Facebook / my account was disabled

1 Staten Island, NY, United States Review updated:

On the morning that I sent a Happy Birthday message to my cousin, which was the last time I had posted anything, I went to go on my facebook account later that day and for some reason, Facebook disabled my account saying it wasn't authentic. I was dumbfounded...Of course, you couldn't reach anyone by phone so I sent an email and OF COURSE, never received a response. How can they say that it not authentic when it put my name on my account. I DONT GET IT!!! Now I have my friends thinking that I had deleted them off and I have to explain to over 100 friends what happened. FACEBOOK HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! It's a shame that a service that provides millions of people with the ability to stay in contact with family and friends has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! I have now gone back to MY SPACE which has my friends on there also...so I can pass the message on about the poor customer service that FACEBOOK has. I'm really upset over this.

Comments

• Gr
      10th of Jan, 2010

MY ACCOUNT WAS DISABLED AS OF YESTERDAY EVENING WITHOUT ANY WARNING WHATSOEVER, I GOT ON THIS RIGHT AWAY AND ALL I HAVE RECEIVED IS JUST ONE LOUSY EMAIL FROM THEM SAYING THEY ARE WORKING ON RESTORING MY ACCOUNT, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME AS I AM STILL FAIRLY NEW TO FACE BOOK, I JUST SIGNED UP IN JUNE OF 2009... I AM CURIOUS AS TO HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE THEM TO FIX THIS PROBLEM??? I HAVE A LOT OF PHOTOS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION ON MY PROFILE, I ALSO PLAY THE GAMES WITH MY FRIENDS AND HAVE PURCHASE SOME EXTRA STUFF TO ENJOY ! THIS IS NOT RIGHT AND SOMEONE SHOULD GET ON FACEBOOK FOR EXTREME POOR CUSTOMER SERVICES TO THIER CLIENTS...

• Da
      10th of Jan, 2010

Has anyone ever told that posting messages (and sending e-mails) using all capital (uppercase) letters is considered to be "shouting" and is very rude?

Rather than yell at the visitors to Complaints Board, why don't you ask Facebook how long it will take to fix the problem?

• Re
      19th of Jan, 2011

I made a dispute on my credit card MC 5424180719965771 Which I call my credit card and had the disputed charge removed and it will be put back on my charge within 24 hrs if you have any questions you can call them, so please release my vineyard account so that I can charge again on all of my accounts to buy WC, there was a mistake on my part

• Ad
      19th of Jul, 2012

I very much agree. Facebook customer service and complaint response is of the poorest quality. You would think with such a social network reaping great benefits from consumer use they would be more concerned with customer satisfaction and in particular when a consumer feels they have been wronged i9n some way. In my circumstance, I was accused of sending to many friend request to people I did not know, wish is not true. I only invite those I have several mutual friends with or suggestions from other friends or people who have showed an interest in me, etc... But I recently ask a guy friend I know to be my friend and his woman sent me a message that I didnt know him and I'm sure she has made a complaint. But where is my opportunity to respond to such an accusation.. Also, Facebook encourages to seek out old friends, classmates, etc., and sometimes those people may not remember you or it just may be a wrong name identification. How else are you to know if you don't ask?