EZ COMB / Wouldn't allow cancalation of order

Phone: (800) 770-4034

March 5, 2009 I ordered a set of 3 ez combs (Caramel, Bronze & Dazzling Silver) for my wife,
at $10.00 + $6.99 S/H.($16.99)
Sunday 22nd I see a pending amount on my debit card for $23.98.
Monday I call my bank to see what this amount is for ...They give me the above toll free number, I call, and it's for the ez combs that I ordered back on the 5th . I asked the customer service person why I was being charged $ 23.98 for a $10.00 item +s/h. Her reply was "It's for the Free ez comb (Bermuda Black) & Styling DVD' You have to pay seperate S/H for these items" My reply was "I didn't order those items" " Has this order been shipped?" Her reply "NO"...My reply "then I would like to cancel the entire order"...Her reply "Well Sir I can give you a $5.00 discount" ..Mine "No just cancel my order".. Hers "I'm sorry sir I can't".. Mine " Let me get this straight, You haven't shipped this order, it's still sitting in your warehouse and you can't cancel this order, because why?" Hers "I have no way of doing so"
After about 10 min. of arguing this issue with her I ask to speek to a supervisor, Her reply "there isn't a supervisor here today & if there was they would tell you the same thing.' 'I can give you a RMA number so you can return it"
Now I see were this is going, I ask her "When I ship these Items backusing the RMA number you refund the $10.00 back to my debit card & you'll keep the $13.98 because of course the shipping &
handling isn't refundable + I have to pay the shipping cost back to your location?" Her reply" Yes Sir!
How much do you think a couple combs with elastic attached & a DVD that I didn't order in the first place are worth?
Joe Timmerman
<joe@liquid8r.com>

Comments

• Nw
      23rd of Feb, 2009
    EZ COMB - scam

ordered this product after viewing the TV ad. $10 for 3 combs plus $6.99 S/H - total $16.99. waded through LONG automated ordering service that kept offering various other products for additional money. had to remain silent during these extra offers or you would be charged for them. after a month, finally received a DUPLICATE ORDER with an enclosed invoice for $40.79. Called to complain and waited for a full 15 mins. before they picked up. the woman insisted i ordered 2 (which i did not), then said that she could offer me $10 credit to keep both orders - which would still have cost me $30.79 when i only authorized $16.99 to be charged on my card. i told her i didn't want the duplicate order and she finally gave me a return authorization #, but said they would only credit me $10 for the 3 returned combs and not the S/H, which, again, I did not authorize on a 2nd order. Since i ordered with a credit card, i have disputed the charge, and told my credit card company to only authorize $16.99 for the 1 order I placed. Remember, when placing orders with credit cards, most credit card companies will reverse disputed, unauthorized charges for no charge.

• Tr
      23rd of Mar, 2009
    EZ COMB - Bad service
    EZ comb

I saw the ad for the EZ combs and thought how wonderful. So today I went out and purchased 4 of the combs.

I spent over 20.00 dollars on the damn things and I only had them for about 2 hrs when one of them broke in my hands.

They are not easy to use and they twist up and are next to impossible to untangle. I am not happy. Dont waste your hard earned cash on the things unless you want to spend hrs trying to do the hairstyles that do not look like the video.

• Ro
      1st of Apr, 2009

Thanks for your comments.

I too was attracted by the advertisements but based on your experience will not waste my money.

That said, I ordered, received and just love another, similar product (made by African women; 90% of the profits go to these women). More expensive, but incredibly solid, easy to use and very, very pretty. http://www.africanhaircombs.com/index.html

Best,
    Rose Anne

22nd of Apr, 2009

I also ordered w 2 sets of ez combs on Sunday, the 19th of April. My I wondered why my checking account was debited for nearly $100 dollars!! After having checked on the computer, it showed that they had deducted $98 dollars for the 2 sets of combs including shipping!!! I have not at this point called them as I am going to go to my bank and ask if I can place a stop-payment on the amount and this, if possible is going to cost me $35!! This is a company which needs to be investigated by the FTC!!

28th of Apr, 2009
    EZ COMB - Cheating
    EZ comb
    Uruguay

Charge more money than promised. No live person available to talk/complain/explain the charges. Longe delivery times. Similar item in stores available for $9.99, they charge $23. Rip off and fraud

• Ca
    Michigan
    Phone: 734-782-7214
    carolann_werking_369@comcast.net

I ordered one set of the ez comb-April 14th the set cost came to
    23.98 that was with taxes & shipping - a dvd was with the kit.
    I just recieved it... they are awful+ first time i tried to use one it broke..
    This so called company turned
    around and charged me another 88.91...that i never ordered...
    They had my credit card number & send me 6more+6 dvd...
    To my way of thinking they just decided to steal...i finally got
    to a human being & she was very rude saying i DID order them&
    either send them back or i was stuck with the $88.91...she was so
    vague... so i knew even if i send them back, nothing would be
    taken off my bill...they would just have 88.91 to send to another
    unspecting person...so i have all these pure junk combs..called my
    credit card company-they are putting a dispute on the 88.91
    if we all banned together for them stealing ... i would love to put
    them out of the scam business ...how do you feel? my cell + 734-502-2827

• Ca
      17th of May, 2009

Hi Marie...you are being much too kind to these scam artist...
    I ordered just one set-with three combs + they said they would
    throw in the set- avideo. with shipping & taxes- the cost to me
    was twenty three dollar's & ninety one cents...it took a couple
    months for them to arrive... on that same day i ordered...
    the creeps had my charge card #... so they charged me $89.oo
    When i finally got to talk to a PERSON...i told i did not owe
    for that second, because i didn't order it...she said i did...What
    a mess...i called my credit card company this morning & he is
    sending me papers to fill out... dates i ordered and so on.. He also put a
    dispute on that second one.. I got on complaints for EZcombs..i couldn't all the people they stole from.. I am going to check with a lawyer about them...they just steal..and be put out of business..
    i wish you & everyone else lots of luck...we are going to need it..
    A fellow victim~Carolann~They are also junt junt & more junk

• As
      27th of Jun, 2009

I have a different complaint about the product but, I totally agree with this previous person's comment they charge more at the public attractions places like state fairs, etc. Also, my complaint is it got stuck to my hair would not come off and I had to cut a good portion off.