Fairway Lending Group / Scammed!

1 1699 Wall StreetMount Prospect, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-681-1281

I went to the internet looking for a lender who would loan me 50000 to consolidate debt, particularly as to credit cards. fairway Lending Group contacted me by telephone. I referred them to my wife who had the better credit. They contacted her and after a day said they had found a lender who would loan us the amount asked for (Bank of America had refused thus necessitating this action), but i would require us to pay 6 months in advance.

When asked Why, they said that is was a means of them verifying our ability to pay based on our high debt to income ratio. I thought that sounded reasonable, not knowing it was illegal to require advance payments for a loan. Further, my wife looked them up (or thought she had) and found multiple addresses nationwide, which sold me on their legitimacy. We charged our DISCOVER Card the money up front and went to Wal-Mart and used their Western Union hook-up to send the money to a person in Alberta, Canada.

The next day, Friday, the 8th of February, the money didn't show as promised. I got suspicious, but knew that since it was late Friday that the money was paid, that it might not show up until Monday. Well, I got up early Monday, a nagging thought dogging me.

I looked up the group by entering their web address. What i got on my screen was a horror show beyond belief. I said, Oh, no, what have we done? We've been scammed!

Va

Comments

Ti
  19th of Feb, 2008
Fairway Lending Group - fraud
fairway lending group
1699 wall steet
Mount Prospect
Illinois
Phone: 866-681-1281
fairwaylending.org

they offered me a loan for $46,000.Because I had some lates on my credit report,the lender requested 6 months loan payments up front. I complied.then I was told the lender pulled out, but they had another lender, and needed still some additional up front payments prior to funding the loan. I complied. I was then told that the new lender puled out, but they had another lender, but required additional money up front. I told enough is enough, I want my money back. I was told I'd have to wait until February 14th. I asked to speak to the CEO , Mark Pratt. I was told he doesn't deal with customers. I was dealing with Brian Ellis and terry Finkel.

their phone number is disconnected and their web site is down.

I filed a complaint with Illinois Banking Department and the Illionis Attorney General. No reply.

Ch
  18th of May, 2008

my wife applied for a 5, 000 $ loan sounds like the same thing she needed 6 months payment up front she send the money overnight to canada via western union well what i do know is to get funds from western union you need proper ID correct ? we everyone please contact me if you gave any money to fairway lending inc or talked to anyone named randy gold a supposed loan officer i have the name of the person my wife sent the money to and my buddy works for the RCMP in canada so hopefully we can hunt these ###s down and get our money back my email is charliemiller999@hotmail.com feel free to msn me also at the same address ...if we all get together that got ripped off we can stop others from getting scammed so please contact me

Sh
  15th of Sep, 2009
Fairway Lending Group - Scam and lies
Fairway Lending Group
fairwaylendinggroup.net

I was contacted by Brian from Fairway Lending Group and told for 5% down I would receive a $100, 000.00 business loan. After I wired $4, 620.00 via a money gram to them, I was then contacted by Terry from the same company and told that they required 10% down to complete the loan. I then wired another $4, 620.00 to them only to find out that I had been scammed. How can someone have a phone that people are calling and not be traceable? How can this be going on in the state and no one can figure out who these people are? I want these people caught and prosecuted. What do I need to do to get these people caught? With all of the modern tools now available why can't we catch these people?