Eyewear Giant / Rip off

1 US Review updated:

I've had a personal experience with this company. Yes, there is retail involved, but that seems to be their main focus. I will admit that the doctors do proper examination, but as soon as you step onto the retail floor to pick out glasses HIDE YOUR WALLET! This company is so money hungry. The head desk riders at the corporate office tell the staff to tell patients, that the doctor recommended lens treatments, even if the doctor didn't. These lens treatments are costly! Example: Crizal anti-reflective coating costs $100.00, and basic anti-reflective coating costs $60.00 extra. That does not include the price of your lenses and frames. Honestly, I think that there is no difference between the effectiveness of the two, that's my opinion. I've seen a person wait over a month for their glasses with Crizal. If you ever go there, do ask for a break down on what you're buying, I've seen an employee charge people for the basic anti-reflective coating even though it wasn't asked for. Also remember to ask where prices start on materials, they can rip you off!!

Wa

Comments

Jan 21, 2010

Crizal is much better than basic -- it has scratch resistance and is easy to clean. Standard AR smears and scratches badly, even with proper care.