Eyewear Repair Express / Terrible experience

They lost my $325 pair of glasses in March 2008. After 3 months they decided to make me another pair. Finally in Sept of 2008 after many excuses for delays they said they were sending my glasses. A couples weeks went by and they told me the glasses were mailed to the wrong address. I had to wait another month for the glasses to come back from the Post Office. At the end of October they said they came back and they were sending them out. They never came. These people just don't care about customer service. When I filed a complaint with the BBB they now say that the lenses were the wrong prescription and they want to make me another pair. I believe they never made any glasses. I now want money to get my own glasses made. So far they have not done anything.

Va

Comments

• Lt
      6th of Aug, 2009

I also received poor service from eyewear express. I sent an email stating what the repair required for my frames. They said they could do it. A month after I sent the frames, they were returned without any work done and there was also no letter attached stating why it couldn't be done. I requested a refund, which they agreed to do. After a month of chasing them up, still no refund was made. I am very disappointed with the service and poor communication from this company and will never use them again.

• Tr
      3rd of Jan, 2012
    Eyewear Repair Express - Frame repair
    Eyewear Repair Express
    Atlanta
    Georgia

Sent eyeglasses for a welding job. Promised a couple day turn around. Took weeks to even get a quote including shipping, which I agreed to, and was assured that the repair would be returned within a week would not be noticeable - as before broken. After several weeks of e-mails and run-around, finally received frames. The repair was hideous. I later discovered that they had billed my credit card about 30% more than agreed. I phoned them to complain, and was instructed to send them photos via e-mail. Several subsequent e-mails were ignored and I was forced to file a dispute with my credit card. After getting a letter stating the inferiority of the repair from my local Lenscrafters to send to the credit card company with the photos and evidence, I for was forced to abandon the matter as not worth the time spent.
    The frames are trash, funds flushed, lesson learned, enough time spent.