Fabrik / I will not recommend this company to any one

1 1830 East Warner AvenueSanta Ana, CA, United States Review updated:

I Bought this external harddrive (simpletech) 500G, about two weeks ago I have stored over 5, 000 files (music kb). And one day I plugged in the external hard drive to my laptop and is only showing 2, 235.00 what happened to my other files?. They were all in the external harddrive once I unplugged the external harddrive from laptop. The laptop is not reading the external -harddrive so now I lost all the 2, 235.00. so I have to start from scratch again ..thanks to simpletech..

I'm not very happy about the product at all, I will be taking it back to local store to get refunded. I will tell local friends and family and co-workes about the product. I thought I bought a solution to my problem due to laptop can handle to many files. Eventually it became costly and not effectively.

Other thing was that I been calling the customer support [protected] took me three (3) hours in the morning and one (1) hour in the afternoon,

I will not recommend this company to any one .."you want problems, you could buy simpletech as the name says it all". (Not)

Va

Comments

• Cm
      15th of Aug, 2008

This sounds all too familiar. On 7-16-08 bought two (2) SimpleTech FP-UFE2/1TB Duo Pro External Hard Drives through TigerDirect.com. I also purchased the extended warranty for both. One started right up-- no problem. The second one wouldn't even boot. When I contacted TigerDirect, they said to go directly to SimpleTech and gave me a phone number to their tech support. I called SimpleTech and was on hold for 15 minutes before speaking to a human. He directed me to fill out their online form to get a RGA (Return Merchandise Authorization). I did so and received a response with RMA two days later. I followed the directions and sent the item to them and have not heard back from them since. I have called repeatedly and have been on hold with recorded music for hours. The above post doesn't make me feel too confident about even the good hard drive I have. What a waste of time and money! Never again. Buyer beware! Posted 8-15-08.