Fairview Flower Shop, Inc. / Terrible customer service!

1026 Sycamore DriveDecatur, GA, United States
Phone: 404-378-1721

On Friday, November 30, 2007, I contacted Fairview Flower Shop by phone to place an order for three floral arrangements: one casket cover and two standing sprays. These arrangements were to be delivered to A. S. Turner & Sons Funeral Home for my grandmother’s funeral service taking place on Sunday, December 2, 2007. Elizabeth Stewart (the owner of the shop) promised that the arrangements would be very nice, which I trusted. On the morning of the funeral service, I noticed many flowers in one of the standing sprays were wilted. The casket cover and the other standing spray were fine. Other floral arrangements sitting next to the wilted standing spray were fine.

On Monday, December 3, 2007, I spoke with Ms. Stewart over the phone and expressed my disappointment in the one wilted standing spray. I was amazed at the lack of customer service she displayed. She put blame on everyone and everything else – the funeral home, an air vent, the fact that she couldn’t deliver on Sunday, we should have ordered baskets instead of sprays, etc. I would have thought in a market of great competition (now with discount florists online) she would be willing do something to try to make the situation better. She offered no discount, did not apologize and was rude over the phone.