EZ Pawn / Scam charges

I bought a weed eater on 04/13/2009. I brought it home, put gas in it and realized it didn't work. I tried to get it running, I even have knowledge of fixing gas engines like this and couldn't get it going. I brought the item back to the store and took it to the same guy who sold it to me to get a refund. Of course this guy wasn't there, but my receipt says you have 1 day to return. I took it back with in 2 hours after buying it, with the receipt and they refused to give me my money back. They told me, to come back on Tuesday because of their system in order to get a store credit for almost the entire amount 90% less the warranty I bought with it. They said if i returned it then just 2 hours after buying it, I would only get a store credit for 80%. She told me that no way would a cash refund be an option even though I couldn't test the item there and it had been less than 2 hours since I bought it. The manager of the store wouldn't even come out the back to talk with me. The clerk just insisted I come back the next day. Well, Tuesday was the same result. They wouldn't refund my money and tried to give me a store credit for 90% of the item and the manger wouldn't come out the back to talk. I tried to call cooperate and emailed them on Monday and Tuesday. They have yet returned my call or an email. I have done everything to get somebody in charge to help me and know one will speak to me. On top of all this, i bought a 6 month warranty from the store in case the item quit working and they will not honor that. It just upsets me that they will not return a call. Worst of all this pawn shop has ripped me off on more than 15 times on loan over payments. When I am paying 240% APR and get the loan out 2 or 3 days after the loan started, they still charge me the entire month of 240% APR. Other pawns don't do this and I have tried to get the manager involved with this. I should have know not to buy something from a store who has over charged me, but they had a good price and now I know why. To be honest is $122 for a used weed eater good? To me it is if it works as it should, most weed eaters are less than this new. I got sucked into buying a warranty which is useless. I know these guys are just a lawyer away from one of the biggest class action lawsuits from the overpayment of loans. They have done this to all my family members and friends. None of us would not have known this was against the law if I hadn't pawned something earlier this month at another pawn broker. That pawn broker charged the correct APR.

Comments

• Ml
      4th of Dec, 2012

I understand your feeling. I had a very bad experience also with them. I was a customer for over 2 years and because my son got into some trouble I pawned my bracelet. Every month I went to extend and every other month I would renew to bring the amount that I own down. One day because I was 2 days late the lady tells me my jewelly was taken out to clean that if I wanted it now I would have to pay all interest or put it on lay away. I knew I lost it it was a 4500.00 bracelet and a diamond ring that all together it would be around 7-8000.00. I bet the employees or owner got it. But I will never again go to this place again. I felt robbed by them. And then they look into you face.

• Br
      23rd of Jul, 2014

I borrowed hundreds of dollars and paid back.For some reason my transaction history was never attempted to pay on anything.Need my merchandise nothing more explained.