Eyepothesis / ripped off

1 CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-711-2833

Beware of false tems advertising. I submitted an order to try this product for free...there were no terms on ad page, so my oversight I filled out the order form and then it quickly went to the terms page...which read you can return and not be charged before 8 days is up. I can't tell that this product even works and I am allergic to it. I called what I thought was 7 days (after receiving the product) and cancelled the order. Then the charges showed up on my card. This eye cream was cheap and I don't beleive it has the ingredients they are advertising. I was charged $78.00 for something that was similat to ponds.
I called and they said I was not entitled to a refund because I called back more than 8 days. I was then told it was 8 days from ordering, not from recieving like it should be in order to really try the product. This is a mass rip-off idea. I was put on hold to talk to a supervisor and finally hung up. I was unable to negotiate the terms.
Anyone out there want to do a class action lawsuit? The page you first come onto has no terms, and has credible businesses listed like Allure, New York Times and makes it look like they are endorsing eyepothesis...but if you read what is in print it just has references of empty statements that don't directly support this product. I plan on contacting every one of them...and I think others should too.

Fr

Comments

• La
      7th of Oct, 2009

I wish they'd rip off an attorney who would take them on just for the principle of the thing. For $19.41, how much time are you going to waste on something like this...? I have reported them to the BBB in Boulder CO... Not that I expect anything to come of it. My only saving grace is that I used a "prepaid card" with $40 credit on it to order it, so when they TRIED to charge me the $78.41 three days later THREE DAYS !!! it was disallowed... I guess I should consider myself lucky. I agree the product is JUNK !!! I have an expensive pretty jar to show for my $20 lesson.

• Ha
      16th of Jun, 2010

I agree that this company is conducting their business honestly. When I ordered it online, it says bills 2.95 for 7 days trial, but when I called on the same day I received the package, the automatic answering service says, there is no need to return, you will be billed $19.41 and never be billed again. This is not the original term and service agreement they posted.

Below is the terms and service agreement from eyepothesis which they are not honoring.

Trial Terms and Conditions:
    1. You must be 18 years old or older to participate in this trial.
    2. You must use your own credit card or debit card.
    3. Start your trial now to receive a trial supply of Eyepothesis. You simply invest $2.87 today for shipping and
    handling to evaluate this great skin product for yourself.
    4. Your credit card will be charged the selected S&P charge above.
    5. If Eyepothesis is not right for you, call 1-866-711-2829 within 8 days from your order date to cancel your trial
    and you owe nothing more.
    6. Shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer.
    7. By participating in the trial, you are receiving a discount of 40% off of the normal retail price and you will be
    responsible for taking affirmative action during the trial period to avoid further charges outlined in How the
    Offer Works.
    8. By clicking on the button to the right, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions in How the Offer Works.
    9. You may call 1-866-711-2829 anytime to contact customer service regarding your shipment.

• Ha
      16th of Jun, 2010

OOPS, I mean dishonest.

• Da
      16th of Jul, 2011

I am a new victim myself, was told to receive a trial product for 1.00 U$, receive the product, and was never warned that would be charged a 78.11. amount for a trial product, after a month, if i did not cancel my account...end of the story...i end up with no product...and they took 78..11 from my account...