Fairfield Resorts / I've paid for other people to stay in my &deeded& property while my family has had to stay home.

We purchased a "deeded property" with Fairfield Resorts in Las Vegas over a year ago. We have made over $7500 in payments to Fairfield and have received zero in return. At the sales meeting we were promised many things, none of which have been fulfilled. We were promised vacations with our family at a price we could afford and times convenient for us. NONE of this has happened. We purchased in Las Vegas because of our love of the city and our favorite pass time- NASCAR! We were told at the sales meeting that we would be able to stay at our "deeded" property for all Vegas NASCAR races and there were great parties on the site we could attend. After returning home from our big purchase weekend, I called Fairfield to book our exciting NASCAR weekend trip at no additional cost to me. You can imagine how upset I was when I was told by the reservation department that my husband and I could both go for the low price of $600-EACH! What happened to the FREE in this? I receive periodic calls from the Fairfield telemarketers with "great deals". I could have it all for the low price of! Low price of what??? I just sent your company my monthly payment of x dollars on top of the monthly maintenance fees.

I have since attempted to use my "deeded" property on 3 other occasions with at least 2 month notice, all were denied to due unavailability. My most recent request, submitted on-line on Dec. 19, 2006, I still have not received a response almost 2 weeks later. My phone calls today were rejected due to "high customer volume".

On top of not being able to use this space when I would like, I have spent thousands of dollars to pay for this "deeded" property which has limited my family in taking other vacations due to no money. I've paid for other people to stay in my "deeded" property while my family has had to stay home.

Va

More Fairfield Resorts Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ho
      1st of Mar, 2007

"Deeded week? Usually a deeded week such as mine has a definite date attached to it and there is no right of refusal of the resort to deny me the opportunity to use my week or any part of it if I choose. I receive a letter, sometimes, from my resort and they are asking if I am going to deposit my week or use it.. I have found it much easier to call them, fax them, email them and send a certified registered letter stating that I am going to use my unit or rent it out myself. That way there are no mistakes.. I have learned from experience with Fairfield that if it ain't in writing it ain't worth s_ _t. But if you have it in writing and proof that they are notified properly then they cannot deny the tenant's rights. I am interested in how you can get a deeded week without a specific date..Only in Las Vegas? Stayed there and enjoyed it greatly. Probably used your week! Nah, went through Interval World to go there on a get away..Hope you get satisfaction about your case..