EZ Grant Source / Unauthorized charges

1 51 W. Center St. #617Orem, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-631-1599

Beware do not fall for the EZ Grant Source Scam as I did! They offer a free trial to their website and a monthly service after that to research government grants. Well I never was able to access the website. I do not believe this website even exists! When you e-mail for support you never get a response. Try to call the [protected] number for customer service and you are talking to someone in India (just like the scene from slumdog millionaire)..and they say they will cancel the trial but are unable to credit your card for the $59.69. They tell you to send a letter to the corporate office in Orem, UT. for a refund. Well I did that and still no response. I believe it is a ghost company and a total scam. I am filing a fraud claim with my credit card company. Beware do not fall for this as I did!

Du

Comments

• Md
      3rd of Mar, 2009

The comment was very helpful. I was afraid that the EZ Grants Source was a scam and confirmed my belief through the comment posted by Dustin. Thanks for sharing your experience so that others do not get scammed.

Mike

• Po
      29th of Mar, 2009

I signed up for EZ Grant Source as part of their 10 day free trial offer on 1/22. I received an email confirming my membership and the 10 day window. On 1/30 I called to cancel the membership and was told that I would not be charged. When I received my credit card statement in February there was a $59.96 charge from EZ Grant on 1/29, day 7 of my supposedly 10 day free trial.

I immediately called the company and the first person I talked to refused a refund. I then requested a supervisor who told me that it was a mistake and not to worry I would get a refund within 5-10 business days. I asked for a confirmation number but was refused, I was given the managers name instead. It is now 3/13 and still no refund.

I called back and was told that there was no record of me calling to request a refund. When I gave them the name of the manager I spoke to they said that there was no one by that name that worked there. This rep got very hostile and would not let me finish a sentence and told me that their 'system' only allows refunds within 7 days of the charge. Convenient when they charge people without their knowledge so no one ever makes that window. A supervisor finally got on the phone and he said that he would try to help me, and then conveniently their system crashes and they can't access my account and he promised to call me back. Bottom line is they are banking on the fact that I will get fed up and just pay the charge. They are a total rip off and kept telling me I signed up for a 7 day trial even though the email I received and their website says they offer a 10 day trial. Filing a complaint with my credit card company next. Can't believe this company is taking up so much of my time.

• Me
      2nd of Apr, 2009

I totally agree with you because the same thing happened to me! I never received the CD which they charged me $3.95. I emailed them that to cancel my membership because I did not receive anything from them and I had to find their phone number because it wasn't in the email. Then I got my bank statement in the mail and discovered that they had charged my credit card another $59.69 I was livid. I finally got their phone number and in fact there are several 800-926-7209 & 877 -207-8286 I called both numbers and you are talking to someone in India and they say they will cancel the trial but are unable to credit your card for the $59.69. They tell you to send a letter to the corporate office in Orem, UT for a refund. Well I did that and still no response. This is a total Rip-off!

• Ro
      20th of Aug, 2009

The address provided by thier call center in Costa Rica is a UPS Store in Orem, Utah