Ezmen Tourizm / Oludeniz Weddings / Our special day was ruined by an incompetent wedding planner!

1 Turkey Review updated:

If anybody is planning a wedding in Olu Deniz, Turkey, avoid a company called Ezmen Tourizm/Oludeniz Weddings/Oludeniz Beach Weddings. We had one hell of a time dealing with Moira Stewart, so-called “wedding planner”, and her boss Erdinch.- and a terrible experiences followed. If you want to enjoy your wedding day, and the time leading up to it, avoid this company!!!

Our wedding was held 2 months ago and we are very disappointed with the service we obtained. After contacting the company well in advance we were assigned the help (yeah right) of Moira Stewart to assist in the preparation of our wedding. She was to be our person on the ground in Turkey while we were in the UK. We explained to her exactly what we wanted and Moira kept assuring us that there was no need to worry and that “everything was taken care of”. Instead we were forced to organize everything just 4 days ahead of the ceremony.

Here’s a brief list of the more serious events that went wrong:
-Our original “venue” was little more than a pub (Sea Breeze reception!).
-Our guests were forced to catch a taxi to the ceremony after the company forgot to pick them up.
-We were charged 5 times more than the local rate for everything.
-Our first dance was ruined by wide cracks between the floorboards at the venue.
-My bouquet had brown edges and the flower color was different to the color theme of the entire wedding (we got blue instead of purple). In fact our entire color theme was ignored.
-Our video footage is comparable to that taken by a 6-year old, and many of the photos are out of focus.

At the end of the day what matters is getting a legal marriage – and these guys couldn’t even provide that! They informed us 2 days before the ceremony that the paperwork we provided wasn’t correct (despite it being legal in other countries). We held a ceremony for all our guests who had traveled a long way, but got legally married in UK later.

We trusted to Ezmen Tourizm/Oludeniz Weddings with the most important day of our life, and what did we get out of it? We spent thousands of pounds only to receive service that was appalling. If you are thinking of dealing with Ezmen Tourizm/Oludeniz Weddings or have enlisted there services and have time left before the wedding to find someone else to plan your wedding, please run!!!

Li

Comments

• Ev
      21st of Nov, 2007

I do not agree with this complain. I work together with the people from Oludenizweddings.com and they are know for being one of the best wedding planners in Turkey... therefore i will post the reply from Moira Stewart as she has replied on tripadvisor.. If i read her reply it seems like a lot of the trouble you had can be blamed on yourself. Fair is fair!!

Dear Enesh,

I respond to your allegations as follows:

· You failed to mention you were a Turkmenistan citizen living on a temporary visitor’s visa in the UK. As such, this does not allow you to marry a foreigner under any country’s law – a fact you were well aware of when you approached our company and one that you failed to bring to our attention.

· We sell weddings in Turkey, not consular services. We will willingly marry any couple in Turkey PROVIDING THEY HAVE THE CORRECT PAPERWORK. We instructed you clearly as to the paperwork required and suggested you also contact the Turkmenistan Embassy in the UK for guidance.

· You were required to obtain a Certificate of No Impediment to marry a foreigner in a foreign country. You obtained a document that allowed you to marry a Turkmenistan National in Turkmenistan – this is clearly not the same thing. To satisfy our requirements, we also requested you fax your final paperwork to us two weeks prior to the wedding. You chose not to - a hefty risk considering this was your wedding don’t you think?

· It is also highly difficult for a Turkmenistan National to marry a foreigner. The most stringent criteria states that a foreigner wishing to marry a Turkmenistan National must reside in the country for at least 12 months and own his or her own premises. Should this not have been disclosed to us at the time of booking, particularly if your partner did not meet these requirements?

Further:
    · You chose the wedding venue yourselves from a range of venues. At the time of booking I suggested an alternative venue I felt was more suitable for you, but you “insisted” on the Sea Breeze.

· You also chose your bridal flowers - you speak (supposedly) fluent Turkish and personally agreed the color scheme with the florist .

· Private transfers were agreed for you and your bridal party from TWO hotel pickup points. Your guests were not at the designated collection point so the driver left.

· You were sold a complete wedding package for 15 guests which included a private beach ceremony in decorated marquee, full bridal flowers, wedding arch, photography, video, private car transfers, Marriage Registrar (yes at your request), champagne toast, 3-course meal in top Oludeniz waterfront restaurant, wedding cake, Wedding Album with 50 photos & CD. You paid well under £2,000 for a full service wedding including wedding planner. What would this have cost in the UK??

· Cracks in Floorboards – Oh Please! This is Turkey….our venues are casual but charming. Oyster Residence is a divine boutique restaurant on the waterfront in Oludeniz – built in traditional style and renowned as one of the best venues in the area. It offers beautiful décor & stunning views of the Mediterranean and also happens to be one of our more popular reception venues. Which you chose!!!

· The photography for the wedding was beautiful and the quality speaks for itself. I would gladly refer anybody to the link of your wedding photos which we have featured on all of our wedding websites. Though I sympathize with your feelings of disappointment, I resent your cowardly decision to slander us for the problems which were essentially of your own making.

Moira Stewart,
    Wedding Planner.

24th of Nov, 2007

I disagree with the complaint - it sounds personal to me and therefore not objective. If you wanted such a perfect wedding why get married in Turkey which though a beautiful country is really not that advanced in terms of providing the highest quality of service etc.. you only spent £2000 on your wedding and you are moaning? If it was such an important day why not get married in the UK or in your home county? I do hope you now have the correct paperwork to entitle you to stay in the UK !

• En
      5th of Jan, 2008

To Moira Stewart - "wedding planner" in Ezmen Tours, Turkey

**We run a highly professional and successful wedding and tourism business in Turkey and I strongly disagree with your comments as they lack truth. **
    Feel free to disagree or agree on my points. Everything that’s written is TRUE and FACTUAL. Why would I go out of my way to warn others if it wasn’t?

** You failed to mention you were a Turkmenistan citizen living on a temporary visitor’s visa in the UK. As such, this does not allow you to marry a foreigner under any country’s law – a fact you were well aware of when you approached our company and one that you failed to bring to our attention.
    • We sell weddings in Turkey, not consular services. We will willingly marry any couple in Turkey PROVIDING THEY HAVE THE CORRECT PAPERWORK. We instructed you clearly as to the paperwork required and suggested you also contact the Turkmenistan Embassy in the UK for guidance. **

My UK visa status is not relevant to the discussion. Is your Australian nationality or your age, etc, relevant to the discussion? You were aware of both my partner’s and my citizenship from our initial correspondence (we still have the emails to prove it). We had our documents ready far in advance, were repeated told no to worry about it until closer to the time, and that you had it all under control. You “sell weddings” and it’s your job to be in change for someone’s Special Day. Couples trust you with this and expect help from you as a “wedding planner”; specifically to avoid the disappointment and ruined wedding that we experienced.

** You were required to obtain a Certificate of No Impediment to marry a foreigner in a foreign country. You obtained a document that allowed you to marry a Turkmenistan National in Turkmenistan – this is clearly not the same thing. To satisfy our requirements, we also requested you fax your final paperwork to us two weeks prior to the wedding. You chose not to - a hefty risk considering this was your wedding don’t you think? **
    Check your dates; it was just 3 days before my flight to Turkey that I became aware of your fax request. Check the email from my husband on the 19th.

** It is also highly difficult for a Turkmenistan National to marry a foreigner. **
    Only if they go through your company.

** The most stringent criteria states that a foreigner wishing to marry a Turkmenistan National must reside in the country for at least 12 months and own his or her own premises. **
    This only applies to weddings in Turkmenistan and is not relevant here.

** Should this not have been disclosed to us at the time of booking, particularly if your partner did not meet these requirements?
    Further:
    • You chose the wedding venue yourselves from a range of venues. At the time of booking I suggested an alternative venue I felt was more suitable for you, but you “insisted” on the Sea Breeze. **
    2 Venues is not a range, and the photos you provided show only a limited amount and not the general demeanour of your locations.

** You also chose your bridal flowers - you speak (supposedly) fluent Turkish and personally agreed the colour scheme with the florist . **
    I’m not Turkish and don’t speak Turkish. The colour scheme emailed to you (and confirmed by you) weeks in advance. We didn’t expect to try and organise flowers 3 days before the wedding. This was your job as a wedding planner.

**• Private transfers were agreed for you and your bridal party from TWO hotel pickup points. Your guests were not at the designated collection point so the driver left. **
    We have video footage of you asking where our guests are since they hadn’t arrived. They were at the pickup point waiting for transport until they were forced to find their own way there.

** You were sold a complete wedding package for 15 guests which included a private beach ceremony in decorated marquee, full bridal flowers, wedding arch, photography, video, private car transfers, Marriage Registrar (yes at your request), champagne toast, 3-course meal in top Oludeniz waterfront restaurant, wedding cake, Wedding Album with 50 photos & CD.
    You paid well under £2,000 for a full service wedding including wedding planner. What would this have cost in the UK?? **
    We weren’t marrying in the UK; we were marrying in Turkey, spending our entire savings on what should have been our dream wedding. Also, check your numbers as we paid over £2000.

** Cracks in Floorboards – Oh Please! This is Turkey….our venues are casual but charming. Oyster Residence is a divine boutique restaurant on the waterfront in Oludeniz – built in traditional style and renowned as one of the best venues in the area. It offers beautiful décor & stunning views of the Mediterranean and also happens to be one of our more popular reception venues. Which you chose!! **
    Turkey does have great venues, and it should have been a great location for our wedding. We commented prior to the day that something had to be done, and even suggested adding a large carpet. Several pairs of heels were damaged, including mine, after our concerns were ignored.

** The photography for the wedding was beautiful and the quality speaks for itself. I would gladly refer anybody to the link of your wedding photos which we have featured on all of our wedding websites.Though I sympathise with your feelings of disappointment, I resent your cowardly decision to slander us for the problems which were essentially of your own making. **
    Some of the photos are very good, many have poor lighting, and many are in poor focus. But the video is the main criticism here! Most of the speeches aren’t filmed at all, or were at best only partially filmed.

** We are a well-established tourism company with a strong reputation in the Oludeniz area. The enthusiastic testimonials of our many happy customers provide abundant support to our claims of providing quality weddings at highly competitive rates -- and cast doubt on the real motives of your public complaint. **
    While you may have satisfied many other customers you disappointed us greatly. Others can read your testimonials all they want, and they can also see how you treat those who aren’t happy with your service.

At the end of the day this forum is to share good and bad experiences with everyone. I just want other brides/grooms to be aware of what happened with my experience. All brides deserve a planner who will be a wonderful help, and not the nightmare that we received.

• Ri
      5th of Jan, 2008

As a guest of the wedding I can confirm some of the complaints. I was unaware until I read this post that the bride and groom were not legally married - I can say they are now! It also explains several frantic weeks by both of them.
    The bride looked beautiful on the day, but some of her comments were far from ordinary. Her always-positive attitude was missing everytime a coordinator came near.
    I attributed many of the problems to "things that just happen at weddings", but there were so many of them it did surprise me a bit. There's clearly bad-blood both ways and I'm not getting involved here. Anyway, I was not picked up from my hotel, and waited there from 15:55 to 16:40 (pickup should have been 16:00) and caught a taxi with other guests to make sure i made the ceremony. Our taxi followed the wedding car carrying the bride herself. She was clearly disappointed that everyone saw her before she even had a chance to walk down the aisle, and.i guess we just made it...
    The purple colour theme was clearly not followed with dyed blue flowers been given to the bride. The reception venue chosen was beside the water and had good food; but drinks, etc were a long time coming, weren't there for the toasts, and I saw and ordered bottles to be brought there myself from both wedding coordinators and waiters. Even the normally emotionally-controlled groom was clearly unhappy dealing with the coordintaors. His comment at the end surprised me too - something about whether the company owner would even pass on the money to the interpreter (who did a great job and should be hired!). That's not the man I've known for so many years. The wedding speeches were very emotional, and since they hadn't been rehearsed clearly came from the heart - this is what I believe made the wedding great. Bride's words for her husband still sound in my ears (I only wish I had a guy like that).
    The venue was not suitable for dancing - and the bridesmaid (who we were told is a proffessional dancer) had problems at times with her dances. The newlyweds first dance was esentially a non-event, and the bride almost twisted her ankle jus twalking onto the floor - but there was a good catch by her husband to save the day.
    I know of several other things that went wrong (such as missing photos of their youth, which still haven't been returned, and a wedding cake that was mostly eaten by hotel staff instead of being delivered to family as directed) but these seem small compared to the obvous big one here. Considering the larger problems they faced I can see how their whole experience has been soured by the dealings. I've also seen the paperwork that was used in the second marriage, the same paperwork as was to be used in the first. Guess if you knock out down enough walls you take down the building ...
    Anyway, good luck to the bride and groom; hopefully your future together will be amazingly strong considering the difficult start you've been forced to eendure. You two are definitely perfect for each other, and your determination to marry an inspiration for us all.