Faircall / rip-off

1 Provo, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8013731915

I made a pay phone call using my credit card at a gas station on 500 West in Provo, UT. No where was any information given as the charges of the pay phone. The telephone call lasted less than 4 minutes. About one month later, my credit/debit card was charged $11.27, which is outrageously high for 4 minutes.

Em

Comments

• Ge
      7th of Oct, 2008
    Faircall - overpriced phone charge
    faircall
    Taos
    New Mexico

$15.00+ for a 3 minute call from Taos to Red River, a total of 35 miles. 5 dollars a minute. Not shown on phone and a ridiculus charge

• Fa
      31st of Jan, 2009

On Christmas day I placed a local phone call from a pay phone that had "Local Calls $.50" clearly displayed. I now have a credit card charge of $15.14. My credit card company says they can't do anything so they gave me the Faircall customer service line. The first person I spoke to was rude to me and hung up on me after I asked to speak to a manager. The second person I spoke with refused let me speak with a manager and finally offered me $7.50 as a one time courtesy. I said that I wanted $14.64 back since I only inserted my card because I thought I was being charged 50 cents. I continued to make this request and said I was happy to wait to speak to a manager and then he finally put me on hold and hung up on me. This company has a good scam going because no one can ever prove them wrong and no one is a repeat customer.

• Sk
      6th of Feb, 2009

I also made a local phone call using a pay phone at the Clearfield Train station. The charge amount stated both in print on the Phone and stated verbally over the phone was susposed to be for $1. Then I see on my balance for my Debit card, a charge of $11.27 from Faircall. I rack my brain trying to think what this charge is and end up googling and and getting this website.

• Ar
      31st of Aug, 2011

Made a PayPal debit card call from a phone that quite clearly said "$1.00 per 4 minutes within the continental United States." Not only did I get charged $14.98 for that call, but I got an additional charge for $12.14 three days later without ever having made another phone call.

Fortunately, PayPal is awesome and they're disputing the charges on my behalf.