Ezeego One Travels and Tours Pvt Ltd. / Fraud & cheating!

India Review updated:
I have booked a flight in domestic airline with my ICICI Bank gold credit card through Ezeego1 using it's online portal (www.ezeego1.com) on 12th Oct 2007. According to the Cash Back offer, Ezeego1 was supposed to refund me back the 25% of the basic fare into my credit card account within 7 days of purchase of the ticket.

But, its more than 15 days since I am waiting for the cash back. I called up their customer care but nobody is picking up the phone. I even sent mails and registered online complaint but of no avail. There is no response from Ezeego1. It seems they are simply into cheating people by luring them of great savings.

The irony is in this fraud ICICI Bank is also involved indirectly by endorsing such a company for the sake of more uses of their credit cards. So my this complaint is against them as well. I even called up ICICI customer care but they refused to help saying I should contact the merchant only.

So I advise people not to fall into such traps and keep themselves away from such companies. It's quite frustrating.

Amitabh.

Comments

An
  19th of Nov, 2007
I'd booked a flight ticket on October 9 for a December 13 flight using ICICI credit card. Never received an E-ticket(or any other form of the ticket). Called, emailed, sent online notifications, but to no avail... Finally got them on phone once, someone picked up after 25 minutes of waiting on the toll free number.. All she could tell me was that the ticket was yet to be purchased!!! And that they'll get back to me with more info... But again no news from them.. Called them again and again and again... Finally got them on phone again and came to know that they never purchased the ticket !!!! It was already more than a fortnight(Oct 26), so, I asked for canceling the transaction... They said they'll be processing the cancellation and refund the money in 7 days. I got an acknowledgment mail against the cancellation immediately.. To my utter surprise, I received a call from THE EZEEGO a couple of days after I'd canceled!!! Obviously the person who'd called was not aware of the cancellation... However, I told her about it and that was it. Since then I've been waiting for the refund.. Its been over 25 days not and I'm yet to get the refund.. Checked with ICICI and they said no refund yet!!!
Vi
  22nd of Nov, 2007
Hi,

This is Vivek. i had booked a ticked on 9th Oct to travel on Dec,10th. This was under indigo airlines. Reference no: NCGICR... i had paid through icici Platinum card. As per their offer, i should have got the cash back within 7 days, but now it is above 1 month, and i didnt got any cash back. I had contacted to ICICI bank guys, and they suggested to contact ezeego. I had also tried to contact ezeegoguys, but in vain. As when ever we call, it always puts us on hold , and finally i cut off after 25-30minutes of waiting.

Can anyone suggest what should we do now...

Thanks.
Pr
  6th of Dec, 2007
Yes i agree that Ezeego1.com is a real ### to shop tickets on. They have not kept their promise of sending cash back within 7 days also their customer service is the worst one can get.

Regarding the cash back, i did receive the full 25% cash back but that happened after 20 days. Also, if you have booked return flight then you will get two separate cash backs separated by a weeks time.
Ga
  13th of Jan, 2008
There seems to be a hell lot of cases where we, the customers feel cheated. Can't we do something together against this??? Please see the following as well -

28th of Jan, 2008
As per telecom with Mr. Srivastava the issue has been resolved. The cash against booking with ICICI card has been credited to the card holder's account.

Ezeego One Team.
Mo
  31st of Jan, 2008
Well, I am also one from the same league of ppl who feel cheated. I booked my return tickets to Mumbai on 23rd Nov from EzeeGo1.co.in . The ticket which I was sent on email, was not complete. I repeatedly made calls and sent out mails to the customer care but failed to reach any of them. But fortunately, I checked my transactions history on the website where i could find the PNR numbers of the flight details and got my tickets downloaded from the airline's website.

Its been a month now that I completed the journey. Like other customers, I too booked the ticket under 50% cash back offer but I am yet to receive any of this even after 3 months from the booking and 1 month after the travel.

And now, for the last one week I have been trying to get through their numbers as listed on website but cannot get through. More so, when I dial the number 022-28529309, I get to know the number has been changed. I get the feeling like banging on the shutters of the shut down shop and there is no one out there to listen.

And pissed off with all this, I am seriously considering taking this case to Consumer Court and report this to some responsible media. I am based in Noida and CNN IBN headquarters are located near by. I know one contact there.

So I request you to all of out there who have been duped of this cash back offer by EzeeGo ppl to come forward and lodge their complaint here. We can take this forward and report this to Consumer Court against the EzeeGo services.

Regards,
Mohit Arora
Mo
  31st of Jan, 2008
Cool! Minutes after posting my complaint here, the EzeeGo guys have responded and assured that they have credited the amount in my account which will be reflected in 7 working days.

So, go ahead and lodge your complaints here and drop in a mail to the EzeeGo team from this portal to get your concerns resolved.

Cheers!
Ja
  3rd of Feb, 2008
I agree to the complaints posted by people here.

I had cancelled a flight ticket which I had booked with Ezeego Travels on 24th Dec. Its been more than 1 month since it has been done and I have not recd any refund yet. The call cente is really pathetic and each person that I get to speak to just keeps delaying the refund date.

I am fed up with us and I am really thinking of putting this case in the media. These people think that they can do anything with our money!!!
  23rd of Feb, 2008
Dear Mr. Agrawal,

Greetings from Ezeego1.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in processing the cashback and the inconvenience caused as a result. As discussed over phone and via email, we wish to inform you that your cash back of Rs. 1560.5 has been processed on 12/12/2007.

Should you need any further clarification / assistance please write to us at enquiry@ezeego1.com.

Team Ezeego1
Aj
  26th of Feb, 2008
I made a set of bookings through ezeego. I had several problems. First some PNR numbers never came through and I was charged on my cc. Ezeego refunded after a couple of reminders.

After that on another occasion, I had to cancel some of my tickets by calling the airlime (as ezeego recommends). The airlines advised me that the payments would be refunded back to me. However ezeego did not refund the amounts I was charged. They also did not give the promised cashback against tickets I travelled on. When I complained, they refer to a completely different older refund that they made and refuse to respond to further mails.

I'm pissed off, and planning to start a campaign against ezeego1 locally in Bangalore over email. I also plan to take this to consumer court. It's 2+ months and 3 iterations of complaints have not helped. As far as I can see this company is a complete fraud. I think we should also raise this with Cox & Kings which is the prime investor in ezeego1. Please send me a mail if you'd like to join in this campaign

Regards,
Ajit
ajitr@ti.com
Aj
  28th of Feb, 2008
I was very pleasantly surprised to get a call from Ezeego the same day that I posted this mail. The caller Pallavi profusely apologized for the inconvenience caused, took my details and called back and confirmed the refund to my cc. She also followed up this morning with the cash back refunded into my cc. I'm happy to note that the company is spending some of it's money in hiring customer friendly agents such as Pallavi and making an attempt to satisfy customers.

I wish I didnt have to go through this unpleasant business of threatening ezeego. It wouldnt have happened if they had soem good infrastructure in place to deal with refunds. As an example I've seen very prompt automatic refunding by IRCTC (rail booking site) whenever there are mistakes, refunds, cancellations etc.

Thanks to ezeego all the same,

Ajit
ajitr@ti.com
  29th of Feb, 2008
Dear Mr. Rao,

Greetings from Ezeego1.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in processing the refund against your Cancellation Request and cash back. We regret the inconvenience caused as a result. As discussed over phone and via email, we wish to inform you that your refund of Rs. 7572 against cancellation and Rs. 1249.5 against cash back has been processed on 27/02/2008.

The same should get credited into your account within the next 3-4 working days.

Team Ezeego1
Ni
  16th of Mar, 2008
Hi
I have the same problem...Its been 3 months that I had booked a ticket on the BOM-CCU sector through ezeego portal. I cancelled one of the tickets and am still awaiting the entire refund. I have spent more than 4/5 hours on the phone with their customer service which is abysmal and also written e-mails - but all has landed on deaf ears it seems.
The details are here: Date: Dec 07, 2007 and return on Dec 11, 2007. Ticket no for
the BOM-CCU sector was 0585624509684, this was on Indian. The return was on INdigo (PNR KG68BN). passenger's name is Nilanjana Biswas. The complaint no was 14719
I hope we can start a movement and get this portal shut down. They should not be allowed to just steal in broad daylight !!

Nilanjana Biswas
  26th of May, 2008
HI,

i never expected that the issue can be so big just as i read above.
I am one victim of ezeego's carelessness and worst customer service.
I had made a hotel booking through ezeego on 21st April and cancelled it on 23rd April when it was still in pending status.
The details of the booking are: reference no EZR-2008-273030
I was told by ezeego customer care that within 7 days i will get my money back, but its aleady more than a month now and there are no signs of any refund in my account.
The worst part is, whenever i call their customer care, every person will give me an assurance of 24 hrs, 48 hrs or 72 hrs..They made all promises...asked me trust their word of mouth and so on.
But these people didint even care to get back to me and tell what is teh exact status of my money and why is it stuck.
I have made so many bookings thru ezeego, i never expected that this wiould happen to me also.
I dont know whether i should take it as a case of fraud or what, but would definitely like to discuss with you guys as to what can be done and how can we go ahead and claim our long-held money from them...

Suvidha
  30th of Jun, 2009
I got 3 sms for transaction from my credit card by ezeego one travels mumbai while I am in pune of rs 9136, 11948, 9790 but i have not made this. ezeego travels is fraud who is data thief of credit card data or data phishing.
  16th of May, 2012
I have booked Mumbai to Kolkata flight on 14th May, on that day it was showing as 50% cash back, and i even called their customer care and spoke to Vishal from the team, and he also confirmed the same.
Now after 2 days, i got only 350 rs. credited to my account, on calling customer care, the lady told me that its was trapping ?? .. .. what does they mean by trapping, are they trying to dupe customers by hiding details . I would really like to take it up seriously with the company, as i dont want others to get cheated the same way. Below is my details
ezeego1 reference number : EZR-2012-256240/A
Transaction ID : 2448#04805025
Date of Booking : 14/05/2012
  20th of May, 2012
Dear Mr. Mittal,

Greetings from ezeego1!

Pursuant to our discussion, we would maintain our stance that the detailed conditions on offer eligibility was mentioned under the terms and condition banner. Under the circumstances, we regret to inform you that we shall not be able to process additional refund.

We would like to take this opportunity to inform that all the offers that we launch are real and value for money deals. We hope you would and provide us with another opportunity to serve you to your satisfaction.

Thanking you,