EyeMasters / Bad Service

1 Baytown, TX, United States Review updated:

I'VE BEEN BUYING GLASSES FROM EYEMASTERS FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS. I'VE HAD SOM PROBLEMS IN THE PAST BUT THE PROBLEMS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN WORKED OUT. NOT THIS TIME. ON 05/21/09 I WENT IN TO GET GLASSES. I PICKED OUT FRAMES AND LENSES TOTAL COST WAS $329.00. IN 10 DAYS I WENT TO PICK UP MY GLASSES. I WORE THEM FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS BUT I WAS HAVING TROUBLE READING. I WENT BAK TO THE EYE DOCTOR AT EYEMASTERS AND HE SAID I HAD BEEN GIVEN THE WRONG SCRIPT AND HE CHAGED THE BIFOCALS TO HELP ME READ. TOOK THE NEW SCRIPT TO EYEMASTERS THEY AGREED TO REMAKE THE LENSES FOR FREE ACCORDING TO THEIR POLICY. IN A FEW WEEKS I WENT IN TO PICK UP MY NEW GLASSES AND THE LENSES WERE SCRATCHED. THE CLERK TOLD ME THEY WOULD REMAKE THE BAD LENSE. IN TWO WEEKS I WENT BACK TO HAVE THE NEW LENSE INSTALLED. I WAS TOLD THEIR LENSE CUTTING MACHINE WAS GOING TO BE DOWN FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS BUT THAT THEY WOULD CALL ME WHEN THE GLASSES WERE READY. YESTERDAY ON 07/22/09 I WAS CALLED SAYING MY GLASSES WERE READY. I WENT TO PICK THEM UP THE BIFOCALS WERE NOT STRIGHT ACROSS. AND WHILE FURTHER EXAMINING THE GLASSES I NOTICED THAT THE LENSES WERE STILL SCRATCHED. I WAS REALL UPSET BUT KEEP MY COOL AND CALMLY ASKED FOR A REFUND. I GUESS THEY WERE TIRED OF ME BECAUSE THEY REFUNDED MY MONEY QUICKLY WITHOUT HESITATION AND DIDN'T ASK TO LET THEM FIX THE PROBLEM. THEY HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER OF 10 YEARS THAT HAS THREE FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ALSO WERE GLASSES.

Ro

Comments

• Ca
      2nd of Jun, 2010

I reported a second incident of an error on the eye glasses I ordered on 5/15/10 to the national Eye Master Customer Service. I ordered a pair of glasses to work on my computer (intermediate lens) and the bottom section of the lens for reading (near vision) 12/12/09.
    The manager at Eye Masters could only offer me a replacement pair of eye glasses for $92.98 since my warranty from 12/12/10 had expired. I paid the required amount, and the order was placed on 5/15/10 and I received the pair of eye glasses on 5/25/10. Unfortunately the new pair of eye glasses was identical to those ordered on 12/12/09, however, without the Bifocal line. I still cannot see my computer screen.
    On June 1st I went into the Sugar house Store # 4287 and spoke with a sales tech, Melissa R. She explained that I needed a "Short Corridor Design" with an "Intermediate lense on top and a "Near Vision" on the bottom. I explained that was what I thought had been ordered both times. I asked for a refund and for them to return the lenses I paid $232.92 for in Dec. 2009. She stated that he lenses had been thrown away. I was not informed of this or given the opportunity to keep my lenses. I was required to return the eye glasses and they would take out the current lenses and return to me my empty frame if I wanted them to approve a refund of the $92.98. Who is going to pay me the $232.92 for the lenses they threw away? What a rip off!!! I have been a customer since 1999 and I will never purchase another pair of eyeglasses from Eyemasters. I am extremely unsatisfied with the service I have received at Eyemasters #287 in Sugarhouse. The national hot line "Customer Service" office is a joke!

• Ti
      4th of Sep, 2010

I went into the Eye Masters in Murray for one of their promotions. I had to wait like 30 minutes to see Dr. H*$$, he was just rude and slightly disconnected, and just generally not interested. He just wanted me in and out I could tell. I asked about bifocal lenses (because having a lazy eye as a child I have always had them) his general demeanor was "why bother?" And if I wasn't sensitive to it already he just bluntly said there's no point in even getting a separate Rx for my other eye and wrote on the Rx that my right was the same as my left. And after being rushed through the whole process (like 10 minutes, 75% of the eye exam was just on the 'normal eye') he gave my paper to the girl to ring me up. The total was astronomically higher than I originally thought! I said 'no thanks', walked out after paying for my 'exam'.

I later attempted to use the Rx online with a very great eyeglass service (custom made, super awesome frames) only to find my Rx was incomplete! only the left eye Rx, no mm in measurements, nothing else!

Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had as a customer, and being from a family of people who wear glasses, I highly recommend staying away from this place! I have worked retail and customer service and can tell that this business is set on trying to get people in and out and quickly as possible, irregardless of whether or not any of their service is done properly.

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST! Been into Lenscrafters and realize that they're 100x more helpful and friendly (even though I haven't bought anything from them!) If your in the Murray area avoid Eye Masters and go to Lenscrafters or one of the other near-by eyeglass stores.