Fairpoint Communications / staticy phone linehorrid customer service!

1 Littleton, NH, United States

I've had static on my landline phone no matter what phone I use whenever it rainsstorms ever since last year and I've called Fairpoint over and over about it to have them keep telling me their must be something wrong with the wiring in my apartment all the while NEVER mentioning anything about a maintenance plan that could be added to my phone bill for $5month to cover cost of any inside wiring jobs. They just kept telling me that it was MY wiring that was wrong with it even though they never came and looked and that they would bill me $100+ for coming out to check if there was nothing wrong with the outside. What a joke! Finally a couple weeks ago I was told by one of my co-workersfriends that I could get some maintenance plan, so I called Fairpoint and they go "Oh, yeah you have to have it on your account for a week before we can come fix it." Ok, so the technician come on a Sunday and went down to the basement to check the ONE wire leading from my apartment to the basement and said "There's NOTHING wrong with this wire and there's NOTHING wrong with the box on the side of the house. The problem can be anywhere from the top of the street all the way back to the next town over." So now I've had my time wasted for a year trying to get it dealt with, Fairpoint has failed to make complete notes (or in some cases any notes at all) on my account in reference to some discussions I've had, either not given me the information I've needed to get the issue taken care of or just given me WRONG info over and over. Meanwhile during any conversation I've ever had with them about it they've NEVER apologized or offered to credit me even though I've only been able to get 50% usage out of my phone every time there's rain or a storm because it takes 3-4 days for the line to clear up. But yet I consistently pay $32+ dollars a month about $13 of which is TAXES for a phone service I can only use 50% of the time! Fairpoint can kiss my ### because if they don't straighten it out soon I'll be moving to cable internet and VOIP service!