EZ Auto Finance / Lemon cars being sold!

110 Spencer hwySouth Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
4.35
Phone: 713-991-5209
I purchased a 2000 Saab 9-3 from Ray and Eric on 3/8/2008, I didn't drive it until 3/10/2008 due to the dealership not having and inspection sticker on the car. On 3/11/2008 the car breaks down on me. And I had it towed to a mechanic, at this time, i was told that the v-belt had snapped on the car and that the pulley was broken. I called the dealership, and they would only pay for half the charges even though I had the car for only 4 days, and had driven it once. The total charges came to $500. On 3/21/2008 the car broke down on me yet another time. This time it just would not start. I had the car towed to the dealership. The next day, Ray and Eric told me that there was nothing wrong with the car, and that it started as soon as the mechanic turned the ignition, and that I would be responsible for the towing charge. It just magically started working when it got back to the dealership. Today I picked up the car from the dealership, and was told that the battery cables were bad, and that the motor mount needs to be repaired. I feel that the dealership knew of these problems, and misrepresented their product. These people are selling Lemons, and must be stop. Please do not fall into there scandal. I put $1000 down on the car, and have to pay another $500 to make the down payment for $1500., this week. And then next week my car note is due for $401, on a car that doesn't run properly. When I confronted Eric, the only thing he could say was "make sure you make your payment on time", and that the car was bought "as is". Now, I have to risk this car going on my credit, when I give it back, and pay another dealership a down payment for a good car!

Please do not make the mistake I have made... They are scams!!

Comments

Ro
  2nd of Jun, 2009
Hey man,

Thanks for sharing your experience but please write the exact URL of the website so anyone would be able to know which is the scam and who is genuine.

Looking for your reply!

Thanks!
Ne
  11th of Jun, 2012

Ez auto - Lemon car sold
ezauto.com

Glenn at EZ auto in somersworth NH sold my sister a 2001 GMC Jimmy, after my sister stated she was a single mom and needed a reliable vehicle. She spent 3900 on this vehicle Glenn told her he would have it state inspected (I was there to witness that). The vehicle failed inspection and my sister was told to drive it for 100 miles and then come back to see if it passed inspection. My sister called daily with no return phone calls from Glenn. On Friday March 4th her transmission went and the vehicle would no longer go in reverse. She called Glenn crying to explain the situaltion and reminded him of the promise of the state inspection which she has in writting and he said she bought the vehicle AS IS and there was nothing he could do. My sister then brought the vehicle to a mechanic which stated that the transmission had been in this condition and there is no way that EZ auto could have had no knowledge of this as the fluid was topped off to try and hide the problem. Glenn stated to my sister that this was originally the owners vehicle but later recanted that statement and said it was his son's. I hope that this story and the others about EZ auto in somersworth will persuade anyone shopping for a vehicle away from this BAD dealership. There are enough complaints I think action needs to be taken against them soon.