EZ 1 Rate / Unauthorized charges

UnknownUnknown, CA, United States Review updated:
4.3
Phone: unknown
I received a call from a company offering free gasoline vouchers for trying their product. I didn't receive the vouchers but my account was charged. I called to tell them that I didn't receive the information packet they promised and that because I didn't get the packet I didn't have an opportunity to cancel the service.

I received a response from the company saying that no refund would be issued. I intend to pursue this matter further.

Comments

Ch
  6th of Oct, 2008
I am currently being billed by 2 companies, EZ 1 Rate and F ED AMER on my bank statement. They contacted me about gas discounts and then I got this coupon book in the mail to mail back to them and get $5.00 a month back with a gas receipt. What a scam! I cannot get in touch with either company to cancel this noexistant service and I have no intention of mailing a bunch of coupons in for rebates which will probably be in the form of more coupons.
Al
  28th of Oct, 2008
The same thing happen to me, now I'm fighning trying to get my money back.These people need to be stopped.People work hard for their money, just to be scamed out of their money. I just wish someone could help me get my money back.They actually think that 49.90 is easy to come by.
To
  7th of Feb, 2009
i got the same call a few mins ago but using my head i looked up the name on the net. The guys name was Dave funny didnt sound like a Dave, i got his supervisor, it was fun to mess with there heads i end up making them so mad they hung up on me so i called there number what do you know there closed. lol they tried tricking me about o you only need to pay S&H so we will need your card to pay for that. lol im not that dumb you need my number to steal it only a ### would not think about looking up an unknown number ^^ so now i have emailed them and treating a law suit for harassment. Since they keep calling me and i have asked them to remove my number, so i win they lose lol

EZ-1-Rate
Carson City, Nevada
Phone: 1800-923-8939
customercare@ez-1-rate.com
Se
  13th of Mar, 2009
The guy from EZ one rate just called me... They gave me an encouraging reason to believe him about the $300 in free gas vouchers and some other vouchers too. What a putz, man, he finished and asked permission for a shipping charge. Then I knew he was full of ###...
Jo
  24th of Mar, 2009
I just got that call, thankfully I was sitting at my computer and looked up their info and it brought me to this page.

Just to get him to shutup I gave up my address, but stopped cold when he started to ask for my Credit Card info for some shipping charge.
Lo
  22nd of Apr, 2009
If you tell them you need their attorney's contact information and that the phone call is recorded, they wont hang up for legal reasons and you can keep jumping up the chain of supervisors by saying you are going to take legal actions against them for harassment (which is allowed). Which is what I am going to do because I have nothing better to do with my time and over 2 hours of recorded phone calls from Jimmy the Indian DouscheBag. They will quit after they buy my wife her next new BMW SUV. Hopefully they wont read this so I can continue, but Good Luck everyone.