Eyepothesis / Credit card charged for item that was never received

Erie, PA, United States Review updated:
4.7
Phone: 8148256766
On 11/24, I saw an advertisement in a magazine for Eyepothesis, a product that is supposed to relieve dark circles, bags, etc. from underneath the eyes. The "Trial Size" was a cost of $2.87.

On 12/3, I had a charge on my credit card for $78.41 from eyepothesis! I never ordered anything else and never received anything.

On 12/12, I called the number that was on my credit statement for eyepothesis [protected]. When I called that number, I was told by Reggie (no last name) that I must call back in 1.5 hours to report the scam because they were in a different office and wouldn't be in until then. (I never used the word "scam" so I'm assuming he has received other calls on this.

I called back on 12/12, (over 1.5 hours later) the same number [protected] and was given another number to call, [protected]. I spoke to Devin who informed me that when you order the trial size of the product you are automatically enrolled in the automatic ordering, every month. This is outrageous because if there was a notice that by ordering the trial size you are automatically signed up then I did not see it! AND, I NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING!

Now, about the $78.41 charge on my credit card, I never ordered this, I never received the product and I am appalled at the blatent/dishonest way they rip people off.

Devin explained to me that if I sent the product back that the $78.41 would be credited. She gave me the tracking number of my "trial" product and told me to track it down for a full refund OR she could credit my account for $45 within 24 hours. Because of my distrust now, I opted for the $45 credit within 24 hours because I did not believe I would ever see a full refund. If they do credit my account the $45, which I do not have high hopes for, I am still out $2.87 plus $33.41 (the remainder of the charge on my card after the $45 credit (providing it comes off) for a total of 36.28.

Please feel free to call me to discuss if you need to.

Comments

Bn
  30th of Jan, 2009
In my state you can dispute the charge through your credit card provider within 60 days. Try that. I am taking that route first.
Ka
  7th of Aug, 2009
8/6 i was charged $78 and i didnt order this sh**!
Li
  22nd of Dec, 2009
I called immediately after to cancel my order, and then when I still recieved the stuff in the mail, without taking out of the mail box put "return to sender" they told me that b/c the didn't get it back in two weeks time they couldn't refund me...I'm reporting them as fraud through my bank, so we'll see how that goes.
Jo
  11th of Mar, 2010
I am so PO'ed right now. I have better words to use but I will refrain. I did the free trial as well, and yesterday I got a $78.41 charge on my credit card. I emailed them to see what the return policy was, and they said since I missed cancelling my account before the trial period ended that there is no return. So I tried calling them to see if I got a different response. Nope same response. I told the girl, Terry, that this was illegal and that I was going to report them to VISA. She said it wasn't illegal and that it was perfectly legitimate. After going back and forth with her, I ended up hanging up on her saying I was going to report them to VISA. I guess they didn't get the memo. VISA has a new rule that that kind of practice is no longer accepted. I know this because I just started my own website for memberships and was going to do the same thing. Give a free month of the membership, then after 30 days automatically charge the person's account. When going to get approved for my merchant account, I couldn't get approved until I took that down. You are no longer able to do that to someone! So I am going through the necessary channels and going to report them. From what I have been told the fines are outrageous!! So maybe we won't get our $78 bucks back, but at least they won't get it either!
Ga
  17th of Oct, 2010
Hi there, The same damn thing happened to me with this Eyepothesis, they should be
reported to the BBB because they are nothing but SCAMMERS. I am not sure what to
do but I will definately act soon again them. Any Suggestions send them along. This
sort of thing has to be STOPPED. Gail Myles gail.myles@yahoo.com
Ma
  21st of Jan, 2011
I am reading complaint after complaint and everyone of them is the same thing that i am going through. I have been on phone for 2 days trying to get this settled. I thought that I was ordering a sample and then I changed my mine as soon as I ordered it. I spoke to someone on phone and told them that i did want any of the products and to cancel order and not charge me on card. They said ok. Well lol and behold i have been charge 78.41 and not a product to be seen either. They are telling me that there was only 1 week to test product and get it back for refund. How do you test and return a product with a week when you don't even have it. Also the tracking number they gave me is not a viable number per UPS. Waiting for a call back now. Calling BBB.
De
  17th of Feb, 2011
Yep, I to was ripped off by this company with the exact same script from each person I spoke to. I will be placing a complaint to the BBB today...Any other suggestions keep me posted. Thank you and sorry there are such dishonest people out there taking our hard earned money...
Az
  3rd of Mar, 2011
I TOO HAD CHARGES SO UP FOR 1.00 ON NY CREDIT CARD FROM THIS COMPANY, WHICH I NEVER ORDERED NOR HAS ANYTHING ARRIVED. I CALLED THEM AND THEY TO SAID I WAS GOING TO BE CHARGED 78.00 AND CHANGE IF I DID NOT RETURN IT. HELLO! I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING OR ORDERD IT. I CONTACTED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY FOR FRAUD THEY ARE ALOS LINKED TO IVORY WHITE WHICH I HAD A CHARGE FROM THEM TOO! SAME EXACT POLICY THEY STATED.HMMMMMM DEFINITELY A SCAM AND FRAUS WITH THIS COMPANY (S)
Az
  3rd of Mar, 2011
they charged my cc for something i did not recieve or even order! called them and they sais I would be charge 78. and change if i did not return the product or i ccould opt to keep it and pay 19.95...WHAT when i have not got anything or recieved it!! I contacted my credit card company and they stop the card. they did not even have the right name, phising, scammers and certainly fraudlent company ... ps they are also the same company as called IVORY WHITE!!!
Mc
  29th of Mar, 2011
My story is the same as most of those above. I honestly question if there are enough people hurt financially by this if there would be a possibility to bring about a lawsuit that not only helped recover part or all of the money obtained in this way or at the very least set a precedent to shut these unethical companies down, change a law(s) to stop the predatory practices on poor hardworking people. When I went to cash a check for groceries, I found I only had $2.07 left in checking after they ran the $78 thru my debit account. I had no money left for over 2 weeks until I received a check. It is time to stop these companies from preying on the less fortunate! I would help in whatever way I could. Any lawyers out there willing to look at?
M Campbell - KY
Gi
  18th of May, 2011
i was told that because i missed the "trial period" window. I received the product less than 4 days ago... i still haven't opened it!! That even if I RETURN IT I WILL STILL NOT BE REFUNDED!!! I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT IN MY LIFE.. I ALREADY FILED A REPORT WITH THE BBB(better business bureau) i suggest EVERYONE GO ONLINE AND DO THE SAME!!! Power in numbers!!
Sm
  7th of Jul, 2011
After agreeing to purchase the trial for $1.08, I noticed the fine prints stating afterwards that I needed to cancel within 7 days if I didn't want to get charged the actual price of $78.41. Then I looked somewhere else that stated I had to do it after 7 business days, so I knew they were a scam. The first thing I did was cancel my credit card right away, cause I knew I wasn't going to win with them scammers. They have been calling me everyday until I said they got the wrong number and then they stopped. I got the eyepothesis for $1.08 and am glad I read the fine prints.
Ma
  14th of Oct, 2011
Eyepothesis is company that likes to scam people we need to get this company out of the market. Please anyone who has been scam report this to the better business bureau and your local politican to stop this company on preying on the working class.
Ju
  3rd of Jun, 2016

Eyepothesis - never ordered never rec'd but charged for
eyepothesis
China

I never ordered this product but was charged on my credit card. I didn't realize it until I was looking over information for taxes.
I went online to fill out a Wallmart $1000.00 free card and when I got to the end I was told I had to order a procduct. There was a
sample of eyepothesis for 2.87 I checked it but then canceled and changed my mind. I canceled the whole survey. While looking over
my records I found three more charges for this procduct plus they went ahead and ordered (and Sent) the $2.87 sample (which I have
never ordered) this was on June 7, 2010..$2.87 on June 15 I was charged 78.41, June 20 109.00 and July 16, 84.36 I never ordered
anything and never rec'd anything. I want my money back on my crediat card pronto