Fairmont Hotel - San Jose / Hotel bill was wrong twice!

I booked a two (2) night stay at this hotel as a surprize for my husband who just returned from Malaysia.

Upon check in I was charged twice for over $800.00 + $50.00 for a parking fee. The next day I couldn't use my debit card, I was "over my limit". I called my bank and was told that the Fairmont had put authorizations of nearly $1800.00 on my card! I went to the front desk to complain and called from our mini-suite. They sent up a couple cigars for my husband, but couldn't resolve the problem for my debit card. So, instead of going out to eat, I went home (15 miles away) to cook dinner and bring it back to the hotel to eat.

I took a 1000.00 cash advance from my Chase card and deposited it to my debit card. And, the next morning at checkout instead of using the authorizations they'd put on my debit card they ran a NEW authorization for over $500.00! And, my hotel bill was wrong twice - I'd been charged for breakfast when we had breakfast included in the bill!

After checkout I made several more calls. However the worse thing was, the next day my car payment which is auto-deducted from my checking account was DECLINED due to those authorizations.

I called the hotel and spent several hours trying to work this out with Diane in accounting and with the General Managers's EA Tamara. Although they eventually got most of it straightened out I am still upset that they wouldn't give me a partial credit on at $600.00 two night stay.

In the meantime, I have a cash advance fee and I'm still very upset.

Va

More Fairmont Hotel - San Jose Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ha
      21st of Dec, 2009

Dear Fairmont hotel,
    I made a reservation on line to Fairmont Nile City hotel in Eygept from 20-23 Des 2009 with arate of 129 u.s $ including tax & service and i paid with my cridet crd "for inter net use only" Visa Vitruon/from Doha bank/click but when I arraived on 21 Des 2009 the hotel recieption man "Abdull lateef" said I the a rate& the mount what said is not paid and I have to pay 168.20 u.s $ per night and they told me bussines center open not open becouse the hotel just new open!!! any how I could had wirless inter net second day of my arraiving.
    I will please to insure to this hotel that i had paid the tree night with my cridet card and the fee are 129 u.s $ so please help me in this matter " IT'S EYGEPT"
    BEAST REGARD,