Fairpoint / telephone dis-service

Customer Service never answers the phone. The bills are never right. They take your money and don't credit your account, so the balance keeps rising and you get past due notices.

Are they idiots or frauds? You decide.

Jj

Comments

17th of Mar, 2009

terrible...I am planing to disconnect my phone. their rates are outrageous and no one seemed to take a call for custormer service.

• Ho
      7th of May, 2009

My name is Holly Witham. I called Fairpoint in the middle of the first week in april, I ordered phone service and internet.I was told that I would have both services by the 16th of april, well, the 16th came and went to no avail! I have called at least three times a day since, again to no avail.I finally resorted to a medical emergency letter faxed from my doctor's office to Fairpoint on the 6th of may, as I am disabled.
    A technician came to my home yesterday, and stated that while he did everything right on my end of the wiring there still was a problem on the other end, hence no dial signal. So I am still waiting! and the internet can not be hooked up until after I have had a working phone for two weeks! the last rep I talked to informed me thet I was LUCKY that they responded so quickly! I then informed her that with an emergency letter from a doctor has to be resolved withit 48 hours.I will call again today! tThanks for letting me vent.

• As
      24th of May, 2009

All of you... file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and/or the Public Utilities Commission. I have done both, and it gets surprisingly fast results.

Even so, I am switching over to Comcast next week. Their customer service isn't so great either, but I've been putting up with Fairpoint's crap since December 2008.

High speed internet and a cell phone sounds good to me.