directly, rather than submitting your inquiries as comments on an old forum thread. Our support team would have been able to help you with this. The plate you submitted to us (5GH331) was not within the renewal range; it was therefore not eligible to be renewed. We voided your transaction and emailed you back on June 21, 2018. Our email was sent to: [protected]@aol.com

• Li
      Aug 20, 2018
    Stateregistration.org - Auto License Renewal
    Silt
    Colorado

I went to the Colorado renewal site and this site somehow took over which cost me an extra $20 for my plates. My Garfield County clerks office is not aware of a third party site. It was only after talking to my bank that I was able to figure out what happened. I do not think these sites should be allowed to operate.

Mar 25, 2019

@Linda Zordel Smith Linda, did you reach out to our support team directly? It's easy to contact us through our website. We'll be happy to credit back our service fee if you did not intend to use our site.

• Li
      Sep 10, 2018
    Stateregistration.org - Department of Motor Registration two payments
    Spring
    Texas

Circumstance - Date: Your organization deducted from my account $83.00 9/25/2017 and $79.00 9/30/2017. My payment code #j0g8zbwy 9/25//2017 for one registration of vehicle 2015 Malibu Chevy : License plate: #GJN4663. I need your organization to provide receipts for these Transactions; Please.

Mar 25, 2019

@Linda D. Cannon Hi Linda. The best way to contact support is through our website, or via email—not via a comment forum on an old thread. As explained in our email to you, the vehicle you tried to renew required an inspection. Consequently, your transaction with us was canceled. We communicated with you directly via email about this.

• Pe
      Nov 11, 2018
    Stateregistration.org - Deceptive and misleading website

Their website is made to look exactly the same as the state RMV website - highly deceptive and misleading - I'd highly recommend avoiding this type of deceptive business and go straight to your state RMV online and avoid "service" fees

Mar 25, 2019

@PeteHxH Hi Pete. Our website does not look like the RMV site; it has a distinct, unique design. Further, our website features bold, prominent disclaimers that inform visitors of our third-party status. The purpose of these disclaimers is to inform, not deceive. And while you can certainly avoid our service fees by renewing with the RMV directly, you will not receive any of the benefits we offer. We offer some valuable features and benefits that are exclusively available through our platform.

• Di
      Feb 11, 2019
    stateregistration.org - rmv registration

fake WEB CITE, looks like a legit, overcharge people !!
    iF YOU LOOKING TO RENEW YOUR REGISTRATION OR ANY OTHER RMV RENEWALS
    YOU WILL BE CHARGED EXTRA 7$ AND YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE IN PRIVET OWED WEB CITE ...

Mar 25, 2019

@Dima Lomakin Hi Dima. Our website is not fake. As explained on our site, we're a third party that charges a fee for services and features the RMV does not provide. However, since you did not intend to use our site, we're happy to credit that fee back to you. A refund is currently in process back to your account. We've also removed your information from our system. An email regarding this has been sent to you as well. Have a great day!

• Rd
      May 23, 2019
    StateRegistration.org - license renewal

4CS44777LL375171M 03 2019
    StateRegistration.org
    Total
    $121.50
    I didnt know there was a further charge. Thougnt I was using the same site I always did for renewals..
    I have contacated my paypal investigation area..they have cancelled any further charges.
    What is your canned response?
    [protected]

May 24, 2019

@r d erickson Hi Roger. We looked up your transaction ID and found your record. Since you did not intend to use our site, a refund credit is on the way back to your account. Please refer to the email we just sent you for more details.