Faded Glory Jeans Company / Bad service

I recently bought a new pair of Faded Glory black jeans from Walmart. They are the stretch, straight leg, eased fit jeans. I have bought many pairs of Faded Glory jeans in the past and they always seem to fit and last for a long time. These, however, have a terrible odor. They have a chemical, musty smell. My husband and I both noticed it when I tried wearing them. I washed them thinking that it would help to get rid of the odor. To my surprise, when I took them out of the dryer they still smelled and everything that was washed with them smelled the same way. I sprayed them with Febreze and hung them outside in the cool air - no luck. They still smell. I am rewashing the other clothes with the hopes the smell will come out of them. How do you get rid of this terrible odor?

Pa
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Zo
      1st of Aug, 2017

Same here. they fit great but the chemical musty odor is terrible even after several washes. Everything i washed with it was infected alsoI I hung them outside and my other clothes luckily smelled better. Jeans however still stink. I bought a couple pairs. Theres this one in particular that reeks! Is the company doing anything about it?

• Be
      27th of May, 2016

I am absolutely outraged at faded glory! I am normally a size 16 and I had to buy a Size 20 shorts, on top of that since I liked the Bermuda shorts I had to pay 17 dollara and 5he super short ones are 7 dollars. Seriously this is absolutely ridiculous!!!$

28th of Aug, 2015

I currently wear the same jeans everyday for work and if you buy these jeans return them immediately please! I have really bad rashes all over my legs and they are so itchy also the black jeans color goes on my skin and they freakin smell really bad!!!

• Ke
      10th of Jul, 2015

I am right there with the comments about the jeans being made so cheaply. I bought a pair of tan capri's toward the end of the season last year so I only wore them once or twice. I pulled them out this spring, wore them 1 more time and washed them. When I put them out of the wash I was surprised to notice the jeans has split along the sides of both back pockets along the stitching. I tried to take them back to Walmart and showed them there must be a defect since they tore in the same placed on both sides after only being worn 3 times. Being last seasons inventory and without a receipt I could not get my money back or a replacement paid of jeans. They refused to return to faded glory to report the poor quality of the jeans.

• Cm
      28th of Mar, 2015

Why is it when majority of people are right handed is the hammer loop on the left hand side of all carpenter jeans?

• Ph
      11th of Dec, 2014

We bought some jeans online, manufactured across the big Pond, and yes, they smell like gasoline. I'm not interested at all in how to get the smell out. We just put the pants out in the garage where petrol-smelling stuff belongs. Meanwhile we are preparing to send them back to the good idea people who put the (most likely toxic) junk in the fabric. Don't get the smell out, get your money back...if possible. Consumers are expected to keep on lowering their expectations and just accept this kind of shady business. Instead, we should demand accountability and explanations.

30th of Mar, 2014

I have bought about 10 pairs of these jeans this last year and every single pair the pockets ripped out on. The jeans are still good but with out pockets they are useless. The pockets are made out of cheap material. [protected]@hotmail.com

• Ga
      28th of Jan, 2014

I am having the same problem with a pair of jeans made in China, but they aren't the Faded Glory brand. It smells disgusting, like really gross plaque mouth or something! It keeps getting worse with every time I wash them! They fit so good it's such a shame. They are stretch dark wash jeans "KanCan" is the brand.

• Da
      20th of Jun, 2013
    Walmart / Faded Glory Jeans - faded glory jeans
    walmart
    Salem
    Ohio

I bought a pair of faded glory jeans & the smell like cleaning fluid. I've washed them 3 times & still can't get the odor out. I can't return them without the tags & receipt.

• Up
      25th of Apr, 2013

I bought several pairs of little girls stretchy jeans. My daughter wore a pair and the same day the knees are ripped and in teh middle of the leg in the but has ripped. The bad thing is she only wore them the one day. I am so dissappointed that I can't buy jeans and my kid wear them for a while before they rip. Please response to upset mom. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Na
      24th of Sep, 2012

My husband wears this jeans and we have gone thru half a dozen pairs already.These jeans have a tendency to start splitting in the crotch area every time.Very tired of this.These jeans fit him great and he is comfortable but after a few washings and wearing them they do this.And it doesn't matter what color they are, they all do the same.

18th of Mar, 2012

Stinky Jeans!!! And washing them does nothing!
    I bought 2 pairs of $13 jeans from walmart light blue & dark blue. I feel bad for the Chinese ppl that have to work with this chemical!!

Faded glory needs to use normal dye, Chinese ppl are probably becoming violently ill because of this toxic crap (I know I would be). And duh, the customers don't like it either!!

F-ing faded glory, stop trying to save .05 of a cent (or whatever the number is) per pair of jeans, by using toxic smelling dye. I'd gladly pay $20 for these jeans, if they didn't f-ing stink. They fit great btw, BUT due to the smell they are unwearable. Thank you.

• Ji
      8th of Mar, 2012

We have bought several men jeans at walmart. And all of them have either ripped at the same belt loop or same place on right back pocket.ALL of them have done it. WE are very disappointed in them! Good price on the jeans and we see why, the rip and split in the same place on all the ones we bought!!!

• Ds
      19th of Jan, 2012

I cannot find the Faded Glory stretch jeans, #FL404178, I would love to order many more. Please tell me how.
    My Wal-Mart and the surrounding ones do not have that style anymore. [protected]@aol.com

• 0 Votes

i bought a pair and they fit so good and was so proud .but i wear size 16 aveg they was the strech style.i am sorrie to say down the center sem the material just split.i was wondering could the company replace my jeans.my add is 1201 gavin rd bonifay fla 32425, im very disopointed .i have no way to send pictures.

• Ro
      1st of Jan, 2012

Very Cheap jean's in workmanship, They rip so easy around the pocket area's, It's sickining.

• Ro
      1st of Jan, 2012

Yes To who this may concern. I've been buying faded glory jean's for many year's But now i know i'm going to swicth brand's, Because the last 8 pair's i got rip so easy, Mostly around the pocket's, It's like they have cheapined them so much, I'm very disapointed in the quaity of rthe jeans, So even if cost goes up i would suggest you try to put together a better jean, Thak-you and have a nice new year, Robbopo88 .

• Ze
      2nd of Dec, 2011

bad smell on black jeans. won't wash away or air doesn't help get rid of the smell.

• Ze
      2nd of Dec, 2011

i'm glad to see i'm not the only one complaining about the smelly black jeans. they can't be worn at all because of this. i have tried airing them outside and have washed them three different times. still smell bad.

• Co
      11th of Oct, 2011

THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT APPERANTLY THEY HAVE CHANGED THE WAY THEY MAKE THE JEANS. I HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL PAIR OF FADED GLORY BLUE JEANS. NOW I NEED SOME AND CANT FIND ANY TO FIT. THE SIZE THAT I HAVE HANGING IN THE CLOSET FIT PERFECTLY BUT I TRIED ON SEVERAL PAIR IN THAT SIZE AND NONE OF THEM FIT. I LIKE THE REGULAR FIT JEANS NOT THE RELAXED FIT SO I AM A LITTLE PICKY BUT I MEAN COME ON THIS IS REDICULOUS