Face To Face Technologies, Inc. / No response to order cancellation

1 Middletown, RI, United States Review updated:

Door to door magazine sales man. I made a purchase and then sent the cancellation. No repsonse from the business after 8 weeks, no magazines.

I figure this is fraud.

Anyone else dealt with these hucksters?

More Face To Face Technologies, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Di
      9th of Nov, 2008
    Face To Face Technologies, Inc. - not receiving magazine from subscription
    Miami Dream Team, Inc./FTFT
    PO Box 18352

I have not bought anything from someone selling door to door in a very long time. When this young man came along selling magazines subscriptions, I was very impressed by his ability to sway me into purchasing a subscription. Of course it wasn't until a week later that I was told FTFT was a scam and don't expect any magazine to come. So back to "No Thank You" and close the door.

• Sc
      20th of Nov, 2008

I dealt with them and cancelled within the 3 days and still haven't received my refund and it's since august. I was promised my refund by telephone conversation and am still waiting. I am soon considering legal action. The number is 1-888-888-9025 toll free. Try and call, just make sure you have a receipt number handy

• Ti
      26th of Nov, 2008

I used to work for this company, and the company itself is legit. What the problem is, is the little hood rats that they're so desperately hiring now. They take the money and pocket it and never turn the order in. More than likely, that's what happened. I know the owner personally and I know he strives to run this business as professionally as he can, but if I were you I would take legal action as well. He needs to know what his employees are apparently doing. Also, don't let them into your house! I can't tell you how many times I've heard people talking about all the stuff they stole from people's houses when they went in to sell them a magazine! They also operate without licenses.

• Li
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I would like my subscription to Readers Digest, or my money, amounting to 65.00. You will hear from me again!!!

• Am
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I also tried to cancel my subscription, but got the run around. Three months later I did receive a magazine- but the wrong one!

• Ge
      26th of Jan, 2009

I agree with the exact same text as described above. Readers Digest or my 79 year old mother's $65. I too you will hear from again.

• Dr
      17th of Feb, 2009

They had me in their system. They said it takes 90+ days to start.

• El
      10th of Mar, 2009

Never pay in cash. Then you can put a stop on the check.

• Va
      17th of Mar, 2009

I was a victim of this operation as well. I want my money back. I feel we need to get together and do something about this. What a fraud. I've tried calling to cancel and of course it does not match up.

• Wi
      19th of Mar, 2009

I am also having problems with them. They said i would be called and asked if I really wanted the subscriptions or not. They also said it would take 4 weeks to cash my check and it only took one week and I was never called.

I am going to try the toll free number soemone else left on this page!

• He
      4th of Apr, 2009

Just had one of them come to my door! Bought something of course because I am a teacher and I always try to support students but after she left had a bad feeling and went and found her (she did not get far) and asked for my check back!! Oh why do I have to be so trusting!!

1st of May, 2009

yes some came to my house asking for this face to face magazine ### and i though it was cool and all
    but what really happend was that i got decived into this face to face crap
    so now i got to call this number and cancel this ###
    and get my money back
    not only that i didnt get a recripe from this girl i met on this day only a name and email
    but now i got to go through this holy ### just to get it off my account from my bank
    what a ###ing mess
    did ya ll have to go through this ### as well

• Ka
      4th of May, 2009

yeah so i alwayssss say no to people like this. 2 guys came to me up to my car!! not even my door, I was trying to leave! I am a young women, 20 years old and I had my 6month old son with me too, you think they would feel bad & not do that! NOO! so the one time I say yes and sign up for something..I go to my husbands work & a guy he works with said he did it before and paid cash so he never got magazines or his money back. I went straight to the bank like 15 minutes after and cancelled my check, $33 is better then $85! I wish I could of found them and got my check back. I also read someones post saying that they cancelled the check and now they are getting calls from collection agencies saying they subscribed for it so they need to pay. Well I called the number on the back of my receipt and I press 3 to go to the cancellation lady and the inbox is full!! never again will I buy something like that! The guys were super nice too & I said if this is a scam please tell me & they were like no no..blahh blahh! ###s!

• Mu
      14th of May, 2009

i got a call from a local cop who stopped one of these salesman. she wasn't carrying her ID either. The website for face to face, american cash rewards or travel work play.com all are not functional. supposedly they are in a contest of some kind to raise money for a trip or something. I did call 303-531-7676 (travelworkplay) and inquired about the program and magazines without leading them on too much. I gave them the saleman code number, the salesman puts next to their name. Then the lady on the phone confirmed the salesman name to that salesman number so i knew she was indeed one of their people. It still seemed legit from that perspective.
    Like i was saying, the most suspicious thing was that she had no picture ID on her. Ask for that. I didn't. That, and the fact NONE of the websites associated with this program are functioning!
    I only ordered 1 magazine so I wouldn't get ripped off too bad if it came down to it. The girl looked to be about 18/19 years old, if that.

29th of Jul, 2009

i was hooked yesterday. I told the seemingly innocent girl that I could not donate much due to my own poor situation(i'm a student, trying hard to gather the tuition for the next semester). The girl begged me to order. She told me I could cancel it after I paid her. She also left her own number in case I need further assistance. When she left, I found none of the number listed, including her cell, is working.
    I wonder why such companies ever exist in the country, why no one investigate such companies and stop them creating more scams.
    The 888 number someone left here is not working either. I'm suspecious maybe some of the message leavers are from the company too.

• Su
      30th of Jul, 2009

Two guys to the door, nice as hell, helped them out. Read these board messages and suddenly felt a distrust for the human race.
    Caught up with them and got my check back no questions.
    I feel rotten if they were just trying to better themselves, but safe.
    Im a positive person and a believer in people but i value having peace at mind.

• Vi
      30th of Jul, 2009

I found a website where this company does their hiring. I posted my complaint there as well as every other site I could find! I am going to comtinue till they give my money back! Anyone wanting any other sites I find please email me! If enough of us complain as loudly as we can maybe this will stop! Here is the web address for the hiring site!

• Vi

Sorry forgot to leave my email...v623secrets@aol.com
    You reading this FTF? WTF, give us our money back already!

• Mo
      5th of Aug, 2009

Well I have just been a member of this scam am a single mother of two asked the gentleman to leave several times and he said i just need u to write three of them down and and extra just for points. Well I did he came back a week later and found my babysitter there told her I ordered these magazines and needed to pay, my sitter wrote the check out he told her if i wanted to cancel i could do so and it would take at least 2 weeks for my check to go through took four days and it was out of my acct was done on a friday and by tues when i wanted to do a stop payment it had already cleared. I have called every number several times and sent in the cancellation w in three days as well and still get no response from the company and my bank is telling me there is nothing they can do about it bc i signed the check well i left the check there for my sitter to go to walmart and get food not pay for magzines i never ordered. Any one that knows ne way to help me get my money back please email me at mommakell2161012@yahoo.com... your help is greatly appreciated bc my sitter must think i am rich the total purchase was 263 and i can not afford that w the two children at home...

• Fe
      6th of Aug, 2009

I to was a victim. I never buy from those types of salespeople but the girl was so sweet and convincing. I felt wrong after and could not find her to cancel it and get my check back. I followed instructions on back of my receipt and mailed in my cancellation that same day. I emailed several times, now today they cashed my check. Every time I call I get the same recording. Now I feel like an idiot and basically took the food out of my kids mouth. I feel so bad, I told them in an email to refund my money ASAP or I will be forced to get a hold of a lawyer.