Fairfield Resorts / Don't buy from Faifield Resorts!

I had previously listed a complaint about Fairfield Resorts and had thought the matter had been "settled" but just found out today that it was a complete lie from one of their representatives.

I had previously tried to warn all about dealing with Fairfield Resorts from the fact that, I was lied to during the sales presentation and that any payments you owe will be automatically deducted from your bank account.

I was set up with automatic payments from Faifleld and was told there was insufficient funds in my account, and that 2 months payment were not payed.
I immediately checked my account online and found out that was not true.
I also called my bank and verified that it was not true.
I then sent them bank statements to show the payments were made and they still did not believe it!
The original balance of 30 dollars mushroomed into over $ 280.00 (collection fee after collection fee).
I wrote a letter to The Squeaky Wheel in July and they got over 100 e-mails from people on the internet who had viewed my complaint.

They called me the end of July and said they would settle for $ 15 dollars if I would remove the letter.
After a year of hell with these people, I decided it was worth it even though I didn't owe $ 15 dollars.
Well I just found out it was all a lie they still claim I owe $ 280 dollars and my payment was to mortgage services and not the maintenance department. Don't believe anything, anyone, from Fairfield Resorts says, or a Cedent Company (their parent company)for that fact. If you have a similar problem with them don't accept any settlement without a settlement agreement and verification from an attorney.
These are the most dishonest people on the planet, just go to one of their high pressure sales pitches and you'll see. I have never been through hell like I have been with these people. Try any other reputable timeshare company, RCI for instance, but don't buy from Fairfield!

Comments

• Mi
      29th of Jan, 2007

You may have read my previous listing "Don't buy from Fairfield Resorts!"

In that listing I complained about Truth in Lending Law violations, Unfair and Deceptive Business Practices and unauthorized thefts from my checking account.

Well I recently received an e-mail from a couple who are initiating a class action lawsuit and they are gathering names and numbers of people who would be interested in joining this class action suit.
    It is a much cheaper if not free way to bring a large law firm against Fairfield Resorts.
    The couple who contacted me asked me to post this message so that you can join our effort to bring these people to justice.

Here is their contact information:
    Peggy and Roy Cooper
    Tel. 501-344-8107
    Cell 501-593-3007
    email: kim@alladds.com

Or you may contact me:
    Michael Burke
    Tel. 508-250-5280
    michaelsburke@yahoo.com

Fairfield Resorts may think they are getting away with their crimes now but, let's make them pay!

• Va
      5th of Feb, 2007

The purchase of a Faifield timeshare for one week usage, cost us $10,000. We Were told we were buying something valuable. We have a Deed, Taxes, and Maintenance fees.The maintenance fees have continued to go up. We now pay almost $500 dollars a year for one week usage. This added to our initial purchase price, puts our fees at $1500 a year for the next decade. How they in good conscious can charge that kind of fee for one weeks use is ridiculous. When we tried to sell our week, we had the rude awakening, FairField wouldn't buy our week back for ten cents on the dollar. They don't want the weeks back because they are selling new weeks regularly and know they have virtually no resale value. They never said one word in their presentation, that indicated this fact. They told us that owners were continually buying extra weeks to add to their existing week. Totally not true. The presentation was full of half truths, and false promises. We now know we are not alone in this realization.

• Ho
      1st of Mar, 2007

Totally true and if contacted by an Attorney who is bringing charges against Fairfield/Wyndham I would be inclined to join in because of the latest round of discussions with "sales" personnel who have stated that our resort (only 40% sold) is no longer offering time share sales because there is a new resort in town and they have decided to sell them instead. Does this sound like a violation of my agreement or what? Continuing sales is the only way to keep maintenance fees from going ballistic. And oh the lies that we were told in the beginning that never were disputed but because it "ain't in writing!" it won't ever get a hearing in a court of law.. Good luck..

• Jn
      6th of Feb, 2008
    Fairfield Resorts - Terrible service!
    Fairfield Resorts
    320 lowdnes ave.
    Ormond Bch.
    Florida
    Phone: 386-383-9340

Unable to to get exchanges. Always loosing my points because I am unable to reserve. Maintenance keeps going up. Tired of this!

Beware of this company!

• Da
      26th of Aug, 2008

I am looking for a Class Action Suit as well I was told all fees would be deducted they take out 208 a month every month but they did not tell me that they were not taking out a $100 fee then they made it $200 and they have locked me out so I can not reserve a vacation or try too they now say I owe them 700 dollars they are fining me a 100 a month how is this fair. I have asked them to explain there penalty's they just say it's right there.. so if they decide to fine me 10, 000 dollars next month I think they feel they have the right to do so honestly if I could I go into foreclosure on this but my guess is they would hunt me down put a lean on the house I am looking for a class action suite or a attorney that could help me

14th of Mar, 2009

i would like to join the class action lawsuit against fairfield resorts

• Sc