Fabri-Tex / Unauthorized credit card charge!

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Fabri-Tex also got me. $4.95 unauthorized charge. I have done a little research and wondering if it is coming from me purchasing my credit report from Equifax. Many others have also done the same and shortly after had the charge. I have reported to the BBB Houston, [redacted].com and Equifax. Canceled my debit card and they are investigating.

Ju

Comments

• Mi
      12th of Dec, 2007
    Fabri-Tex - Fraud
    Texas
    Fabri-tex.net

Fabri-Tex made an unauthorized charge to my credit card in the amount of $2.95. I have never heard of this company or been to their website prior to my learning of their fraud. They make these unauthorized charges in small amounts hoping you won't notice the transaction on your itemized monthy credit card statements. If you do an internet search, you will find more victims of their scam. I have already alerted my credit card company of this scam.

The local police department in which this 'company' supposedly operates is aware of the scam.

Beware of Fabri-Tex and their internet phishing scam and call your credit card company right away if you discover you have become a victim of their scam.

• Fr
      20th of Dec, 2007

I was charged $6.95 and I don't know why or who or what this is. I will contact Equifax to report this and also my credit card company to let them know what is going on. Equifax is the only company that has this card number so the only thing that i can think of is it's coming from them.

• Da
      21st of Dec, 2007

Had similar experience recently with a company called usefulmart.com

The following is a lengthy, but extrememly informative look at the type of scam that used my card---yours may be a similar situation:

Cancel that card ASAP---the fact is that someone was able to use your card info to have a purchase authorized...

• Va
      23rd of Dec, 2007
    Fabri-Tex - Unauthorized billing!
    15255 Gulf Freeway
    Houston
    Texas
    Phone: 832-519-1980
    www.fabritex.com

It seems I'm not alone in this rip off from the company 'Fabri-tex'. It appears fairly new, and I also had the $4.95 taken out of my account without authorization. I noticed another person mentioned they had just purchased an Equifax product around the same time this charge showed up. So did I. In fact, it was part of the Hillsack Class Action Settlement that I redeemed free 'Scorewatch'. I'm wondering if anyone else out there purchased an Equifax product around the same time this happened...

• Le
      29th of Dec, 2007

FABRI-TEX STRIKES AGAIN. THIS IS THE SECOND MONTH I MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED $4.95 BY THIS COMPANY. I TRIED CALLING THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED ON MY STATEMENT AND IT WAS "TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE". 832-519-1980

MY CARD COMPANY IMMEDIATELY CREDITED THE CHARGE. I WILL ASK IF THEY CAN BLOCK THIS VENDOR.

• Hi
      31st of Dec, 2007
    Fabri-Tex - Fraud
    Fabri-Tex

I've never heard of this company and saw a charge on my account. I googled the name and came up with several similar complaints. I did use equafax several month ago but have no idea how they got my number or who they are. I'm also upset that the authorities have been made aware of this scam but it has continued to happen.

• Er
      2nd of Jan, 2008

I recently received my chase credit card bill and had 2 unauathorized charges. One from some company called USEFULMART.COM-- did a little research, found out it's some sort of etrade book store. Never heard of them nor did I order anything from them. The 2nd. one was from WWW.ASKNET -SHOPS.COM. Also an etrade computer book store. I called my credit card company and had the charges reversed and cancelled the old card. They are to issue me a new card with a new number. This sort of thing is becoming rampant. Last year some one got into my online bank account, thank goodness that caught it in time or I would have had my account robbed. NO more on line banking for me.

4th of Mar, 2008

I too have received a credit card bill with a transaction from Www.asknet-shops.com for £44.48 and I have nevr heard of them before.

• Ha
      12th of Apr, 2008

your should never have to pay for your credit report(s) from all three companys. never put your credit card info on these sites because they will automatically sign you up for "credit montoring" and they never do a darn thing for you. go to free credit report .com once a year and get all three for free, this site is sponsored by the government

• De
      14th of May, 2008

has anyone received the free score watch? they have till june 2nd 2008 and i have not gotten mine yet. i registered that day i got the document in the mail so i bet they wait till June 2nd to send anything out.

• De
      31st of Jul, 2008

I have been billed 3 times on consecutive days this month for £11.98 from www.Asknet - Shops.Com I have not purhased anything from them and cannot understand how they got my Visa details. Has anyone else been ripped off by this so called company and what can be done about it?

• Mr
      26th of Sep, 2008

You may be interested to know that Www.asknet-shops.com are taking money for a range of sowftware houses and have this problem a lot, let me explain why because I thought I had been ripped off, but with a little research found out that it was in fact a correct charge.

This is why, because customer A buys a piece of software online, or an upgrade with a company called B, but a month later when the Credit Card bill comes in, the CC charge & bill shows that charge is being taken from a company called C. ( the customer thinks, I dont remember buying anything from company C, and whether or not the customer forgets or remembers the real purchase with company B, they only see the charge from a company (company C) that they do not recall using, so think its an issue.

Also, look look at the date the charge was made and correspond this date with your email to see if there is a receipt for an online order there.

Do any of you for example use Steganos software for example, because Asnet process payments for them for a start, hope this helps

• Lo
      9th of Apr, 2010

I was able to catch it live at they tried to charge my card online. I was looking at my account as i navigated the site charges started appearing. Called the bank got it cleared up before it got out of hand. Two charges from www.asknet-shops.com for 45.98 <-- never heard of them nor purchased anything but a carfax online. not even minutes after there was a 1.oo dollar playstation charge. We don't even own one.