EZ Furniture Assembly / Unauthorized charges

I contacted Chris Purnell owner of EZ Furniture Assembly/NYC Handyman. I was looking to get an estimate for a kitchen makeover. His policy is to charge for estimates. I agreed to a $60 fee which would include the estimate, and a computer generated layout of my kitchen with design options etc.. He sent his project manager out, measurements were taken etc. I was to here back from Mr. Purnell within two business days with both the estimate and the layouts for my kitchen. The $60 was to go towards the job if given to Mr. Purnell. I never heard from this company or Mr. Purnell again. Numerous calls and emails went unreturned. When i sent out an email explaining that course of action i would pursue against him i magically received a phone call. He stated that he did not have me on file but that he would 'investigate' my claim and call me in a few days. I never heard back from him except for a email that threatened me with legal action for slander if i preceded with complaining to various agencies. I have a signed receipt from him for the $60. I have not received anything of service and was 'rippedoff' for $60.

Ch

More EZ Furniture Assembly Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• To
      14th of Aug, 2009

I disagree! I used EZ Furniture Assembly & Interior Innovations to renovate my home. They assembled and installed an Ikea kitchen with a tile backsplash and floor. They also did our bathroom with a new sink and removed the tub and placed a standing tiled shower with a pedastal sink and track lighting. They also assembled all our furniture from Ikea and even added a floating wood floor throughout our bedroom and living room. To Mr. Purnell and his team I can't say THANKS enough!

Todd & Ann

• Ny
      26th of Aug, 2009

I too had a bad experience with Mr. Purnell. Work started 2 weeks later then promised, workers were unexperienced, work was sloppy at best. Owner Chris Purnell could not have cared less..he had my money and that was that. I have seen these kind of people before..there called "con artists".

Dave W-NYC

• Mr
      28th of Aug, 2009

Please check out any contractor before you hire them. Check references and in this case, criminal background and records in both NY and PA.