Fairfax Cleaners - McLean, Virginia / Damaged clothing, money taken

If you live in Northern Virginia and are looking for a dry cleaning and laundering facility, I suggest you avoid FAIRFAX CLEANERS at 1447 Chain Bridge Road in McLean, Virginia unless you want your laundry damaged and your money taken, and you want to be verbally abused for the privilege.

FAIRFAX CLEANERS uses abrasive garment clips that attach to the button threads on your clothing and severally chafe at the threads holding those buttons in place. Then, when the buttons inevitably fall off, they charge you several dollars to repair the bottons on your clothing. It's a racket.

Furthermore, FAIRFAX CLEANERS has little to no regard for customer service, as evidenced by a recent experience I observed. I watched amazed as a customer was verbally abused and berated by the staff for -- get this -- simply asking that his garments be wrapped separately after cleaning. Naturally, I got out and never went back.

To summarize, if you want your clothing damaged and your money taken, and you want to be verbally abused for the privilege, then patronize FAIRFAX CLEANERS at 1447 Chain Bridge Road in McLean, Virginia.

Jo

Comments

• St
      20th of May, 2011
    Fairfax Cleaners - Poor Business Practices
    Fairfax Cleaners
    1447 Chain Bridge Road
    McLean
    Virginia

I was a regular Fairfax Cleaners customer for over two years until recently. Unfortunately, their business practices have slowly gotten worse. On several different occasions, my shirts have had starch stains which I could not get out. On at least two occasions my shirts were not fully cleaned. During my last visit to Fairfax Cleaners, I checked my shirts and two of them had stains and one still had "ring around the collar". The manager told me that starch stains are normal and then he attempted to scratch the stains out with his fingernail. He could not get the stain out and then he stated that maybe they could scrub the dirty collar. His attitude was defensive and extremely rude. I will never use this establishment again.