Faded Glory Jeans Company / Bad service

I recently bought a new pair of Faded Glory black jeans from Walmart. They are the stretch, straight leg, eased fit jeans. I have bought many pairs of Faded Glory jeans in the past and they always seem to fit and last for a long time. These, however, have a terrible odor. They have a chemical, musty smell. My husband and I both noticed it when I tried wearing them. I washed them thinking that it would help to get rid of the odor. To my surprise, when I took them out of the dryer they still smelled and everything that was washed with them smelled the same way. I sprayed them with Febreze and hung them outside in the cool air - no luck. They still smell. I am rewashing the other clothes with the hopes the smell will come out of them. How do you get rid of this terrible odor?

Pa

Comments

• Fa
      14th of Sep, 2009

I was just looking for a site to compain about the same exact problem, with the faded glory black stretch jeans. I bought mine about a year or so ago and barely ever wear them because they smell so bad like oil or some chemical. I've gained some weight so because they are stretchy, I just tried them on again, forgetting about how they smelled. All of a sudden I noticed this black stuff all over my fingers and my stomach along with the smell. I thought this is some kind of oil. When I touched the zipper or the metal button, more would rub off onto my fingers. So I got a wipe and started to wipe the zippers and buttons and brads of both pairs I had and the stuff kept coming off and I have already washed these jeans at least ten times in the past, and yes they did make the other clothes washes with them also smell...each time. I read the tags again and realized that they were made in China. What is China trying to do to us. I think this needs to be checked out. Could this stuff be being absorbed into our skin and what kind of illness could it be causing. ???????

• Wa
      24th of Feb, 2010

I recently bought these black stretch jeans from Litchfield Wal-Mart (02-13-2010) that have that odor too. I've washed them 4 times now and also soaked them in vinegar. I put baking soda in last wash. It didn't take the smell out but it lightened it somewhat.
    I don't know what else to do with them. I love the way they fit, but I can't spray them down everytime with febreeze before I can wear them. Thats getting expensive.
    I've already thrown away my receipt. Bad thing is...I'm not in the habit of smelling my clothes before I buy them. I didn't notice the smell until I wore them the first time.

• Sh
      5th of Mar, 2010

I purchased several pair of their jeans and they were all fine except for the dark black pair of jeans - they had the same smell you guys reference. It reminded me of a carbon chemical type of smell associated with old copiers. I imagine it's the dye. I have washed them several times and the odor has not went away. I don't wear them because the smell ends up giving me a headache. ALSO, the first couple times I washed these a lot of dye came out of them and stained other things in the washer.

• Mo
      14th of Mar, 2010

OK, I've been through this two times already. I bought stretch jeans at Walmart, and the
    smell was horrible, except I didn't notice it until I got home.

So, I said OK, no problem, I will just wash them, and that smell will go away. Anyhow,
    I washed these jeans, and put them in the dryer over ten times and the smell got worse.

So, I just put them in the dumpster, and thought I should never buy jeans from Walmart
    again. Of course I wasted a lot of water and electricity.

Then, a few weeks later, I bought some stretch jeans from Kohl's, my favorite store. And,
    the same thing happened. I never noticed any smell, until I got home, and the same thing
    started over again.

I did wear the jeans once, after several washes, thinking it was just my imagination or something like that. However, the smell is still there, and I don't want to waste anymore
    money, like throwing them out. So, they have been hanging outside for several days, and
    that nasty smell will just not go away.

It was great to see that others have been experiencing the same problem. What can we
    all do about it?

• Je
      19th of Aug, 2010

The smell will disappear if you wear underwear and tend to your personal hygiene.

• Lf
      10th of Dec, 2010

returning my jeans today! they made me sick! I can see that is has been a problem for some time and is still problematic! Too bad there aren't laws against this like there are on food. I think these jeans are hazordous to our health!

• Am
      28th of Feb, 2011

Had the same thing happen to me. My jeans were Levi, bought at JC Penny, and made in China. The odor is VERY persistent, still present after several washings. I don't normally sniff jeans before buying, but I think I will start.

• Re
      23rd of Mar, 2011

I bought several pairs of faded glory jeans and have been for over ten years. They have changed the way they make there pockets. They must be thinner or something because all the pockets have ripped where they sewed to the pants. I have some older pairs that are 4 or 5 years old that the pockets are still holding up. This is the only brand of pants I have been buying for over ten years, but this might change things. Kevin

• Ca
      1st of Jun, 2011

I'm afraid I did the same as all of you above...it seems that walmart and the chinese manufacturers simply DO NOT CARE! And it isn't just black jeans...some of the denim colored pants are the same. It smells to me more like a strong gasoline based bug spray! Like all the rest of you, I can't find ANYTHING that takes out the smell. Hopeing to find a way to get rid of it somewhere on the net. Good luck to all of you and i know where I'm NOT buying pants or jeans anymore!

• Ex
      3rd of Jun, 2011

I do not buy my clothes anymore that are not made in America. Some of the one's I bought on the past have had holes in the pockets already and they were new. I am now buying online Made in America. I spend most of my time online when I need something because I want American made products not some cheap junk from China, India, Mexico or any other place. European items are still made with pride just like American made.

4th of Jun, 2011

Playtex bras, in one style or two, also have this terrible odor. I have come to think it is something that causes the stretch in the garments. I get sick smelling it. You cannot get rid of it no matter what you do. I bought a pretty doll with a lovely dress from a store and it was "made in china" and had the same stink. In that case there was nothing stretchy but the whole thing stunk.

• Le
      11th of Aug, 2011

Faded glory -- please go back to the seven belt loop system -- can't cost you that much -- if I have to pay a little more at least I get what I want. I bought one pair and was so dissatified with only five belt loops that I stopped buying your brand. Lee

• Co
      11th of Oct, 2011

THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT APPERANTLY THEY HAVE CHANGED THE WAY THEY MAKE THE JEANS. I HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL PAIR OF FADED GLORY BLUE JEANS. NOW I NEED SOME AND CANT FIND ANY TO FIT. THE SIZE THAT I HAVE HANGING IN THE CLOSET FIT PERFECTLY BUT I TRIED ON SEVERAL PAIR IN THAT SIZE AND NONE OF THEM FIT. I LIKE THE REGULAR FIT JEANS NOT THE RELAXED FIT SO I AM A LITTLE PICKY BUT I MEAN COME ON THIS IS REDICULOUS

• Ze
      2nd of Dec, 2011

i'm glad to see i'm not the only one complaining about the smelly black jeans. they can't be worn at all because of this. i have tried airing them outside and have washed them three different times. still smell bad.

• Ze
      2nd of Dec, 2011

bad smell on black jeans. won't wash away or air doesn't help get rid of the smell.

• Ro
      1st of Jan, 2012

Yes To who this may concern. I've been buying faded glory jean's for many year's But now i know i'm going to swicth brand's, Because the last 8 pair's i got rip so easy, Mostly around the pocket's, It's like they have cheapined them so much, I'm very disapointed in the quaity of rthe jeans, So even if cost goes up i would suggest you try to put together a better jean, Thak-you and have a nice new year, Robbopo88 .

• Ro
      1st of Jan, 2012

Very Cheap jean's in workmanship, They rip so easy around the pocket area's, It's sickining.

• 0 Votes

i bought a pair and they fit so good and was so proud .but i wear size 16 aveg they was the strech style.i am sorrie to say down the center sem the material just split.i was wondering could the company replace my jeans.my add is 1201 gavin rd bonifay fla 32425, im very disopointed .i have no way to send pictures.

• Ds
      19th of Jan, 2012

I cannot find the Faded Glory stretch jeans, #FL404178, I would love to order many more. Please tell me how.
    My Wal-Mart and the surrounding ones do not have that style anymore. dls2551@aol.com

• Ji
      8th of Mar, 2012

We have bought several men jeans at walmart. And all of them have either ripped at the same belt loop or same place on right back pocket.ALL of them have done it. WE are very disappointed in them! Good price on the jeans and we see why, the rip and split in the same place on all the ones we bought!!!