EZ-LUBE / OVERFCHARGING

3506 West Lake Center Drive
Suite B
Santa Ana, CA 92704

Dear Sir:
I am a senior citizen and I have a speech problem due to a stroke and heart attack. Please do not ask me to make or receive phone calls.

I used to take cars to EZ-LUBE in Torrance but I stopped because of
accusations against your company. On October 29 2008 I took my 12-year-old Jeep in to your Torrance facility for the advertised full service oil change at $21.99.

While my Jeep was still outside and I was giving information to an employee, another employee lifted the Jeep hood and with the dipstick in his hand told me how low and dirty the oil was.

Subsequently, I was talked into much more money -- OVER $600.00.
That’s a lot of money especially in these days of financial problems.

I don’t suppose there is much I can do about it now but I think you will lose customers if this is what EZ-LUBE does.

Sincerely

Andrew Bairden

Comments

Da
  13th of Aug, 2007

EZ Lube - Torrance, CA - Lack in the quality of service

I had my Ford Explorer serviced for an oil change. They have a quick turn time, but they lack in the quality of service.

First---they did not check the air pressure in all four tires.
Second---they did not vacuum the interior floors.
Third---they did not clean the windows.

This is all stated in their policy which is supposed to be performed during the oil change. Ez Lube did however check the fluid levels. Where my complaint is coming from is that my entire air filter system was left open and apart. I noticed a strange rattle coming from the engine while driving home and opened the hood when I pulled into my driveway. To my surprise, the air filter system was not attached and completely apart. The rattle was coming from the loose air box.

I called the corporate office to complain and spoke to the manager of the Ez Lube. I told him about the above work not being performed AND about the loose air system. Nothing was offered. The manager only stated that he was going to give a verbal reprimand and a warning.I was not offered a refund or any other compensation. DO NOT GO TO THE TORRANCE EZ-LUBE!!! My advice would be to go somewhere else and not have?a phony certified high school tech work on your vehicle. If you can do the oil change yourself----even better.

Ez Lube Hawthorne/Pacific Coast Highway in Torrance SUCKS!!!